Chambo Off To Work We Go
The Hatchet
scott
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elimination Final: Adelaide v Centrals - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Final: Adelaide v Centrals - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:11 am

how Norwood beat 20 listed players & Steven Summerton in a grand final is beyond me, todays' match emphasized how unfair this situation is, to say it was a mens v boys match is an understatement, i left work early to get to the start of the match, i may as well have stayed at work as the game was over well before quarter time, was good to see about 40 crow supporters there & mainly kids supporting their seconds.......while it made no difference at all one umpire in particular seemed to be in awe & starry eyed about some if not all of the crow players  (L.H.)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: Adelaide v Centrals - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Final: Adelaide v Centrals - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:13 am

Why just because no other coach had the balls to tell the truth it maybe what it is but that doesnt make it right.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 am

A crap game yesterday AWFL salary cap v The SANFL salary cap.
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:59 am

southern bulldog wrote:Why just because no other coach had the balls to tell the truth it maybe what it is but that doesnt make it right.

Bassett, Collins, Laird
All SANFL past and present coaches who speak their mind
Ive enjoyed watching and listening to their view points over the years
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:27 am

how Norwood beat 20 listed players & Steven Summerton in a grand final is beyond me

I actually think Port playing allof those AFL listed players hurt them on GF day as their lowest ranks players on the AFL were probably or poorer quality than some of old Magpies players like Bruggerman.

If they could have dropped their worst 2-3 AFL listed players and brought in Bruggerman & co that to me would have been their strongest lineup.

Which brings me to where I think this AFL Reserves in SANFL finals needs to go.

Crows have 2 things they wish to do
- keep possible AFL players match fresh (if Crows are in AFL finals)
- give developing players who would never get an AFL finals game, an experience of finals (SANFL level) pressure.

SANFL clubs just want to win the premiership, this is what the exist to do and they do not wish to see a season of hard work derailed by playing a side like yesterday where the starting 18 were all AFL listed.

So it should come down to this.

AFL clubs chose 12 players not currently in their AFL side that are more likely to get a call up should injury or performance come into play.

Only 5 of yesterdays 15 Crows Senior Listed players have played an AFL game this season.... so that 12 would have included at least 7 who have not got an AFL game in 2016 ... surely 12 is enough to cover every AFL selection possibility and ensure that Crows AFL chances are not affected.

The remaining 9 spots in the 21 are made up from top up players, getting a reward for being on the fringes all year.

The remaining surplus Crows senior listed players and rookie listed players who were never going to play in an AFL final anyway sit it out.

The Crows team does not need to have 18 AFL listed players like yesterday to ensure those that might called up to AFL finals get a game.  12 would more than cover it.

This ensures

1) Crows players who might play AFL finals get a game

2) SANFL clubs don't meet an AFL reserves side fully loaded with AFL listed talent.

Yes it means some on the Crows (or Port) list, who are deemed not likely to play AFL finals that year will miss out on the experience of SANFL finals pressure.  But this is minor compared with the need for SANFL clubs to avoid what Central copped yesterday.

Yes it means the Crows side would be weakened, but their best 12 surplus players are still playing so consider it a challenge similar to what SANFL clubs have to go through each week taking on full time footballers with part time resources.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Both unfortunately we played the worst we had in a long time and that meant against Adelaide with the side they had we had no chance
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Central could hardly get the ball & when they did there weren't too many fluent movements forward, most times they were rushed from being constantly  under pressure,  as I said it was a mens versus boys match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:34 am

bayman wrote:Central could hardly get the ball & when they did there weren't too many fluent movements forward, most times they were rushed from being constantly  under pressure,  as I said it was a mens versus boys match

I believe I saw a stat somewhere saying the 2 3rds of the Adelaide team were under 21.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:43 am

Gingernuts wrote:
bayman wrote:Central could hardly get the ball & when they did there weren't too many fluent movements forward, most times they were rushed from being constantly  under pressure,  as I said it was a mens versus boys match

I believe I saw a stat somewhere saying the 2 3rds of the Adelaide team were under 21.

I'd suggest Bayman was referring to ability and athletic prowess etc.

Scary thing is, I thought the Crows performance still left plenty of room for improvement.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:49 am

bayman wrote:how Norwood beat 20 listed players & Steven Summerton in a grand final is beyond me

I don't believe any other club could have beaten Port that year (obviously we'll never know for sure though).

Norwood had been the benchmark for 3 years basically and were ultra well-drilled. Then they had that additional motivation of playing Port.

I still don't think the Crows will win the SANFL flag this season, but they are obviously a threat in every game they play due to the talent at their disposal.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

I'd suggest Bayman was referring to ability and athletic prowess etc.

Scary thing is, I thought the Crows performance still left plenty of room for improvement.

Correct Scrunch, i'll add to clear it up & that is the body sizes & strength of the Adelaide players looked like men compared to Central who in comparison looked like boys
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:32 pm

PhilH wrote:
how Norwood beat 20 listed players & Steven Summerton in a grand final is beyond me

I actually think Port playing allof those AFL listed players hurt them on GF day as their lowest ranks players on the AFL were probably or poorer quality than some of old Magpies players like Bruggerman.

If they could have dropped their worst 2-3 AFL listed players and brought in Bruggerman & co that to me would have been their strongest lineup.

Which brings me to where I think this AFL Reserves in SANFL finals needs to go.

Crows have 2 things they wish to do
- keep possible AFL players match fresh (if Crows are in AFL finals)
- give developing players who would never get an AFL finals game, an experience of finals (SANFL level) pressure.

SANFL clubs just want to win the premiership, this is what the exist to do and they do not wish to see a season of hard work derailed by playing a side like yesterday where the starting 18 were all AFL listed.

So it should come down to this.

AFL clubs chose 12 players not currently in their AFL side that are more likely to get a call up should injury or performance come into play.

Only 5 of yesterdays 15 Crows Senior Listed players have played an AFL game this season.... so that 12 would have included at least 7 who have not got an AFL game in 2016 ... surely 12 is enough to cover every AFL selection possibility and ensure that Crows AFL chances are not affected.

The remaining 9 spots in the 21 are made up from top up players, getting a reward for being on the fringes all year.

The remaining surplus Crows senior listed players and rookie listed players who were never going to play in an AFL final anyway sit it out.

The Crows team does not need to have 18 AFL listed players like yesterday to ensure those that might called up to AFL finals get a game.  12 would more than cover it.

This ensures

1) Crows players who might play AFL finals get a game

2) SANFL clubs don't meet an AFL reserves side fully loaded with AFL listed talent.

Yes it means some on the Crows (or Port) list, who are deemed not likely to play AFL finals that year will miss out on the experience of SANFL finals pressure.  But this is minor compared with the need for SANFL clubs to avoid what Central copped yesterday.

Yes it means the Crows side would be weakened, but their best 12 surplus players are still playing so consider it a challenge similar to what SANFL clubs have to go through each week taking on full time footballers with part time resources.

PhilH,
i understand what you are saying but making a team stronger, weaker or about on par with other teams is all wrong, trying to manipulate in this case Adelaide by having your suggestion of 12 players is morally wrong & would just make the compromised SANFL even more compromised
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2