Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium

5 posters

Go down

Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Glenelg (1-0) v North (0-1)
Saturday 25 February
City Mazda Stadium

6:00pm

Stream available via www.sanfl.com.au

Glenelg started off their women's career with a big win over Westies, while North were trounced by Norwood. Will Glenelg make it 2-0, or will North get their historic first win in the women's comp?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by UncleHuey Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 pm

The Tigress will account for the hens and make it 2-0
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 2 Women: Glenelg v North - Saturday 25 February @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:15 pm

I haven't seen any of it, but does anyone think any player or players in the AFLW (not the SANFL comp) would be capable of playing state league football?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 pm

No hope whatsoever, standard is around under 15s
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

...but they are only just getting started! The skills will pick up, don't worry about that. But it will be a different kind of footy to what we are used to, and I am not anticipating mixed teams.... Shocked It might not be for me, women's footy, but look at netball, might be one of the biggest spectator/participant sports we have! I hope it takes off big-time, particularly at a local level, because the future of OUR footy is community involvement....
(I know that is not what was asked, but....Discuss!!)
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm

absolutely they'll get better, i mentioned this in another thread, that being just like cricket with more competition the skills will get better in time, no one could question the commitment or intensity, however getting back to F10's question they will never get close to mens' footy, even the best womens cricketers get to (from memory) about D grade, there was a lady (cricketer) that played for Port several years ago, i reckon she played C grade but not sure how long that lasted, bravo to her for having a go
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down