+5
Lee
waddayamean
William
Scrunch
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Port (6th 3-5 47.58%) v Glenelg (9th 2-5 50.44%)
Saturday 4 June
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins, though Glenelg's seems like an eternity ago with a bye and State Game weekend. Who will extend their winning streak this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Could be playing for "the Cornes cup" Very Happy

Confident of a Glenelg victory, although I'll
concede that if the power reserves get some players back it'll be a lot closer
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Port v Glenelg - Saturday 4 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Scrunch Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 am

Yes, would like to see the lineups before making a call on this one.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Scrunch wrote:Yes, would like to see the lineups before making a call on this one.
Me too. Quietly confident the bays can get it done but will like to see who Port has in first.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 am

A lot depends on how many AFL players Port Have in their side, there have been a couple of Injuries and Suspensions at AFL Level so may make the Magpies weaker this week, Although having seen Port play against South two weeks ago I will say Port to win by 3-4 goals.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 am

Amon into the Magpies line up, Logan Austin out for his AFL debut.

Key tall out, running mid in.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm

This game will be broadcast on SANFL Radio, with myself and Grant Coffee commentating...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match1/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:27 pm

I reckon the Bays by 3 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:46 pm

bayman wrote:Could be playing for "the Cornes cup" Very Happy

Confident of a Glenelg victory, although I'll
concede that if the power reserves  get some players back it'll be a lot closer

after looking at the teams i haven't changed my mind & select my team to win by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:50 am

Bit late for a review now, but how many people at the ground today witnessed the karma bus going down centre wing in the last term?

I asked one of the goal umpires at 3/4 time did he report the player (that got run over by the karma bus in the last term) he said "no I didn't I didn't see anything but no doubt they'll review the film"
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:39 am

For those who weren't there, would you mind explainjng?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 am

Bayman is talking about Robbie Young. Young was felled by Nicholson ( I think it was him, I don't bother learning the names of scrubbers ) off the ball, as Glenelg were kicking out. When recovered Young went back to aforementioned scrubber and had a crack at him, rightly so. This was during the 3rd quarter.

Midway through the last Young was injured on the outer wing, so bayman is saying the "Karma Bus" caught up with Youngy.

That's a **** call bayman, unless of course you saw the scrubber deck Young first and thought nothing of it?

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:20 am

Looks like Young has done the shoulder, requiring surgery, and will be out for a while now.

How good were the Indigenous boys to watch on Saturday?

Rioli, Sumner and Milera for the Bays, while Ah Chee played great for Port as well...

One of the better games I've commentated this season...

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Great to have a win at Alberton, happens too rarely for mind Very Happy

Shocking news for Carlisle, Young and Bradley - they all may have season ending injuries.

Bradley ahs been really good for the Bays this year, we will miss his leadership and clearance skills.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Booney wrote:Bayman is talking about Robbie Young. Young was felled by Nicholson ( I think it was him, I don't bother learning the names of scrubbers ) off the ball, as Glenelg were kicking out. When recovered Young went back to aforementioned scrubber and had a crack at him, rightly so. This was during the 3rd quarter.

Midway through the last Young was injured on the outer wing, so bayman is saying the "Karma Bus" caught up with Youngy.

That's a **** call bayman, unless of course you saw the scrubber deck Young first and thought nothing of it?

that's what you saw, that's fine & i can only say what i witnessed & i'll admit that i could have missed something that may or may not have happened earlier but i didn't, what i saw was Young go & ''smack'' ''a scrubber'' in the side of the face/head & players came in for a bit of a scuffle, the siren went & players went to their respective huddles, as i walked over towards the Glenelg huddle the security person & goal umpire were walking towards the centre & i said ''hey ump did you report him ?'' ump ''no mate i didn't see anything & if its on the footage & deemed reportable he'll get called in'' me ''thanks ump''
onto the last term, i did not see what happened as i was watching the ball & then my young bloke said ''whose that down ?'' i knew it was a Port player & was actually concerned for his health because his leg was ''twitching'' in a manner that didn't look right, i'm glad he is ok, as for who did what to him i have no idea, i've been told a name & that it was a fair shoulder on shoulder bump but i don't know as i did not see it

Kane Mitchell is stiff, i think he deserved a medal for his stomach punch on Josh Woodall (not sure how many times it happened but i only saw one) a punch to the head is one thing but a punch to the stomach a bit less on the scale in my opinion, a reprimand should have been sufficient, anyway the reason i think he deserved a medal is that as a player i would pick my opponent who i thought i could wear down both physically & mentally, Kane has picked on Josh Woodall &  he'd be the last player i'd pick on because for fun he rides in rodeos

as for our working class scrubbers & uni students, well they may be all that but they beat a mainly pampered professional team on their own dung heap
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down