bayman
Booney
Gingernuts
Paul
Scrunch
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Glenelg v Adelaide

Friday 25 April
Gliderol Stadium

League: 7:10pm

Last Week:
Glenelg 10.11.71 lost to South 17.14.116 @ Hickinbotham Oval
Adelaide 16.17.113 d Centrals 9.7.61 @ Playford Alive Oval

Ladder Position:
Glenelg: 10th 0-3 27.70%
Adelaide: 6th 1-2 47.09%

Glenelg were much better in their loss to South, while Adelaide are coming off their first SANFL win over Centrals. Will Glenelg finally win they first game of the season, or will Adelaide put their season at level pegging?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Bays best chance would probably be for Alleway to KO 6 or 7 of the Crows
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Glenelg v Adelaide - Friday 25 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Glenelg by 9 points.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Crowd will be interesting - I reckon last week's win, the Friday night/public holiday timeslot, and the potential return of Tex Walker will drag quite a few more Crows fans out than their previous fixtures.

I would've gone if my wife wasn't ready to drop bubs no. 2. My younger brother (who lives a few streets away) will probably wonder down for a look.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Crowd will be interesting - I reckon last week's win, the Friday night/public holiday timeslot, and the potential return of Tex Walker will drag quite a few more Crows fans out than their previous fixtures.

I would've gone if my wife wasn't ready to drop bubs no. 2. My younger brother (who lives a few streets away) will probably wonder down for a look.

Will your wife be ok with that?  What a Face 
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Haha. Yes I should clarify - he's going to the football, not joining us in the delivery room.  Laughing 
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 pm

LOL @ Scrunch.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 pm

enjoying the comedy boys

Adelaide by 8 goals after a tight first half

after looking at the teams, i give Glenelg a chance to win, Bays by 7 points

Last edited by bayman on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by maddawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

Havent missed too many Friday night games at bay oval, but unfortuantly have to leave this one alone, just cant stand what has happened in the SANFL. Will be there with bells on to the next game however.
maddawg
maddawg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 am

Adelaide by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 am

Adelaide to win this game but I expect The Bays to put up a good fight.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Hope the Bays can get up and get their season started, but hard to go past the Crows here. Adelaide by around 27 points.

Just hope it's not a mauling. I think the GFC can ill-afford many more of those.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Crows reserves by 80+, Glenelg are woeful
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 am

bayman wrote:enjoying the comedy boys

Adelaide by 8 goals after a tight first half

after looking at the teams, i give Glenelg a chance to win, Bays by 7 points

sorry i was 5 goals out  Laughing Laughing 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 am

i don't know why it takes media publications to fire up a team but i would like to thank them for a couple of things in the press this week, one journalist (hi Jai) tipped Adelaide 85-96 (or something like that) & another paraphrasing had ''Tex to be eased into football by playing easybeats'' the Glenelg players were fully made aware of this & they had clippings pasted up on the walls etc in the change rooms

tonight clearly it was an ''all played well'' night

he must be a shadow of his former self but tonight i didn't even see ''the porpoise'' until during the third term

disgraceful article (read the link on snouts) by Scott Walsh in the paper tomorrow, all about Tex, also said ''not about competition points'' which means they do only use our great competition as match practice, hey Scott Glenelg won so we must have had a few good players tonight, tonight was the most enjoyable night i've had at the footy for a few years & all i'll say is no wonder some (not all) of them are called morons, absolutely no idea about the game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:12 am

Seems like Lonergan showed what he can do, Bayman?

Thorp too?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheTiger Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 am

redandblack wrote:Seems like Lonergan showed what he can do, Bayman?

Thorp too?

Lonergan was our top possession winner last night. In previous games he has been heavily tagged. I didn't notice a tag on him last night.

Thorp has started slowly for Glenelg but did show some form against South. Last night was a dangerous forward kicking 3.3. In saying this the Crows defence looked a bit small against Kirkby,Thorp and Alleway with Ottens being the only key defender of note.

Crows supporters went home when it rained.

EyeOfTheTiger
EyeOfTheTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks, EOTT, very helpful.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:50 am

EyeOfTheTiger wrote:

Thorp too?

Lonergan was our top possession winner last night. In previous games he has been heavily tagged. I didn't notice a tag on him last night.

Thorp has started slowly for Glenelg but did show some form against South. Last night was a dangerous forward kicking 3.3. In saying this the Crows defence looked a bit small against Kirkby,Thorp and Alleway with Ottens being the only key defender of note.

Crows supporters went home when it rained.

Obviously the cows don't know how good Lonergan is Bayman. Razz 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:18 am

Fantastic result for the Bays both onfield and through the turnstiles - great for the club and by extension the competition. Well done to all involved.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Thorp too?

yep, imho those boys are just taking a bit longer than expected to settle into the pace of the SANFL & have got better & shown glimpses in all games this year

i'm just disappointed it takes the team as a whole a couple of articles to stir them up & play four quarters of hard footy....a couple of players on debut had a influence on the game Stretch & Woodhall (who is a rodeo rider for real)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down