Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval

+3
PhilH
southern bulldog
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval Empty Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Centrals v Glenelg
Saturday 7 July
My Money House Oval

Reserves: 11:15am
League: 2:10pm

Two sides well out of finals contention at the moment face off to keep their slim finals hope alive. Who's door will creak slightly more ajar this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval

Post by southern bulldog Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Hopefully we play the SAME WAY we did against South it was good to watch and not revert back to kicking sideways and backwards.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm pretty sure the Tigers can play you back into for. Our record at Elizabeth is poor and can't really see it changing this week.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:06 am

Round 13: Centrals v Glenelg - Saturday 7 July @ My Money House Oval Rd_13_12
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jars74 Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:58 am

Another frustrating game to watch,just glad we won.
Footy is becoming extremely boring to watch
Jars74
Jars74

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

Wasn't exactly a showcase for Aussie rules footy but at least it was close. If Motlop's kick had gone straight the Bays would have won which I would have happily taken.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:59 pm

The siren sounded just as Goodrem couldn't quite reach the kick-out (there was one second left when the last behind was rushed). Snook and Amato were closing and either one of them would have been able to pick up the loose ball and have a shot from 30m with another five seconds on the clock.

If you re-wind one minute, Motlop marks 55 from goal with 39 seconds left on the clock. Unlikely to make the distance from about 60 odd metres out, he still wasted 38 seconds lining up for goal which his shot not only missed to the left, but predictably fell short by five or so metres and was rushed through. Watching the replay, I feel sorry for Bays fans. It was just a lack of game awareness and silly. Fair enough to take all the time in the world when you're 10 metres out straight in front, but when you're a 1% chance of scoring, why would you be wasting so much time??! Crazy.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 pm

scott wrote:The siren sounded just as Goodrem couldn't quite reach the kick-out
It was Habel with the kick out, who had been pretty much going long all game, who missed Kyle Jenner on the kick out.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 pm

To be fair though I only saw it on the Digital Pass replay that zooms out as Jenner goes to mark the ball and it spills over the top. Frankly my player ID level of all league/reserves players probably smashes 99.9% of people on here so I'm not too fazed, and who the Dogs players were was irrelevant to my original point though which is Motlop shouldn't have taken as long as what he did when taking the shot for goal as it was so low percentage. Fair enough to go for it and players have their routine and it takes time and what not, but it's about game awareness. That 38 seconds of lost time needed to be 20-25 seconds. Easier to say in hindsight but still. He had to consider the 99% chance that if it fell short or missed (which it basically did both), Glenelg needed as much time as they could get to score. And we all know SANFL quarters don't go 30 minutes like the AFL so once it was creeping up to 27 minutes, the Bays were already on borrowed time.

Actually I don't know why I care. I don't like Glenelg! Razz
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down