+3
Lee
Ben W
C.K
7 posters

Go down

Michael Newton Empty Michael Newton

Post by C.K Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Norwood's Michael Newton will miss the rest of the 2012 season after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in the win over Sturt on the weekend. A terrible blow for their premiership hopes.

In a sad irony, reserves player Henry Davis also damaged his ACL on the same day and will miss up to 12 months.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Michael Newton Empty Re: Michael Newton

Post by Ben W Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Sorry to hear that, the lad gives his all for the jumper week in and week out and spends the rest of the season on the sidelines - not to mention the actual pain that goes with that injury. All the best to both of them.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm

That's really bad news.

It's a long rehab after such an injury and I hope he makes a full recovery for his future footy.

He's an exciting player to watch.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Bad luck for Juice, here's wishing him a successful recovery. 2012 is slowly falling apart at the seams for the Redlegs. Sad
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm

C.K wrote:Norwood's Michael Newton will miss the rest of the 2012 season after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in the win over Sturt on the weekend. A terrible blow for their premiership hopes.

In a sad irony, reserves player Henry Davis also damaged his ACL on the same day and will miss up to 12 months.

That is sad news to hear, especially after Newton was just starting to find himself settled in the League side, following on from playing a bit of reserves footy at the start if the year.

Terrible news for young Davis as well, especially considering he has re-torn the same ACL he was coming back from a previous reconstruction on. Good luck to both with the rehab.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Talk about 'deja vu'.
Norwood's injury list is starting to look like a 'who's who?' at the club.
I had a premonition about this back at the beginning of June ........

Quote: Like every team, Norwood have to watch out for complacency and injuries.

Fortunately we have pretty good depth at the club this year, but too many first rate players on the sidelines can destroy any club’s chances. Speaking of successful depth, I see West Adelaide as potentially our biggest threat so far. In League and Reserves they’re 2nd only to Norwood and at the moment lead the U18’s table. For this reason, as the year progresses and injuries take their toll, the Bloods may well find themselves better able to cover losses than many other clubs.

Bad luck can see any premiership favourites fall back to the pack very quickly, just as good players returning to teams languishing at the bottom of the ladder can suddenly see finals heading their way. Every game is a gamble for players to remain intact and history has shown how cruel fate can be. All any club can do is work hard for overall depth and hopefully become better able to cover substantial personnel losses if lady luck ‘flicks you the bird’ and injuries just keep coming.

What a kick in the guts !
Crying or Very sad
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Sabre, this is why I don't believe in "premiership favouritism" in round 14. The depth were are lacking right now is in talls, both forward and back. Pity we told the likes of Dalwood and Schulz to hop on their bikes, eh?

There are a couple of lads from the U18s I wouldn't mind having a look at before the AFL nab them. One's a tall who can play key defensive or attacking roles equally as effective, and the other is a very talented midfielder with superb ball skills and read of the play.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Don't mention any names 'Hawky'.
Tell me in private.
We've been raped enough !
Michael Newton 294855916
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

AH and Sabre.

Not knowing Norwood's situation as well as you do, does this make any difference to the reasoning behind clearing Will Dalwood?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 pm

redandblack wrote:AH and Sabre.

Not knowing Norwood's situation as well as you do, does this make any difference to the reasoning behind clearing Will Dalwood?
‘Hawky’ may see things differently, but I was dumbfounded by Will’s departure. As far as I’m concerned, he comes from a bloodline that is Football Royalty in my humble opinion. A Norwood stalwart like his dad Grant must be gutted and it’s not as though the kid hasn’t got the talent. Physical maturity takes time for young blokes of his height and I reckon Will had just started to put on some much needed muscle and confidence.

I’m sure those in charge are making the right choices in good faith, but given the recent atrocious loss of personnel being inflicted upon ‘leggyland’, I can’t help feeling that a little more patience and caution should have been the flavour for decisions like that of Will Dalwood in 2012. When your soldiers are falling like flies at the front, you don’t shoot your troops out the back.

Anyway, for what it’s worth, I liked the way he played the game at Norwood. If he had been allowed to bulk up a little more and perhaps have someone work on his spring & ‘leg speed’, we may have seen far more promising performances had he been kept on a bit longer. Personally, I hope Will stars for North Adelaide, AGAINST EVERY CLUB BUT US !!!

The club obviously feels Sturt recruit Angus Clarke has the right body shape at the moment, however, I have grave doubts about his ability to get off the ground when rucking and especially his high marking ability, something Norwood desperately needs ‘in spades’ with Michael Newton now out for the year and Luke Jericho finding it hard to avoid injury.

Word from ‘The Parade’ is that we’re selling off the gym to buy a new triage unit and surgery !
Wink
It'll come in very handy for my liver transplant. These friggin' injuries have driven me to drink !!! (Yes, even more ! Michael Newton 2343124779 )

Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:00 am

To answer the Will Dalwood question, once a coach decides that you "cannot play", your days are numbered. Will was told at the start of the year he'd never play league again, but he hung on because he dearly wanted to play for Norwood. However, the arrogance of the man in charge decided he was taking up space so he had to go.

My major concern is Bassett has been coaching to the end of 2012, what does he care what the list will look like in 2013? There will be a further invasion of Norwood by AFL clubs at the end of this year, and anything up to 10 players could go.

Why Norwood? Because for some reason, we love to advertise any talented junior to anyone who will listen. I'm thankful for the job Bassett has done in some respects, but I have always feared he was building a persona that involved future AFL involvement at a coaching level.

Over the past 2-3 years, we've lost an entire football team to the AFL draft, this would look good on anyone's resume when applying for AFL jobs, wouldn't it?

Dalwood went because ... well, he simply won't play AFL football. What concerns me most is the player drain is hurting the club, and even as early as 2013 we may be looking around for a handy tall to play a role in defence, and there he will be in a North jumper.

The standard of SANFL is dropping slowly each season, and some of the players we've let go may have been a part of our teams in 2014, 2015 etc, players such as Schulz, Ramsay, Moss, Dalwood, etc.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hong Kong Fooee Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

SHAME ABOUT NEWTON, HE WAS STARTING TO GET SOME REAL CONSISTENCY. MORE PRESSURE ON WARREN TO PLAY A BIT DEEPER TILL JERICHO GETS BACK. WARREN IS BETTER SUITED AS THE LEADING FULL FORWARD THOUGH I THINK.
Hong Kong Fooee
Hong Kong Fooee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down