West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards

2 posters

Go down

West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards Empty West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards

Post by Lee Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:53 am

Last night was probably one of the best functions held by the West Adelaide Football Club. 6 new Hall of Famers - J J McCarthy, E Bennetts, Stan Costello, Bernie Smith, Bruce Lindner and Greg Mellor, while Grantley Fielke and Doug Thomas were elevated to Legend status.

The Ian McLachlan Room at theAdelaide Oval was an excellent venue, with guests looking out onto the oval, complete with the scoreboard showing the Grand Final scores in a nice touch. All the presenters spoke well, with the responses by some of the relatives of the first 4 named above speaking from the heart and making the whole room aware of the importance of the WAFC to themselves and their families.

Foe me, it was great to renew acquaintances with some of my playing heroes - the wonderful Tim Symes, Adam Richardson (Lethal Lee likes licking lizards (don't ask Very Happy ), Greg Mellor, Peter Walsh and others, as well as those inducted.

There were a number of current players in attendance and they would have been impressed with the display of history, life and emotion that a great football club produces.

Neil Kerley presented and spoke about Bruce Lindner and Grantley Fielke, who were both humble and spoke very well. I could listen to Kerls reading the phone book and still ask for more almost.

The organisation was a credit to the Hall of Fame Committee and our brilliant staff.

Mark Aiston did a great job MC'ing and I think everyone left feeling proud of a great club.

It's a tough season, but we all took a message from Kerls about how to react to our current situation.

I left having enjoyed every moment.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards Empty Re: West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Good to hear you had an enjoyable night Lee. It is important to remember those who have represented the club in the past. Fielke was a class act a very good player.
I agree about Kerls, the guy is a legend
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards Empty Re: West Adelaide Hall of Fame Awards

Post by Lee Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Thank you, UH.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down