Scrappy
Flag No.10
fatty
blueandwhite
Lee
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you see your team this year? Empty How do you see your team this year?

Post by Lee Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:48 pm

Up or down and why?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

How do you see your team this year? Empty Re: How do you see your team this year?

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Lee wrote:Up or down and why?

Definitely very Bullish about our prospects this year.
ravaged by injury last year , - virtually having to replace our entire midfield and top goal-kicker by mid season.
Narrowly missed finals after losing 4 games by less than 6 points.

All players are apparently well in front fitness wise than at the corresponding time last year.
We have recruited well- adding plenty of midfield depth and a tall forward who has big wraps..

imo anything less than top 3 is a fail. Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

How do you see your team this year? Empty Re: How do you see your team this year?

Post by fatty Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:02 pm

top 3 full stop
fatty
fatty

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:02 am

Anything better than bottom 1 would be a welcome surprise.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:27 pm

WA the last team to beat NW in the Minor round of 2022

2023 Bookies betting
NW are the $3-50 in early markets
WA are the roughest odds at $51
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:44 am

Eagles should be better than last season and I would expect a final five finish.

Woodville Oval was an absolute slog after the heavy rainfall last year. I don't think that helped. By the last half of the season they looked stuffed.

Eagles also lost two players in Hayes and Tsitas late who they would regularly turn to to determine the outcome of a game when it was on the line. They have now had an opportunity to develop and recruit to fill this void.

A new captain in Joe Sinor and some classy opportunists in Rowe and Williams back in the fold, should boost the side both in the midfield and up forward.

The Eagles will miss Redden - especially the mids who he'd more often than not feed the ball down their throat. The ruck now is an unknown. It would be hoped that Ballenden will spend more time forward than in ruck.

They'll also need more avenues to goal than D.Menzel, which should be helped by the additions of Rowe and Williams. A competitor in the air will be crucial too and it will be interesting to see if any of the young talls coming through the juniors and reserves will get and take an opportunity to play that Key Forward role. Weckert and Welsh are young and look destined for the AFL - can they step up this year? Cooke and Lukac should be ready to step up now, being a few years older.

There looks to be a few new recruits both from AFL (Collier-Dawkins) and country footy (Beattie) who should make an impact and the likes of Litster, Pearce, Buck and Studham have had a taste of league footy and would be expected to improve the side as well.

It is a nice time of year, when all supporters optimism and expectation is reset and we're all back in with a chance!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:36 am

The Bluebaggers have recruited a number of youngsters from around the country. And with one or two of last year's crop putting injuries behind them, it could be a fairly new look side. A full season from Paddy Wilson would help in that respect.

Trial form was good, but then trials are trials.

The first few rounds will see what these new guys bring and how they mix it together.

I am not really sure what that will translate to yet.
I'd expect a finals contention, but whether top 3 worthy, we will have to wait and see.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:00 pm

the afl clubs are unkowns but north, norwood, glenelg, souf and eagles would all be thinking top 3 i rkn, 5 into 3 doesnt go so it will be very interesting
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:11 pm

I think North, Glenelg and South the main three, I’m not convinced about Norwood albeit they are very well coached & if Adelaide stay injury free they will definitely be in the top three at the expense of Glenelg or South….sadly I think the safest prediction to make is West to get the wooden spoon……the “sanfl takeover“ several years ago have sent them backwards two decades at least
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Unfortunately agree about the Bloods, bayman.

The SANFL of that time have a lot to answer for, IMO.

Not much change this year, I'd guess.

North and Glenelg to be strong, Norwood will.still be up there, Adelaide will be for most of the season.

South should improve and challenge and Sturt will be around the mark.

Who knows about Port.

Eagles don't impress me so far, while I think Central will improve.

I hope Westies can win 2 or 3 or 4.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:01 pm

I can't remember ever going into a new season without any hope for Westies at all, but that's how it feels today. There was a time when I'd get a bit toey in the lead up to a game, hoping we wouldn't drop a game we were expected to win, or hoping we could prove ourselves a match for anyone. There are no nerves any more.
I don't think we'll get within 10 goals of North on saturday, and right now it's hard to see us winning a game at all.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:21 pm

I agree with last two posters regarding Westies. I can’t see us winning a game. Our Key Position Stocks are very poor
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:26 am

Lee wrote:Unfortunately agree about the Bloods, bayman.

The SANFL of that time have a  lot to answer for, IMO.

North and Glenelg to be strong, Norwood will.still be up there, Adelaide will be for most of the season.

Who knows about Port.

Eagles don't impress me so far.

"So the Eagles don't impress"

Only had Knight, D. Menzel, Toumpas, Collier-Dawkins, Lehmann, Brinker-Ritchie, Cameron, Studham and T. Menzel missing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:18 am

Who knows about Port.

Lee this is not a reply to attack
I was at Richmond oval watched the Eagles v west trial yes I was well enough to go . I was totally unimpressed with that league game . Eagles seconds showed me something .
Last nights game with no Toumpas no knight no Menzel I thought ok here we go again !
I was surprised Sheedy has changed the game plan and style which Norwood got to feel .
New captain Sinor played well
Hardie BOG
Luca if I’ve spelt the young man’s correctly he played fantastic against last years number 1 ruck . Williams back big bonus also many youngsters stood up
I’ve learnt over many years not to go by trial game form but last nights league game was nothing like that trial against west

Hopefully this year I’ll get to more games but going back for another operation in May so I’ll be watching more on that AFL app

And hopefully the Eagles will fly into the finals this year
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:37 pm

Feathers wrote:

Who knows about Port.

Eagles don't impress me so far.

"So the Eagles don't impress"

Only had Knight, D. Menzel, Toumpas, Collier-Dawkins, Lehmann, Brinker-Ritchie, Cameron, Studham and T. Menzel missing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!

C’mon feathers this is what is a low blow snipe with no credibility as the initial post by Lee was posted before any league game for points was played & your post was AFTER a game for points was played, on Friday night the undermanned Eagles were outstanding but one game whether it’s a great or ordinary performance doesn’t mean anything regarding the whole season….hell I remember a game Glenelg played in the 1990’s might be ‘94 as a guess without looking it up but we smashed the now defunct Port by around 16 goals & that meant nothing by seasons end….plus the old adage of he who laughs Last laughs loudest
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:29 pm

Sought of take your point "bayman" but Lee posted well after the three trial match games where Eagles only lost to North by a few goals (North one of the premiership favourites), beat West, although not impressively and killed last seasons premiers Norwood. I realise trial games are not the same as the matches for points but someway along the trial match period I'm sure every coach would like to see some sought of progression. The Eagles regained and recruited a few good players and Sheedy is a very astute coach, to write them off very early is in my opinion a bumbled snipe.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:56 pm

It's all fair enough. The Eagles didn't impress in the trial I saw, but I was way off, given their terrific win.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm

I see my team through new glasses
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:07 pm

whybother wrote:I see my team through new glasses

As do i . They are not playing like they did last year why bother . I saw this start with the seconds against west . And watching round 1 against Norwood the league team took it to another level .
Now hopefully they continue like this .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:19 pm

bayman wrote: I’m not convinced about Norwood albeit they are very well coached

After now seeing them live 3 times I doubt they’ll finish in the top 5 and I’d suggest they are a silly chance to go from glory to disaster in 12 months & get a trophy of a different kind
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:27 am

What has been the big swing Bayman?
Their percentage is woeful. I think they have been thumped all 3 times now.

Sturt's current position looks not so impressive now given 2 of the 3 teams they have beaten are 9th and 10th. A big test this week against an improved Dogs.

If current ladder continues, if and when SA's 2 most successful clubs in Port and Norwood 9th and 10th at season end?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:10 am

We could all hope so. But Eagles look very wobbly again this year, so maybe a challenger there.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:49 pm

Chambo, I know they have some players like Callow & Panos out among a long injury list, right now they look too small up forward they are using little chippy short passes because of the lack of height & keep turning it over & back to the other end for a score, granted they started slowly last year but they aren’t close to being competitive at the moment…..I’m glad Binder got suspended, not because he’s any good because he’s not, he got 2 weeks for one I didn’t realize was him & deservedly so but I also saw two cheap punches to the abdominal area & one of the players was severely winded, also North won with Aaron Young going off fairly early in the match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

bayman wrote:

After now seeing them live 3 times I doubt they’ll finish in the top 5 and I’d suggest they are a silly chance to go from glory to disaster in 12 months & get a trophy of a different kind

Its happened at least twice before in the SANFL, premiers to a next season wooden spoon
1934-1935 Bayman's team Glenelg
2015-2016 Lee's team West Adelaide

If it happens this year with the magnificent prestigious proud NW football club I will buy Lee and Bayman bottle of diet coke
With 2 straws
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

Scrappy wrote:
bayman wrote:

Its happened at least twice before in the SANFL, premiers to a next season wooden spoon
1934-1935 Bayman's team Glenelg
2015-2016 Lee's team West Adelaide

If it happens this year with the magnificent superb prestigious proud NW football club then I will buy Lee and Bayman bottle of coke
With 2 straws
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next