Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

+4
fatty
The Emperor
howthewestwaswon
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Glenelg_logo V Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium BulldogsLogo

Saturday 23 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Glenelg are coming off a humiliating defeat against Norwood at Norwood while Centrals gritted out a tough win against Port at Elizabeth. Will Glenelg bounce back and notch up a rare win over Centrals, or will Centrals continue to inflict their psychological pain over the Tigers.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Central to win by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: Glenelg v Centrals, Saturday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by The Emperor Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Centrals beat us comfortable at home last time with only 17 players for the majority of the match.

I would be interested to see how Massie reacts with players being dropped.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 pm

hoping for a miracle
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 pm

If Glenelg play with the same lack of intensity it did last week, they can expect another belting. I think they'll put in a much improved effort this week but I would think Central by 4 goals.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Glenelg
F: McGinty, Davenport, Gill
HF: Kennedy, Kirkby, S. Snook
C: Hitchcock, Holmes, Tenace
HB: Agnew, Curran, Milne
B: Pitt, Rudolph, Mules
R: Button, Bradley, Allen
Int: Carger, Trembath, M. Snook, Proud, Edwards
In: Carger, Pitt, Edwards, Kennedy
Out: Hender (omitted), Lynch (Crows)

Central District
F: Henderson, Hardy, J. Gowans
HF: C. Gowans, Lawton, Schiller

C: O'Hara, Williams, Sansbury
HB: Templeton, Collier, Goodrem
B: Thomas, Sibenaler, Marschall
R: Hannath, Dutschke, Boyd
Int: Jenner, O'Brien, O'Sullivan, Reichert, Vater
In: J. Gowans, O'Sullivan, Reichert
Out: Symes
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

with todays weather & the forecast over the next couple of days, we might pinch it 8 goals to 6...............the Central team is getting stronger & stronger every week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 pm

The recent record between the two sides is all Centrals. In particular, the past 3 matches have seen Centrals win by 75 points, 92 points and 75 points. The last time the two sides met at Glenelg, Centrals won by 75 points despite having 2 players in hospital and 17 fit players on the field by half time.

Glenelg will want to respond to last week's pathetic effort at Norwood, while Centrals will want to continue to impose even more psychological harm on the Tigers. The weather will probably prevent this from being another whitewash, but Centrals should win by 35 points.

Interestingly of the four home games Glenelg have left this season, two of them are against Centrals.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm

the club sent the members a text apologizing & stating that there will be no car parking in the school this saturday as it is flooded & please make other arrangements etc etc
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 am

I would hope so. Massie was a very hard at it style of player and he would have been very disppointed by the apparent lack of effort last week. Today's a good chance for them to have the old-fashionedd "red hot go". I would think a repeat performance this week may have a few players re-thinking their future in the game.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm

well at least we saw a committed Glenelg who were still a chance 5 minutes into the last term but Centrals class was just too good, i think Centrals last 4 goals of the second term was the only real time that they dominated the game apart from that i thought it was pretty even around the ground & the main difference was the skill level going forward & while no excuse i wonder if we could've got a lot closer had we not been down to 20 men very early in the first term, i thought Davenport, Kirkby, Allen, Holmes & Rudolph were among our better players

bottom line happy with the effort but not happy with the result
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:35 pm

There was a strong breeze favouring the southern end of the ground, yet Glenelg blew their advantage in the first and third quarters. They kicked two goals in the first - and one of them was from an off the ball free kick in the opening seconds. Centrals, like last week, started out slowly and started working their way into the game - only bad kicking saw them behind at quarter time as they mustered 1.5 against the breeze (and that goal was after the quarter time siren).

With the breeze, Centrals ran riot in the second quarter, slamming home 9 goals to 3 to take a commanding 34 point lead in the second quarter. Justin Hardy was the star for Centrals kicking 6.2 in the first half (outscoring Glenelg who at half time had 5.4).

Centrals continued to play well in the third quarter, outscoring Glenelg for most of the third quarter until 2 late Glenelg goals saw the margin reduced to 26 points.

When Glenelg got the opening goal of the last quarter to bring the margin back to 20 points, it looked like this could be anyone's game. Centrals, though asserted their authority on the game as the quarter wore on, slamming home the last 4 goals of the game to run out 43 point winners.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down