Lee
Feathers
Scrappy
21 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Eagles all things 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Eagles all things 2021

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 pm

And by the way, the SANFL have no interest in pursuing salary cap breaches. They effectively don't want to know about it.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Norwood haven't signed 9 of them. Yet.
When's Dustin Martin arriving?

Funny man we can go round in circles if you need answers tell the SANFL you think the Eagles are not under the cap .

I’m just a fan this is why I no longer post new signings on this forum but have on two other forums and two Facebook pages
Facebook people like you I can block no arguments if I wanted to
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Don't like people having different opinions then?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Don't like people having different opinions then?

Totally wrong I’m tired of certain clubs fans on this page screaming salary cap cheats .
Perhaps if the club you follow had a plan to cover being destroyed by the draft after the 2015 flag win your team would be in better shape .
Haven’t seen the Eagles recruit any west players and seeing they’ve recruited some Centrals players don’t see those fans going on like you are

But hey you want to rattle your Sabre and feel better go for it .
A lot less posts on this forum by other people over your comments
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Mickyj

My opinion still stands regarding the Eagles and the salary cap and you posting otherwise doesn’t change what I think.
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Lachlan2 wrote:Mickyj

My opinion still stands regarding the Eagles and the salary cap and you posting otherwise doesn’t change what I think.

Fair enough
As I said to Flag 10 report it to the SANFL they are the ones to answer your question not an Eagles fan
Go ahead report them
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:58 pm

As I said before my time of posting player signings at the eagles is over . My time posting team lists for games is over .
You guys win your better than me enjoy your footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:33 pm

mickyj wrote:

Surely one of the elements of footy sites is a bit of 'back and forth' over the issues of the day, as it is with any discussion site on any topic. If Eagles posters aren't posting as much recently I'd suspect that's because they are finding it hard to explain how their club can recruit this heavily and stay under the cap.

Posters like me have questioned how it's possible but no one has put up a plausible explanation for how a Premiership team that has lost, so far, 2 paid players (Hayes and Foote....Lowson presumably, like everyone else, wasn't paid this year) can fit 10 new, good-to-high quality players (9 recruits plus Tsitas who, presumably, also wasn't paid this year) into the reduced salary cap. I'd be wondering how they fitted them in under the full salary cap, let alone the reduced one. And to expect that no one should question this, or to say that it's sour grapes if we do, is ludicrous.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Total amount of views for each SANFL team
AC 62
NA 117
ST 166
CD 273
PA 332
SA 595
WA 612
GL 753
NW 917
WT 3525

Whats the difference between unlawful and illegal ?
Unlawful is against the law
Illegal is a sick Woodville West Torrens footballer ...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:01 am

Scrappy, the way your very very lateral thinking mind works never ceases to amaze me.

I think if you look up the word "pun" in the Oxford Dictionary, there would be a picture of yourself against it.

Laughing
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:08 am

Lonergan re- signs with Eagles..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:49 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Surely one of the elements of footy sites is a bit of 'back and forth' over the issues of the day, as it is with any discussion site on any topic. If Eagles posters aren't posting as much recently I'd suspect that's because they are finding it hard to explain how their club can recruit this heavily and stay under the cap.

Posters like me have questioned how it's possible but no one has put up a plausible explanation for how a Premiership team that has lost, so far, 2 paid players (Hayes and Foote....Lowson presumably, like everyone else, wasn't paid this year) can fit 10 new, good-to-high quality players (9 recruits plus Tsitas who, presumably, also wasn't paid this year) into the reduced salary cap. I'd be wondering  how they fitted them in under the full salary cap, let alone the reduced one. And to expect that no one should question this, or to say that it's sour grapes if we do, is ludicrous.

How bloody ignorant can YOU get. The posters on this forum are generally run of the mill supporters who would have no idea of how the Eagles are working their salary cap for 2021, just as you don't know how they are managing it. You don't expect the CEO, Coach or board members to come on and explain how they are managing the salary cap. It's just repetitively boring the way you go on and on about it. Why don't you get in touch with the WWTFC and ask them how they are doing it, and you can come back and let us all know. As it has been said many times before the SANFL will be monitoring it.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:50 pm

There are posters on here who have a far more detailed knowledge of the salary cap and player contracts than you, feathers, so i suggest you don't label others as ignorant.

And perhaps park the anger and enjoy reasonable
discussion of a valid topic
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Lee wrote:There are posters on here who have a far more detailed knowledge of the salary cap and player contracts than you, feathers, so i suggest you don't label others as ignorant.

No offence meant here but if the posters know the details of the salary cap . Do they know every club excluding the AFL teams . Or do they say know west Adelaides salary cap
It’s been posted on other forums not this one that the cap is $210’000
Are you or the other posters confirming that the Eagles are over this ?
I’m confused by you saying this because reports not on this forum obviously that Centrals were paying the Menzel brothers more money than they will be getting at Woodville .

But hey I’m just a dummy as your posters have highlighted
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Scrappy wrote:Total amount of views for each SANFL team
AC 62
NA 117
ST 166
CD 273
PA 332
SA 595
WA 612
GL 753
NW 917
WT 3525

Whats the difference between unlawful and illegal ?
Unlawful is against the law
Illegal is a sick Woodville West Torrens footballer ...

I'm posting this with no malice but just an observation that it is a pity that the amount of interest generated by the Eagles doesn't equate to ''bums on seats'' on game day because then the sanfl would be healthier as would the entire competition
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Lee wrote:There are posters on here who have a far more detailed knowledge of the salary cap and player contracts than you, feathers, so i suggest you don't label others as ignorant.

