+5
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
blacky
Lee
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Magpies-logo-news V Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval West_logo

Saturday 30 June
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

Port are coming off a bad loss to the Eagles which saw them tumble to the bottom of the SANFL ladder, while West are coming off a heartbreaking loss to Norwood despite leading for the entire match (bar the final siren). Will Port climb off the bottom, or will West respond to their heartbreak?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Lee Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

The question here will be about mind-set.

Will West be flattened by the circumstances of their loss to Norwood, or will they be determined to redress it?

Do Port have it in them to prove they're better than they're showing?

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by blacky Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 pm

redandblack wrote:The question here will be about mind-set.

Will West be flattened by the circumstances of their loss to Norwood, or will they be determined to redress it?

will depend on the DEY
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 am

blacky wrote:
redandblack wrote:The question here will be about mind-set.

will depend on the DEY

lol! Good one!

I'm going to back Port here by 1-2 goals. Should be a good game.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I think maybe West to win this one by 2-3 goals.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Nat Caruso can't make the West team, that tells me their almost at full strength.....West by 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 am

Any game could go either way in this competition this year, but West need to win this one.

I'm not at all confident, but a good win to the Bloods would put them in a very good position for the rest of the year, especially if other results keep going their way.

What a great comp this year.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm

it was an enjoyable & absorbing game that was fought hard & tough, to me West seemed in control for most of the day but couldn't put Port away & Port just kept gnawing away at trying to grind out a win but couldn't quite get a decent run on

the umpire who had dark hair & was the smaller of the two with hair isn't up to it yet, 2 players niggled each other (that's all it was) as they got up after throw in was called & he said ''calm down fellas there's no need for that'' Shocked

West had a sensitive young man out there today, in a pack marking situation as players fell to the ground there was a clash of bodies & as they got up the West player asked the Port player if he was ok, they must be sensitive the players that hail from Flagstaff Hill Very Happy

as for the flag West will have to kick a bigger score than they have the last couple of weeks, although at this stage you just take the win
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm

bayman wrote:as for the flag West will have to kick a bigger score than they have the last couple of weeks, although at this stage you just take the win

West reminds me of Norwood in the second half of 2011, so totally absorbed with shutting down opposition sides that it doesn't know how to take a game on and put an opponent away. Okay in theory, but the reality is it is highly unlikely to defeat a team like Central in a final.

And I'm not having a shot at West, I don't think Norwood have got it completely right either. I'm a little concerned at this stage of the season that Central appears to be cruising towards another premiership.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

It's an annoying feeling when our team seems to dominate a half of football and you walk in at half-time and you're level.

When you've led 3 goals to nothing early in the second quarter, it only takes one or two goals from the opposition for them to suddenly realise they're still well in the game.

They lift and it's then a dogfight for the rest of the game.

Eventually you win the dogfight, but what you'd give for a stress-free regulation win when you're a West supporter.

That takes nothing away from a fighting Port outfit and this is written from a one-eyed West point of view, but I think it's reasonable to say West were comfortably the better team. Last week they certainly were, but lost. This week they again were, and nearly lost.

They won, though and it's an important two points, maintaining their third position.

Scott Bricknell was superb on a back flank, getting plenty of the ball and providing run and carry. Young Crow's prospect Brad Crouch had 12 ball-gets and was terrific, while Chris Schmidt, although tagged by Young, was a good player all day. The defence was again superb, with Bricknell being well supported by a dominant Ryan Ferguson, who seems to be back to his normal excellence, Joel Tippett and Daniel Caire, while late call-up Logan Hill played his best game for the season.

Shane Birss tagged Dolling on a forward flank and cut him out of the game, while Webb and Willits rucked well and West won the clearances until the last quarter.

Brad Fisher kicked straight and made the most of his opportunities, something his teammates found a difficult concept to grasp.

Once again, after getting the best of the umpiring for the first 15 minutes, West found themselves on the wrong end of the critical decisions, finishing with an 11 - 19 deficit.

Alberton Oval was in good nick considering the weather and West will be relieved to come away with the points.

Last edited by redandblack on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BloodnTars Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Any win is a good win at Alberton.

Was worried before the game that Port might come out fired up being on the bottom (for a rare time) and all but it didn't eventuate.

Thought Schmidt was our best again followed by Fergy, Tippett, Crouch, Birss, Bricknell and Brad Fisher.

Couldn't believe that Port didn't put Dolling onto the ball as he was getting absolutely thrashed by Birss. Harder is a gun and I doubt he'll be in magpie colours next year. Beard easily Port's best imo

Sad to see Clayton trying to belt blokes instead of winning the footy as I think on his day he is the best player in the competition.

Was a very poor crowd too. Lucky to be 1500 there. I know we only have a small following but Port were sprouting to have 7000 members last year. Where are they when their side needs them most. Couldn't have all gone to Geelong.

BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 pm

For those interested, here are the scores and goalkickers from both the league and reserves:

League:

Port 0.2 3.4 5.4 5.6 (36)
West 2.2 3.4 6.4 8.5 (53)

Goals
Port: Mercer 3, Johncock, Harder.
West: Brad Fisher 4, Willits 2, Silverlock, Webb.

Reserves:

Port 3.2 6.3 8.9 11.12 (78)
West 1.2 3.6 8.7 13.10 (88)

Goals
Port: Haren 3, L Wilson 2, Stanley, McKenzie, Carr, Reynolds, Graetz, Keeley.
West: Westhoff, Keough 3, N Caruso 2, Nelson. Newton, Anderson, Minuzzo, Wong.

BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

i should have added i thought Bricknell was clearly the best player on the ground

who also thinks the mark that wasn't given to Ferguson (i think) which ended up being a Johncock free for holding the ball & Johncock kicked the major, well the goal umpire said he did but i & the others around me that were standing in front of the 'Power' clubrooms & right in line behind Johncock were convinced it was a point....i'd love to see the replay because i'm convinced it was a mark in the first place
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

That was about the only holding the ball decision all day, Bayman.

Right in front of Port's goal.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Yep, Ferguson tried to claim a mark that was clearly touched by a Port player, and when he was tackled, made no legitimate effort to get rid of the ball. Clearly the correct decision.

The only poor free kick I saw today was one to Mercer who flew awkwardly for a mark, his West oppoent just holding his ground, and because Mercer crashed heavily to the ground, the West player was penalised for tunneling. That was a terrible decision. Apart from that, I had no problems with the umpiring.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

I was wrong about the 19 - 11 free kick count.

Champion Data's official figure was 19 - 10.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 pm

waddayamean wrote:On TV it looked a clear goal and was not a mark , clearly touched first.

fair enough the mark but the goal i think not from my angle
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 pm

redandblack wrote:I was wrong about the 19 - 11 free kick count.

Champion Data's official figure was 19 - 10.

what makes you think your wrong R&B ? why couldn't CD be wrong ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Bayman, I bow to your undoubted genius Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Round 14: Port v West - Saturday 30 June @ Alberton Oval 1707509332 lol! lol!
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

What the game over? who won? I was so bored I fell asleep through it! lol!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum