Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.

3 posters

Go down

Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.  Empty Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:34 pm

An interesting article on 'The Roar' today, the suggestion being that it is time to cut the also ran sides out of the AFL and reduce it down to 12 teams and to work towards improving the quality of the SANFL and other state leagues rather than having dead rubber matches in the AFL each week as is the current situation. Clearly it won't ever get a hearing, but the intent of the author in the article including putting his own side up for criticism makes for an interesting read!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/03/15/forget-expansion-cut-afl-12-teams/
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.  Empty Re: Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.

Post by bayman Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm

link doesn't work for me, so i'll say

two letters say why it will never happen..............T V

but your right there are players on lists not up to ''afl standard''

the player pool is drained at all levels because of the extra teams & the overall PRODUCT suffers
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.  Empty Re: Cut the number of teams in the AFL and improve the quality of the State Leagues.

Post by countrycousin Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:15 pm

bayman wrote:link doesn't work for me, so i'll say

two letters say why it will never happen..............T V

but your right there are players on lists not up to ''afl standard''

the player pool is drained at all levels because of the extra teams & the overall PRODUCT suffers

You're right it won't happen. It's all about the TV spectacle. What they're more likely to do is drain the state leagues even further. Only a matter of time before they go down the road of mid season drafts, leasing players and all that sort of rubbish that goes on overseas, in soccer. Anything to keep evening up, and cutting out so called dead rubbers etc.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down