Nathan Bassett

5 posters

Go down

Nathan Bassett Empty Nathan Bassett

Post by Lee Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 am

"They were lucky".

North are the first side to beat Norwood this year, in a gutsy effort that stamps them as a genuine finals contender.

Are Bassett's comments just straight talking, or is it arrogance that would have most Norwood supporters a little embarrassed?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Nathan Bassett Empty Re: Nathan Bassett

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:45 am

That's not the comment I'm concerned with from Bassett. He went on to say North were "lucky" because Norwood played the better footy. As I've already said in my match comments, that is absolute rubbish, and if Bass honestly thinks that, then we have no genuine hope of winning the flag.

Embarrassed? No, I'm used to it.
Surprised? Not in the least.
Annoyed? You bet I am.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

Too be honest I was quite surprised when I read this in the paper this morning. I nearly choked on my cereal !!

This could be used as motervation come finals time and could bite him back on the bum very quickly !!

Wrong comment to make IMO Sad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

Southee wrote:

This could be used as motivation come finals time and could bite him back on the bum very quickly !!

Wrong comment to make IMO Sad

agree 100%.....not that players would need it but too remind them in a final or even a grand final what was said would be a good tool to use.......i know that Tim Ginever made a comment to his charges (about Glenelg) saying 'hit them hard & they'll fall like a pack of cards'' was used as a motivation the next time or three they played, they were basically told that when it was their turn to put your head over the ball don't hesitate

Basset i thought was a smarter & more respectful man than the comments suggest
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm

I think that Bassett was upset that another coach devised a game plan to counter his and it worked very well - plain and simple - he was outcoached and didn't have an alternative. Players from both sides missed crucial shots at goal that could have sealed it one way or the other. I know that all North players were given specific individual instructions on paper on what their role was to be. They carried it out with a fierce attack on the ball and opponents with the ball and put them under pressure - not luck - good planning.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down