Spot on, although I'll say Glenelg won't make it now
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The halfway mark Empty Re: The halfway mark

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Sturt, South and Eagles pretty much a shoe-in for finals, for mine...

Throw a blanket over Adelaide, Central, North and maybe Glenelg as to who makes up the rest of the top five...

Still a long way to go, but for mine Eagles flag favourites at present...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Big Phil wrote:Sturt, South and Eagles pretty much a shoe-in for finals, for mine...

Throw a blanket over Adelaide, Central, North and maybe Glenelg as to who makes up the rest of the top five...

South will certainly make it, but they seem to have had an incredible number of home games so far. They can't have many left.

On the other hand, North only have 2 away games to go. They have 6 home games left.

How much of an advantage is the home ground in the SANFL anyway?
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:08 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Sturt, South and Eagles pretty much a shoe-in for finals, for mine...

South will certainly make it, but they seem to have had an incredible number of home games so far. They can't have many left.

On the other hand, North only have 2 away games to go. They have 6 home games left.

How much of an advantage is the home ground in the SANFL anyway?

Ask me after south travel to oval ave .
they were very hard to play against down south not sure if their record away from home this year 
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:22 pm

waddayamean wrote:Centrals can smell a double chance and is it too late for North and Norwood ? If Norwood win tomorrow they might be a chance with some players coming back.
Adelaide looking vulnerable now.

Norwood at the moment have played the same number of games as Adelaide and are 3 games plus 12% behind Adelaide. Norwood would have to pick up 4 more games that Adelaide to overtake them. With only 8 games to go I can't see that happening.

North are 2 games and 5 % behind Adelaide and have played one game more. Next week would be North's last chance. I can't see North winning enough games to overtake Adelaide even if they do beat them next week. North aren't consistent enough. Their best will beat almost anyone, their worst sees them beaten by the bottom side. North were very, very stiff to lose to Adelaide the first time they played. In fact if Max Thring hadn't hurt himself North would have won. A win then would have changed everything. They would now have been level on wins with Adelaide but of course they lost by a few points.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

Considering Norwood's high quality recruiting, there must be some questions being asked about the coach.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Considering Norwood's high quality recruiting, there must be some questions being asked about the coach.

Much like your mob, injuries have taken a major toll in season 2016...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:16 am

Big Phil wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:Considering Norwood's high quality recruiting, there must be some questions being asked about the coach.

But they were almost at full strength early in the year when North thrashed them. Did they do their due diligence with some of the recruits this year?
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

But they were almost at full strength early in the year when North thrashed them. Did they do their due diligence with some of the recruits this year?

Exactly. Whether the list was Premiership standard looks increasingly unlikely, but I think they should have been challenging. I don't believe their greatest problem is the cattle, more the style they're forced to try and play.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Has the style changed much since Ben's first (premiership) year, Scrunch.

The key to that style seemed to be having a quality spare defender like McGuinness & Co to marshall things.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Ben Warren is not a 'bad coach' there would be several factors to why Norwood have been struggling in recent times, those recruits are older than they were when at Norwood earlier, i think the ''last touch rule'' is a big reason because all of a sudden a defensive team can't use the defenders best friend, yep the boundary line, injuries don't help but all clubs get them, (Sturt haven't had their fair share yet), i heard whispers yesterday at Unley that some players aren't talking to one player but i don't buy that as Norwood yesterday showed heart to fight their way back into the match, if it was an unhappy environment Sturt would have buried them from their first quarter start.................perhaps the other teams have not only caught up to Norwood but have gone past them & on that note it wasn't so long ago when people whinged about the dominance & the answer coming back was not to whinge but improve your own team(s) & maybe they have
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:24 am

Lee wrote:Has the style changed much since Ben's first (premiership) year, Scrunch.

The key to that style seemed to be having a quality spare defender like McGuinness & Co to marshall things.

No the style hasn't changed too much as far as I can tell (to be fair, it's not often been executed to the level the coach would hope for - although that right there is an indictment in itself). No question the leadership of McGuiness, Zorsi, Warren, Thomas types would have an effect. Very rare for clubs to replace leaders like that quickly. Phillips' struggles with injury have been another contributor.

The players to me, show signs that many supporters show when watching Norwood (both Norwood supporters in the last 18 months and opposition supporters often over the last 5 years) .. Not stimulated by the way they're being directed to play and/or confused.

As Bayman has said the out of bounds rule was never going to help such a defensively oriented system and you didn't need to be Einstein to see it. Some at the club possibly still can't. Nor the fact that other clubs are drilled now at employing aspects of the modern offensively adept game.

Norwood have lost the belief they held for 3 and a half years, and their opposition has lost the doubt they held, whenever they came up against them.

Cultural standards have slipped in recent years too, with several out of form players continually being selected because they're still trusted to perform their role better than an in-form performer in a reserves side traveling reasonably well. To continue with the same practices and expect different results doesn't seem logical to me.

Norwoods decline, when you look at the numbers, is quite staggering, and runs far deeper than injury to personnel.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down