Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval

+4
UncleHuey
Scrappy
Brucetiki
spell_check
8 posters

Go down

Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval Empty Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Centrals (5th 3-3 55.15%) v Adelaide (2nd 5-1 58.88%)
Saturday 21 May
My Money House Oval

Reserves (Centrals v Norwood): 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

For the first time ever, Adelaide's SANFL side will be playing at the same time as the AFL side (give or take half an hour). Will this be a distraction for Adelaide that Centrals can capitalise on?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval

Post by spell_check Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Brucetiki wrote:For the first time ever, Adelaide's SANFL side will be playing at the same time as the AFL side (give or take half an hour)

How ever was that overlooked? Razz

spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money House Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Adelaide by lots. Having both Crouch brothers in the team gives them an AFL midfield with a lot of class and run. This could get ugly for the Dogs and a 10 goal win wouldn't surprise.

Playing at the same time as the AFL team means that there will probably be less then 50 Crow supporters there, somewhat short of the 4,000 predicted.Rolling Eyes
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Fantastic game by Centrals today in one of the upsets of the season. It was as if the Crows had watched Centrals second quarter against Glenelg last week, and expected Centrals to play like that all game. They were so arrogant they demanded the Centrals v Norwood Reserves match start 15 minutes earlier so they could have a longer pre-game warm up - and it bit them on the backside.

Adelaide turned up completely unprepared, and the Dogs cashed in on it, Adelaide embarrassingly being outscored with the breeze in the second quarter. Centrals cashed in on this in the 2nd quarter to take a 23 point lead going into half time.

Adelaide responded with the breeze in the third quarter, and in a see-sawing contest for the third, reduced the lead back to 5 by 3 quarter time.

Centrals then started sensationally in the last quarter, where Caleb Edmead slammed home 3 goals, and Centrals went to town, as Adelaide capitulated.

In the end, a great win for Centrals, plus the Reserves inflicted Norwood's first loss for the season, so it was a great day for Doggies fans at Elizabeth today.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 pm

This was a very entertaining game of football

Just a few players I noticed
Kyle Elvis Presbury is a sensational player
Jansen is a star
Barmby was brilliant
Grigg played well
Crouch is too good for this comp

Coach Laird is doing remarkable things with his very under rated team
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon May 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Big result for Centrals, did not see that coming.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 pm

waddayamean wrote:Great result for Centrals.

Why did Central and Norwood agree to the earlier game . Just say no.

You seriously think a club(s) can just say "No" to the league fixture? Laughing
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon May 23, 2016 8:42 pm

You can to moving the starting time. Eagles did for the kids carnival.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 24, 2016 12:07 am

I thought the "send off" the crow players got at the end of the match was deplorable, while I agree with the sentiments I think it is unfair to single out the players who are only doing & playing where they are told too, if anyone wants to have a crack, then have a crack at their hierarchy, especially Chapman, the hierarchy deserve it the players who are employees do not deserve it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue May 24, 2016 9:04 am

The inserting of extra reserves games before a Crows match is to avoid the situation where the Reserves have 7 byes during the season playing just 14 games.

It will happen July 23 at Woodville with the Port Magpies Academy and Crows SANFL side will be sharing changerooms.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down