Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th

+3
UncleHuey
PhilH
bayman
7 posters

Go down

Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th Empty Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th

Post by bayman Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:45 pm

The Round 2 Statewide Super League, Reserves and Torrens Uni Cup U18 Teams are in, check them out below.

Friday April 5
Glenelg v Adelaide| ACH Group Stadium | 7.20pm

Live stream via Digital Pass sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio & scores on the SANFL App | Live scores at sanfl.com.au
GLENELG
Glenelg has been dealt a major blow for its midfield battle against Adelaide on Friday night.

Delisted West Coast Eagle Luke Partington tweaked his hamstring at training earlier in the week, with club medicos not prepared to risk further damage against the Crows.

Tall midfielder Tom Schott, goalsneak Josh Koster and defenders Alex Martini and Rulla Kelly-Mansell have been included in the 23-man squad.

Recruited from Launceston FC, Kelly-Mansell (26, 187cm and 76kg) finished with 21 disposals and seven marks in the Reserves last Friday night.

League

F: McCarthy, McBean, Reynolds

HF: Hosie, Scott, Gregson

C: Betterman, Motlop, Nicholson

HB: Joseph, Gould, Agnew

B: Currsn, Proud, Chalmers

R: White, Bradley, Scharenberg

INT: Kelly-Mansell, Close, Schott, Martini, Koster

IN: Schott, Martini, Kelly-Mansell, Koster

OUT: Partington (hamstring), Virgin

Reserves
Bailey, Boyle, Carmody, Carney, Davis, DiSotto, Emmett, Feely, Gamble, Holyoak, Kerrish, Leck, LeCornu, Lovelock, McDermott, Milera, Searle, Snook, Yates, Virgin.

Under-18
F: Bonutto, Thompson, H. McRae
HF: Weir, Kitschke, Symonds
C: Park, Liambis, Wilfred
HB: B. McRae, W. Schreiber, O’Loughlin-Johncock
B: Boag, Drum, Wilsdon

R: Holder, Carter, Kuller
INT: Wright, Harry, Moore, Bruhn, Chalmers, Horsnell

ADELAIDE
Adelaide has lost lead ruckman Reilly O’Brien for its Friday night clash with Glenelg.

Called up to replace Sam Jacobs in the Crows’ AFL line-up, O’Brien will have his role taken by Paul Hunter, who will spend most of his time starting in the centre square.

Development players Jordan Boyle, Mitch Johnson and Michael McMahon have been added to the 23-man squad, with all three named on the extended interchange bench.

League

F: Stengle, Strachan, Wright

HF: McHenry, Himmelberg, Gallucci

C: Davis, Greenwood, Wilson

HB: Butts, Sholl, Fogarty

B: Hamill, Otten, McPherson

R: Hunter, Ellis-Yolmen, Poholke

INT: Boyle, Hutchesson, Johnson, Latchford, McMahon

IN: Boyle, Johnson, McMahon

OUT: O’Brien (AFL)

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th Empty Re: Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th

Post by bayman Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:47 pm

i think Glenelg might be in trouble in the middle, hopefully i'm wrong
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th Empty Re: Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th

Post by PhilH Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:21 am

Glenelg v Adelaide at the bay Friday April 5th Rd_2_g10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Crows look to have too much depth unfortunately. Not having Snook and Partington hurts in the middle where we have to match up against CEY, Greenwood, Wilson & Poholke. Add the advantage of having a full squad of AFL listed players on a Friday night and I think the Crows will win by 2 goals.

UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 pm

If your intending on coming to the football tonight, please bear in mind that only one entrance gate is open, the one next to the grandstand, obviously not banking on the 4,000 crow supporters turning up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Glenelg playing really well. McBean 6 goals so far. Haven't watched it all, but haven't seen one free kick to Crows so far, lots the other way. Not affecting result.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Final Score

Glenelg 18.7.115 defeated Adelaide 9.8.62

McBean 9
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Impressive effort. Bays looked good overhead from what I saw.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:33 pm

at lemon time it was 13 goals of the 18 kicked to the northern end which the crows were coming home with, i didn't think the game was totally safe until around the 17 minute mark, Adelaide won the middle but Glenelgs' pressure was first class for most of the night, it was a pleasing win

on a side note one spectator rushed to the half forward line & said to Tyson Stengle ''you'll kick this & i'm going to film it'' Tyson missed & the would be Steven Spielberg was none other than Eddy Betts, i told Eddy he'd look better in a Glenelg jumper & he smiled & said ''not for a while yet''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 am

Admin wrote:Glenelg playing really well. McBean 6 goals so far. Haven't watched it all, but haven't seen one free kick to Crows so far, lots the other way. Not affecting result.

Final count 36 to 14!!!!!!!
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Lee wrote:
Admin wrote:Glenelg playing really well. McBean 6 goals so far. Haven't watched it all, but haven't seen one free kick to Crows so far, lots the other way. Not affecting result.

As I posted on the conspiracy thread, that there is now law that says a free kick count has to be level or close to it, in all 5 games I’ve seen live so far the umpiring has been quite good
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Are there different interpretations in the SANFL compared to the AFL? Their reserves players don't know exactly what is right and wrong in the SANFL?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 pm

bayman wrote:
Lee wrote:

As I posted on the conspiracy thread, that there is now law that says a free kick count has to be level or close to it, in all 5 games I’ve seen live so far the umpiring has been quite good

Bloody things that change words, it should read “No Law”
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:49 am

That's an impressive win from the Bays minus arguably their two best midfielders, looking very good at this stage to living up to the expectation most had of them returning to a legitimate contender.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:50 am

I posted the free kick count to back up my observation that in the patches of the game I watched, I didn't see Adelaide get a free kick, while the Bays got several.

As for the game, it didn't make much difference, the Bays were very impressive, as I posted, and were far too good.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down