Rankings after Round 14

4 posters

Go down

Rankings after Round 14 Empty Rankings after Round 14

Post by Admin Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Agree or disagree?

1 Central – They’re flying and we’re all getting worried. Bugger.

2 Norwood- How do they keep winning? The footy gods might start changing, though.

3 West- Goals are a rarity. Opposition goals are greeted with amazement.

4 Glenelg- We reckon they’re hanging on here by their fingernails.

5 Sturt - Potentially a danger to any team, but they need to win this week

6 North - Let us check the calendar to see which team will turn up next game.

7 South - How do they keep losing? The footy gods might start changing though.

8 Eagles - They’re back! No they’re not! Yes they are! No they’re not! Yawn….

9 Port - They’ve been narrowly losing for three years now. Trouble in the camp.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Rankings after Round 14 Empty Re: Rankings after Round 14

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 pm

You may be right with the rankings, but rankings don't really interest me all that much. It's what happens on the field that matters most.

It does interest me that Norwood have been winning by large margins most of the year and yet people question how they keep winning? Central have fallen into a number of wins this season and nobody questions it. They have a couple of large victories over teams most decent teams have belted this season, and everyone gets carried away by it.

I said at the start of the season Norwood's fate would depend upon staying sound with minimal injuries and not being stuffed around by comings and goings of AFL players. Sadly from a Norwood point of view, that hasn't happened.

People forget Norwood defeated Central at Elizabeth, which has been a tougher job in recent years than beating Norwood at Norwood.

I agree with most that, at the moment, it appears Central are cruising along to winning yet another flag, but I would think to be ranked number 1, they should at least have to defeat Norwood once. Maybe that will happen on Sunday.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:24 pm

I suppose the idea of rankings is that it's a bit if fun that indicates how a side is travelling overall in that particular week, not a prediction of premiership favouritism.

I agree about Norwood. I think they're a very much better side than last year and they're extremely well drilled in Bassett;s game style, which makes them a tough proposition.

Injuries aren't helping them, but I think their final's fate rests with how other teams deal with their game plan.

I think they've done well to win the last two, which says a lot about their mental toughness this year, but I also think the season is taking a bit of a toll on them right now.

After their next bye, I think they'll build up again, but I think they're ripe for the picking at the moment.

It should be a good game this weekened.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down