Adelaide Hawk
Flag No.10
C.K
Thiele
Lee
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tribunal Results and Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribunal Results and Discussions

Post by bloodsasia Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Hardy Not Guilty - surprise, surprise.
bloodsasia
bloodsasia

Teams : Collingwood
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Tribunal Results and Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribunal Results and Discussions

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm sure most clubs have quality Legal teams but the Dogs are represented by one of their Directors Steve Clark. He is very good at what he does and that record you mentioned is proof of this.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm

I guess the question you need to ask is what exactly is rough play? What does it mean? It seems to me that a player reported for rough play hasn't been guilty of punching, kicking, tripping, or any of the other misdemeanours that necessitate reporting. So why are they reported at all? It's no surprise to me that a report for rough play can be overturned at the tribunal.

The one that interests me is the 1 match suspension for Rowntree. Technically, the report was there, Willits WAS bending forward, and Rowntree DID make contact above his shoulders. However, Willits just stood there whilst Rowntree bounced off him. He seemed just as surprised by the contact as Willits.

After seeing Eagleton get sent off in 2011 for two of the softest reports imaginable, I just wonder where we're at with reportable incidents, and does the whole system need a review?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 pm

It's also relevant that appeals are usually made when the club concerned thinks they have a good case.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 pm

redandblack wrote:It's also relevant that appeals are usually made when the club concerned thinks they have a good case.

Exactly - very good point
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodsasia Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:36 am

Big Phil wrote:I'm sure most clubs have quality Legal teams but the Dogs are represented by one of their Directors Steve Clark. He is very good at what he does and that record you mentioned is proof of this.

Absolutely Phil, very good at putting a case together, I wasn't implying anything more than that Rolling Eyes .

Would rather see Hardy out on the ground this week anyway, hopefully the Bloods can knock them off with as few excuses as possible.

It does seem though that the tribunal panel is going against the aims of the SANFL and match review panel to crack down on incidents, has been a bit of a trend since the points system was introduced. It is almost like the tribunal is saying "Do what you like with set penalties, we will still hold the final say and if we dont agree with the points outcome we will just find them not guilty". Under the old system more players would have been found guilty but just given more lenient sentences.

I like the old system - this is not a dirty comp and doesn't need the AFL obsession with suspending the players we love to watch play.

Just let the players play hard, tough, footy!!
bloodsasia
bloodsasia

Teams : Collingwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 am

bloodsasia wrote:
Big Phil wrote:I'm sure most clubs have quality Legal teams but the Dogs are represented by one of their Directors Steve Clark. He is very good at what he does and that record you mentioned is proof of this.

Absolutely Phil, very good at putting a case together, I wasn't implying anything more than that Rolling Eyes

And I wasn't implying anything other than the fact that Steve Clark is good at what he does for Central, so not sure what the rolled eyes are for, mate?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Reported by the NAFC:

James Bennett has accepted a reprimand from the Incident Review Panel for a striking charge. Brett Backwell has accepted a two match penalty from the Incident Review Panel for a striking charge
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Craig Parry has been offered 4 weeks by the SANFL tribunal for elbowing Sam Mayes in the side of the head...

The Eagles are going to go to the tribunal tomorrow night and challenge this decision...

Incident can be seen at about the 22:50 mark of 'The Recovery Session', link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO2oYPr_R6I&feature=player_embedded
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Parry's got no chance of defending that one.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I think the length of the suspension offered probably has a bit to do with Craig's prior record as well. If the 4 game suspension sticks and the Eagles don't end up making the finals, yesterday could actually be the last game he plays for the Eagles?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Agreed, especially with his record.

That's as blatant as anything I've seen for a long time.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Jeremy Clayton pleaded guilty to umpire abuse and has had his punishment reduced from a 1 match suspension to a reprimand. Is free to play against the Eagles on Saturday...

Craig Parry up next...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 pm

If the Eagles don't make the finals now, that is a very good chance he wont be seen in the SANFL again.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Not sure that the talk has been Parry wants to retire from playing football, waddyamean, more that he may be returning home to Perth.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 pm

I have heard he is considering moving back home. Parry works for Kings Transport, who supply my work with trucks and drivers, and some of the drivers I've spoke to who are into footy have said that they've heard Craig is thinking of going home.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Central's James Boyd suspended for 2 weeks for striking Matty Jaensch...

Eagles' Chris Kane suspended for 4 weeks for charging James Gallagher...

Norwood's Luke Jericho reprimanded for tweeting about Chris Kane...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 pm

So the message from the tribunal to the players is, keep your fists to yourself, keep your elbows to yourself, and keep your thoughts to yourself.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm not trying to stir here, I raise this as a serious question. Is the SANFL skating on thin ice (legally), trying to censor what players post on social media sites? I hasten to add that I have no idea what the player concerned said. If it was defamatory, that's a matter between the individuals involved. Otherwise it's surely free speech. Either way I can't see what role the SANFL has in it. Words and actions on the field, are clearly within their jurisdiction. But outside in the real world is another matter, even if it does result from onfield events.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 pm

In part, I agree with you, but the fact that Jericho is a public figure who 'represents' the SANFL, they want and need to keep a clean image and send messages about socially acceptable behaviour.

Hiding behind a phone or a computer screen I have always believed 100% to be a deeply cowardly act, no question. If you got something to say, man up and say it to their face and then be done with it.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 am

The concept of "free speech" is an interesting one, and a contradiction unto itself. We use the term free speech, but who is truly allowed to say exactly what is on their minds at all times? Free speech does not mean you can say what you like.

People using the social networks have been testing the bounds of what is acceptable for years, as we have recently seen in the disgraceful Buddy Franklin accusations. We've seen AFL chief Demetriou warn of legal action in future for similar occurances.

Using Twitter and Facebook to slander people has been commonplace for way too long, and must be tempered. I understand the AFL have clauses in player contracts governing such behaviour, I was unaware the SANFL did similar.

In the meantime, we continue to live in a world where people can commit crimes of various means, and yet the greatest crime is committed by anyone who dares say anything about it. Strange, really.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 am

Great post, AH, and I agree with you except for your conclusion.

Kane got 4 weeks for the 'greatest' crime, Jericho got a reprimand.

I don't think his 'crime' was anything particularly bad, but if players are allowed to tell thousands of others that another named player is a (dirty) hack and not be reprimanded for it, then we can look forward to dozens of other players doing the same.

It would be entertaining, but I'm not sure it's in the best interests of the competition.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next