Tribunal Ratings after Round 13

5 posters

Go down

Tribunal Ratings after Round 13 Empty Tribunal Ratings after Round 13

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Not much between 3 and 6 this week, but here we go (and fire up with some disagreement, or we'll get too comfortable Tribunal Ratings after Round 13 3991484760

1 (1) Norwood - Sitting back comfortably, but wondering about life without McGuinness (and maybe Pfeiffer) (and maybe Phillips)……. you get the drift. Can’t be faulted so far, though, and they’ll back themselves to cover any losses.

2 (6) Central - OK, everyone, the yearly joke is over, normal transmission resumed. Second on this list already, you ask? Next game, Eagles on Wednesday, just getting in early.

3 (5) West - Sturt at Unley, a tick in the ‘W’ column, a week’s rest and their two losses don’t read as badly now as they did at the time. Still doubts about them, but they’re here for now.

4 (8 South - Big win, really big win for the Panthers. Add Wundke and a Liddle bit of Ainger, stir and you get a different team. Still walking a tightrope, but a good week for them.

5 (2) Glenelg - A hiccup, wasn’t it? A reality check, maybe? They’re still travelling OK, but it might start getting harder from here. AFL availability might become a factor, too.

6 (7) North - A bit unlucky to still be this low, but a smashing of the Eagles isn’t anything to write home about yet. Nonetheless, a great performance and they’re building up steam.

7 (3) Sturt - Out: Martin, Jaensch, Kerridge. Out: A lot of organization and ball-getting ability. Out: Cubillo still in the Reserves. In: wet conditions. In: A less than 30% conversion rate. In: A bit of doubt.

8 (4) Port - Surely not another season of being ultra-competitive but not getting the chocolates? They need Thurgood back and Wilson to show something. When and if that happens, they’ll be back.

9 (9) Eagles - Oh, dear…………….. Embarassed

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tribunal Ratings after Round 13 Empty Re: Tribunal Ratings after Round 13

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm

My major concern for Norwood will be the constant changing of ins & outs from AFL teams, and the possible unsettling effect it may have on team stability. Only time will tell if it is a problem.

There are so many teams in the competition I simply cannot work out. Still, it makes for interesting competition.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Maybe some people think there's more to talk about than Central.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 am

Millsy wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Maybe some people think there's more to talk about than Central.

maybe some people are still in denial about the dogs more like.

Denial about what?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Tribunal Ratings after Round 13 1344700888
Admin wrote:
1 (1) Norwood : Sitting back comfortably - NEVER, Wondering about life without McGuinness - DEFINITELY,
Can’t be faulted so far - IMPERFECTIONS ABOUND, Back themselves to cover any losses - NO CHOICE.
Let's just say: "So far, so good."
Cool
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:50 pm

1 Norwood: It’s going to happen soon, but the ‘Legs just keep on grinding out wins and the inevitable loss won’t matter too much. Premiership favourites right now.

2 West: Everyone keeps doubting them, but their form reads well and they look solid, not flash-in-the-pan. Finals are looking good, top-three more than a possibility.

3 North: A good win at the Bay, with Stewart in and Ryswyk dangerous. Sets them up for a finals spot already, if they continue this form, as it’s hard to see many challengers, apart from Sturt. Long way to go, though.

4 Sturt: Is it the usual Unley Oval hoodoo, or have the Blues rediscovered their mojo? They need to keep Brodie Martin, but they’re up this week, at least.

5 Central: Is that a wobbly wheel we see? Is there a distributor problem? Did we really read criticism of Roy Laird on Central’s Fan’s Forum? Will they beat West and be back to No 2 next week?

6 Glenelg: Any loss at home isn’t good and this one might prove costly.

7 South: We’re playing OK, our forwards are on fire, the midfield’s sweet. How come we can’t win?

8 Eagles: Big game, plenty of time to prepare, but we’re still sitting bottom and it’s hard to see us stringing enough wins together to challenge.

9 Port: Yep, our ressies should thump this mob easily enough.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, pretty fair calls there 'Admin'.

Like every team, Norwood have to watch out for complacency and injuries.

Fortunately we have pretty good depth at the club this year, but too many first rate players on the sidelines can destroy any club’s chances. Speaking of successful depth, I see West Adelaide as potentially our biggest threat so far. In League and Reserves they’re 2nd only to Norwood and at the moment lead the U18’s table. For this reason, as the year progresses and injuries take their toll, the Bloods may well find themselves better able to cover losses than many other clubs.

Bad luck can see any premiership favourites fall back to the pack very quickly, just as good players returning to teams languishing at the bottom of the ladder can suddenly see finals heading their way. Every game is a gamble for players to remain intact and history has shown how cruel fate can be. All any club can do is work hard for overall depth and hopefully become better able to cover substantial personnel losses if lady luck ‘flicks you the bird’ and injuries just keep coming.

Basically, anything can happen from this point on, but if club depth based on ladder positions from league to U18’s is worth considering, I can see Norwood and West remaining in the top 2 from now on. Especially if Westies defeat The Dogs this week, then it’s a fight between Central, Sturt, North and Glenelg for the 3 remaining finals positions. Sadly for South, Port and WWT, it looks like the end of 2012 unless the dice really start rolling their way ‘big time’.

Looking again at success in all the divisions, if I were an Eagles, Panthers, or even a Dogs fan, I’d be getting more than a little worried about the next few years too. Perhaps the cupboard is looking somewhat bare for a few clubs. Poor records in U16, U18 and Reserve grades always makes me nervous for my club. Maybe now’s the time for them to really get stuck into their junior development and recruiting before missing next year’s boat.
Very Happy
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down