Talent v Team

+2
bayman
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Talent v Team Empty Talent v Team

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 am

How would you rank each team for 2018 on talent alone?

How much does teamwork, game plan and coaching make the difference?

For example, I wouldn't say North had the most talented list in 2018, but they certainly were the best in many other ways.

2018 for talent, a guess only.

Norwood

Eagles

Sturt

North

Glenelg

South

West

Central

(Adelaide and Port dpends on injuries).

Agree or disagree?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Talent v Team Empty Re: Talent v Team

Post by bayman Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am

Firstly, injuries aren’t reasons for just the two franchise teams, every team can be affected

Secondly, there is an old saying that “a champion team will beat a team of champions”
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

I like this football analogy
" The better team on the day won."

North Adelaide, West Coast, Sydney Roosters are arguably examples in 2018
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:57 am

I believe there is legitmate arguments for both the talent approach and the coaching/team work/game plan approach

A team will always beat a team of champions is the oldest saying in the book and has stood the test of time so one for coaching/team work/game plan approach

Every side has 3 to 6 above average to freakishly skilled players of game changing ability ----  where several these players are unavailable for any reason it will have massive impct on a teams performance so one for the talent position

My position is a team needs to be strong in and balanced in both areas with niether taking precedence

IMO my team westies have many young players at league and reserves levels that have great talent and potential hower most are still at the start of thier experience and career at league lvel and need strong experienced team orientated players around them so the can develop to thier full potential. Early last season when most of the experienced league team class players were either unavailable or had not done a full preseason it was clear that these talented kids were sheep for the wolves.

I believe many of these kids have now been blooded and look for to next year where many will step up but must be still supported
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:39 pm

There is so much work going into defensive structures among other game plan systems by more coaches than there used to be that a well drilled unit that follows the plan will negate pure talent alone these days.

I think we saw that in the Redlegs 3 flags and even in Sturt's approach of the following 2 years. Both very defensive styles with a unified back 6.
Perhaps North bucked the system a bit this with a more attacking style.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Panther Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:11 pm

A champion team will always beat a team of champions - this is probably why South has failed to win a premiership since before my father was born.

We always produce amazing talent that reaches the AFL but we can't even win the SANFL. Crazy.
Mighty Panther
Mighty Panther

Teams : South Adelaide Panthers | Richmond Tigers | Penrith Panthers | Claremont Tigers | Adelaide United | Liverpool | Philadelphia Eagles | Otago Highlanders
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down