Rankings

Post new topic   

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am

I cannot see Norwood replacing the Bays in the finals.
They need to find their mojo fast if they are going to topple North and match with the Eagles.

It almost seems to me the flag is the Eagles to lose. Their best will beat everybody.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 3053
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by spell_check on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm

As what happened in 2015, injuries will have a say. 5 forced changes this week.
spell_check
spell_check

Join date : 2012-02-17
Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Flag No.10 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:55 pm

I suspect some of them would have played this week if it was a final or an important minor round game.
avatar
Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2181
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by spell_check on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:30 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:I suspect some of them would have played this week if it was a final or an important minor round game.

I hope so, but I also think you can't carry 80-90% fit players into finals, I have a suspicion that also contributed to 2016.
spell_check
spell_check

Join date : 2012-02-17
Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Lee on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 am

After latest Round.

Eagles - was the team to beat, have added Tsitas and Lowson. Odds on for the flag.

North - never bothered in a routine win. Good side, maybe not quite good enough?

South - suing with confidence and energy with lots of good young players.

Glenelg - just hanging in and need to rediscover the spark.

Central - steady improvement most weeks, playing some good footy.

Sturt - 6th on here, 6th on the ladder, they're a 6th team.

Norwood - talented, expensive list playing without heart or a good game plan.

West - too many not up to League standard yet. A low ebb.



Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7267
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Brucetiki on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:31 pm

It's been pleasing to see the improvement from Centrals since the Sturt debacle, as Jeff Andrews game plan comes together.

Despite the loss last night, they played incredibly well last night. A couple of poor decisions in front of goal late in the game proving costly, so ultimately one that got away against a Glenelg side that's starting to falter at the wrong time of the year.

It's clear the players have bought into it, and with the Reserves in blistering form, the future looks quite bright at Centrals for the first time in quite some time.

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
Brucetiki
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2900
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Lee wrote:After latest Round.

Eagles - was the team to beat, have added Tsitas and Lowson. Odds on for the flag.

North - never bothered in a routine win. Good side, maybe not quite good enough?

South - suing with confidence and energy with lots of good young players.

Glenelg - just hanging in and need to rediscover the spark.

Central - steady improvement most weeks, playing some good footy.

Sturt - 6th on here, 6th on the ladder, they're a 6th team.

Norwood - talented, expensive list playing without heart or a good game plan.

West - too many not up to League standard yet. A low ebb.



looking forward to seeing what South can bring to the table in the next few weeks.
Playing some exciting footy, with a great group of kids ...10 players under 21 years in the side, but also some seasoned players like Hunter Broadbent and Joel Cross. Boofa has us playing an attractive brand of footy!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 716
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Scrappy on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Bookies odds flag

1-50 Woodville West Torrens
3-75 North Adelaide
6-00 South Adelaide
10-00 Glenelg
Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3789

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by bayman on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Eagles & Glenelg are too short, both should be longer, while the other two should be shorter
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7432
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles & Glenelg are too short, both should be longer, while the other two should be shorter

South are good value at $6.00
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 716
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by bayman on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:Eagles & Glenelg are too short, both should be longer, while the other two should be shorter

South are good value at $6.00

Yes & no, I’d suggest if you went allup week by week you’d end up with better than $6.00

I think North have the best list & I think the Eagles & South are the best two teams I’ve seen this year, I was convinced South was the real deal after their loss at Norwood, so many out & they should have won that one & they match up well against the Eagles, I’m also looking forward to Sundays’ match
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7432
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Scrappy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm

FLAG ODDS
WT 1-80
NA 4-25
SA 4-50
GL 10-00

WT
should beat the depleted roosters this week and be in the grand final
$1-80 seems right with form and the double chance

NA
keep finding ways to win this season under adversity, night be underdone with several players to return
$4-25 stating the obvious fantastic odds if they win this week

SA
are good enough to win a flag but are very very poor value at $4-50
Paul Hunter is a very important player , the panthers are dangerous if he fires
$4-50 good team bad value

GL
play a finals brand of football , but not as good as last season
capable as have players who have winning finals experience
$10 might be worth a nibble
Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3789

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Lee on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 am

Final rankings:

Eagles - hot favourites, won't be affected by past GRand Final performances.

South - Just a confident and enthusiastic group with a lot of emerging talent.

Glenelg - Hanging in. Just.

North - You just get the feeling that they're good, but not quite good enough.

Sturt - Thereabouts, but very middle of the road

Central - Rapidly improving group, what's going on then?

West - Found something against Norwood to give hope ahead.