Absolute bullshit, they would NOT know the Specifics of each players contract hence they would not be able to piece together an accurate total to compare to the salary cap limit. And what are your qualifications in this area, to be so high and mighty about.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Feathers wrote:

Absolute bullshit, they would NOT know the Specifics of each players contract hence they would not be able to piece together an accurate total to compare to the salary cap limit. And what are your qualifications in this area, to be so high and mighty about.

feathers, without going into details, i can tell you that Lee would have more knowledge of the runnings' of a football club (in the sanfl) than the rest of us combined
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Feathers wrote:
How bloody ignorant can YOU get. The posters on this forum are generally run of the mill supporters who would have no idea of how the Eagles are working their salary cap for 2021, just as you don't know how they are managing it. You don't expect the CEO, Coach or board members to come on and explain how they are managing the salary cap. It's just repetitively boring the way you go on and on about it. Why don't you get in touch with the WWTFC and ask them how they are doing it, and you can come back and let us all know. As it has been said many times before the SANFL will be monitoring it.

My position is I can't see how all this is possible. Neither you nor anyone else has been able to say how it might be, but somehow it's offensive to express these doubts.
Do you seriously expect other fans not to blink an eye at the recruitment of half a side?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:32 pm

bayman wrote:
Feathers wrote:

feathers, without going into details, i can tell you that Lee would have more knowledge of the runnings' of a football club (in the sanfl) than the rest of us combined

It's well known he is a former West Aelaide President.

Lee is a numbers man, so would know his stuff.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:31 pm

But... he doesn’t know the details of the Eagles players contracts. So, without that, doesn’t matter if he’s an ex President or leader of the Cheer Squad.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 am

21 players for 18 games, divided into $210,000 salary cap, is an average of a mere $555 per player per game.
In total.

That is assuming no base payment per player.

A good delisted player would nornally get a minimum  base payment of at least $20,000.  Other decent list players would all get base payments ranging from minimal to $15,000 or so, perhaps averaging half that.

There are other mitigating factors this year, including Jobkeeper, development hours and list players willingly accepting much less than normal.

However, unless there us lucrative, genuine employment outside the club, I think posters are entitled to query the situation as a point of discussion.

You're correct that I kniw no more about Eagles' contracts than anyone else. I also know that they know the rules and will work within them. I also won't hold my breath waiting for the SANFL to investigate.

The aggression of some of the replies is out of proportion.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:50 am

Lee wrote:21 players for 18 games, divided into $210,000 salary cap, is an average of a mere $555 per player per game.
In total.

A good delisted player would nornally get a minimum  base payment of at least $20,000.  Other decent list players would all get base payments ranging from minimal to $15,000 or so, perhaps averaging half that.

There are other mitigating factors this year, including Jobkeeper, development hours and list players willingly accepting much less than normal.

However, unless there us lucrative, genuine employment outside the club, I think posters are entitled to query the situation as a point of discussion.

You're correct that I kniw no more about Eagles' contracts than anyone else. I also know that they know the rules and will work within them. I also won't hold my breath waiting for the SANFL to investigate.

Very good summary Lee. Dont we have 22 player match day rosters now so that figure per match will be lower.
I agree with you on some of the aggression from our supporters. A bit of discretion from some of our supporters in their defensive comments would be appreciated. They are not presenting a good image in some comments on our club. Our club knows what it is doing. Leave it to our administrators to handle all the details.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:24 am

goddy11 wrote:
Lee wrote:21 players for 18 games, divided into $210,000 salary cap, is an average of a mere $555 per player per game.
In total.

Very good summary Lee. Dont we have 22 player match day rosters now so that figure per match will be lower.
I agree with you on some of the aggression from our supporters. A bit of discretion from some of our supporters in their defensive comments would be appreciated. They are not presenting a good image in some comments on our club. Our club knows what it is doing. Leave it to our administrators to handle all the details.

Look I understand people saying over the cap
But Lee some non Eagles posters are going on and on about the cap
If both parties that’s Eagles fans and non eagles fans like on this forum mostly West fans would calm down it would be better
If you don’t understand what I’m saying
1stop claiming in every post they are cheating
2 everyone stop defending the eagles or tearing into the eagles

Now me I am sorry since my injury I can’t tell sarcasm from hate or a joke but that’s me that’s the best I’ll ever be the best our public health system could get me .
Hence I will no longer post new players players re- signing and when the season starts no team line up . Sorry but the aggressive comments get to me and I try very hard to stay positive and not get upset or aggressive or stressed .

So I will post from time to time but everything else not my concern
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:32 am

There are no sour grapes involved.

West supporters should be realistic enough to know we're at the start of a rebuild which will take more than a year, so no expectations of success in 2021 from me, so where the Eagles finish isb't a big deal.

It's a discussion.

PS: thank you, goddy11and I agree about the 22.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 am

Lee wrote:There are no sour grapes involved.

West supporters should be realistic enough to know we're at the start of a rebuild which will take more than a year, so no expectations of success in 2021 from me, so where the Eagles finish isb't a big deal.

It's a discussion.

PS: thank you, goddy11and I agree about the 22.

I think 🤔 perhaps your wrong but never mind
As I’ve stated you’ve lost me from posting any eagles information on this forum .
Already two other clubs fans have posted two out of three signings I’m sure you can carry on with out me doing it .
Best way for me to carry on with out stress posting eagles information on this forum causes so many heated flare ups that you don’t see
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next