Scrappy
Flag No.10
fatty
blueandwhite
Lee
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you see your team this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you see your team this year?

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:24 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
bayman wrote:
bayman wrote: I’m not convinced about Norwood albeit they are very well coached

After now seeing them live 3 times I doubt they’ll finish in the top 5 and I’d suggest they are a silly chance to go from glory to disaster in 12 months & get a trophy of a different kind

Its happened at least twice before in the SANFL, premiers to a next season wooden spoon
1934-1935 Bayman's team Glenelg
2015-2016 Lee's team West Adelaide

If it happens this year with the proud NW football club then I will buy Lee and Bayman bottle of coke
With 2 straws
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

How do you see your team this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you see your team this year?

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:04 am

bayman wrote:Chambo, I know they have some players like Callow & Panos out among a long injury list, right now they look too small up forward they are using little chippy short passes because of the lack of height & keep turning it over & back to the other end for a score, granted they started slowly last year but they aren’t close to being competitive at the moment…..I’m glad Binder got suspended, not because he’s any good because he’s not, he got 2 weeks for one I didn’t realize was him & deservedly so but I also saw two cheap punches to the abdominal area & one of the players was severely winded, also North won with Aaron Young going off fairly early in the match
I would argue even before Aaron Young's injury, North had as big an injury list as Norwood. Plus there was a fair bit of quality on the injury list including Cameron Craig, Sam Mayes, Andrew Moore, Jesse White and Nigel Lockyer
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:13 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:Chambo, I know they have some players like Callow & Panos out among a long injury list, right now they look too small up forward they are using little chippy short passes because of the lack of height & keep turning it over & back to the other end for a score, granted they started slowly last year but they aren’t close to being competitive at the moment…..I’m glad Binder got suspended, not because he’s any good because he’s not, he got 2 weeks for one I didn’t realize was him & deservedly so but I also saw two cheap punches to the abdominal area & one of the players was severely winded, also North won with Aaron Young going off fairly early in the match
I would argue even before Aaron Young's injury, North had as big an injury list as Norwood. Plus there was a fair bit of quality on the injury list including Cameron Craig, Sam Mayes, Andrew Moore, Jesse White and Nigel Lockyer

I don’t think the list is as long but irrespective of that, the huge difference is North have depth & Norwood lack depth
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:12 am

Scrappy wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
bayman wrote:

After now seeing them live 3 times I doubt they’ll finish in the top 5 and I’d suggest they are a silly chance to go from glory to disaster in 12 months & get a trophy of a different kind

Its happened at least twice before in the SANFL, premiers to a next season wooden spoon

If it happens this year with the proud NW football club then I will buy Lee and Bayman bottle of coke
With 2 straws

The Bays were bottom in 1933 -went top in 1934- and were bottom again in 1935,.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:22 am

bayman wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

I don’t think the list is as long but irrespective of that, the huge difference is North have depth & Norwood lack depth

According to the SANFL's list after Tuesday's game, North had 17 injured players and Norwood 15.
Of course some of North's injured players are Reserves players, but the same could be said for Norwood.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 pm

RR
Adelaide Reserves have 22+ mostly first choice players out every week and still manage to make finals...
Does go to show you can have 15+ players of first choice and others out and still win...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon May 01, 2023 7:19 pm

Scrappy wrote:RR
Adelaide Reserves have 22+ mostly first choice players out every week and still manage to make finals...
Does go to show you can have 15+ players of first choice and others out and still win...

That is perhaps the most ridiculous comment ever posted on this forum.
I looked at the SANFL site and the Crows had 2 players out.
North now have 20 players listed as injured and Norwood 13.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 01, 2023 10:14 pm

RR
The 22+ the crows have out each week are the 22 that play in the AFL team ... Razz  How do you see your team this year? - Page 2 1920501681   Wink
Dont forget at any time guys like Sloane, Rankine, Dawson etc etc can be selected into the SANFL
Has been done when Tex Walker and Edward Betts played the Reserves team in past years
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Tue May 02, 2023 7:23 pm

Scrappy wrote:RR
The 22+ the crows have out each week are the 22 that play in the AFL team ... Razz  How do you see your team this year? - Page 2 1920501681   Wink
Dont forget at any time guys like Sloane, Rankine, Dawson etc etc can be selected into the SANFL
Has been done when Tex Walker and Edward Betts played the Reserves team in past years
Not even worth arguing with you.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 am

RR
FWIW
RocketScrappygate
Nothing wrong with your posts
I was stirring
I should have included a smiley on my first reply
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 09, 2023 11:39 am

Rough ranking after 5 rounds, IMO.

1 Sturt - surely a bit surprising, even to them, but no denying they're playing great footy.

2 Adelaide - their best is probably better than the rest, and their depth is prettry good.

3 Glenelg - slow start, but revving up nicely now.

4 North - another slow start, thumped by Adelaide, but a few to come back.

5 Central - just playing solid footy and big improvers.

6 Port - very slow start, but starting to string a couple of wins together.

7 South- really disappointing so far, alarm bells not far off.

8 Eagles - great Round 1 win now looking not so impressive, need to improve.

9 West - good win over South, finishing games off well when it's all over.

10 Norwood - what's going on?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 09, 2023 5:22 pm

4 Premiership chances Lee
AC/GL/NA/ST
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 09, 2023 7:25 pm

Scrappy wrote:4 Premiership chances Lee
AC/GL/NA/ST

Spot on & id suggest Central to make up the top 5
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Scrappy wrote:
bayman wrote:

If it happens this year with the magnificent prestigious proud NW football club I will buy Lee and Bayman bottle of diet coke
With 2 straws

Rolling Eyes This is why Im considered a great judge of football teams Rolling Eyes

Glad NW won on the weekend
Does anyone know when Diet Cokes and straws are on special
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2