Norwood - Look like a side who don't want to be there. Expensive list playing poor football with a game plan that can't succeed. What's going on?
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7267
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Brucetiki on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 pm

An Eagles v South Grand Final would be a very interesting, and entertaining match up.

It'll also be nice to celebrate two of the smaller clubs on the big stage.

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
Brucetiki
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2900
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Brucetiki wrote:An Eagles v South Grand Final would be a very interesting, and entertaining match up.

It'll also be nice to celebrate two of the smaller clubs on the big stage.

Also the leagues oldest continuous club and the youngest!!!!!!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 716
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by goddy11 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:32 am

Scrappy wrote:FLAG ODDS
WT 1-80
NA 4-25
SA 4-50
GL 10-00

WT
should beat the depleted roosters this week and be in the grand final
$1-80 seems right with form and the double chance

NA
keep finding ways to win this season under adversity, night be underdone with several players to return
$4-25 stating the obvious fantastic odds if they win this week

SA
are good enough to win a flag but are very very poor value at $4-50
Paul Hunter is a very important player , the panthers are dangerous if he fires
$4-50 good team bad value

GL
play a finals brand of football , but not as good as last season
capable as have players who have winning finals experience
$10 might be worth a nibble

The people doing the odds. I wonder if they are local. We have a shorter finals series and therefore a team coming from 4th does not need a massive run in the finals to win. 10-1 seems value. Even NA and SA odds are value.
goddy11
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 322
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by bayman on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:34 am

Ladbrokes sanfl premiership market

North 4/5
Eagles 2/1
South 7/2

South win a final & haven’t shortened, the odds now are very tempting, especially since I think they’ll beat WWT in the Preliminary Final, I’m pretty sure North while they won’t admit it publicly would rather meet WWT than South in the grand final
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7432
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:44 am

bayman wrote:Ladbrokes sanfl premiership market

North 4/5
Eagles 2/1
South 7/2

South win a final & haven’t shortened, the odds now are very tempting, especially since I think they’ll beat WWT in the Preliminary Final, I’m pretty sure North while they won’t admit it publicly would rather meet WWT than South in the grand final

Very tempting indeed...
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 716
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Scrappy on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 pm

They were $4-50 last week a SA premiership and after beating GL are the same odds Rolling Eyes
Bayman was spot on when he posted you will get better odds backing SA individually all up in the 3 finals

$4-50 last week was unders
$4-50 this week is now a decent bet

And yes Blue and White you were right about $6 being value in a recent post Wink

Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3789

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Country Cock ! on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm

Go u Cockaleechieees Rankings - Page 3 2678737410
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Join date : 2012-02-04
Posts : 142
Location : Moonta Mines
Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Feathers on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:13 am

bayman wrote:Ladbrokes sanfl premiership market

North 4/5
Eagles 2/1
South 7/2

South win a final & haven’t shortened, the odds now are very tempting, especially since I think they’ll beat WWT in the Preliminary Final, I’m pretty sure North while they won’t admit it publicly would rather meet WWT than South in the grand final

Ooooooo, just a little out with the SA prediction.

But appreciate your thoughts.
Feathers
Feathers

Join date : 2016-03-09
Posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by mickyj on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:22 am

Eagles eagles eagles eagles

Now a little more honestly here I think both Eagles and North would be happy South are not playing either team in the grand final. I lived through Centrals beating the Eagles to win their first flag . Not sure I wanna be the team that south beat to win their first flag since 1964
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2349
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 am

mickyj wrote:Eagles eagles eagles eagles

Now a little more honestly here I think both Eagles and North would be happy South are not playing either team in the grand final. I lived through Centrals beating the Eagles to win their first flag . Not sure I wanna be the team that south beat to win their first flag since 1964

That couldn’t happen this year after the second semi final

Feathers, the Eagles out bullied & outworked South & obviously dominated after the first break
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7432
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:08 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:Eagles eagles eagles eagles

Now a little more honestly here I think both Eagles and North would be happy South are not playing either team in the grand final. I lived through Centrals beating the Eagles to win their first flag . Not sure I wanna be the team that south beat to win their first flag since 1964

That couldn’t happen this year after the second semi final

Feathers, the Eagles out bullied & outworked South & obviously dominated after the first break

No idea why you couldn’t quote feathers

And you missed my point no matter who was in the GF neither would wish to face a team that hasn’t won a flag this century
And I know it’s mute now
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2349
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 pm

I must’ve miss read what you meant, apologies for that....as for answering feathers, I did leave a gap, started with feathers & answered his little message rather than do two posts

As for the rankings we will all know on Sunday evening
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7432
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum