Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.

+4
Booney
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Southee
bayman
8 posters

Go down

Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.  Empty Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.

Post by Ben W Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:24 am

Not surprisingly the managment of the North Adelaide FC have been out to see Brenton Phillips to see if he is interested in coaching North Adelaide next season. He has let them know that he has no interest at all in the position and has given them some names to go follow up on...

I wonder if Ron Fuller will be getting a call?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/brenton-sticks-phillips-says-no-to-coaching-north-but-his-views-on-who-should-are-being-respected/story-fnaqgujp-1227488616521
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.  Empty Re: Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.

Post by bayman Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:43 pm

i'm not sure he'll be interested in the job but i believe Stuart Dew will be or has had a call from Menzies' Avenue
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.  Empty Re: Brenton Phillips turns down the Senior Coaching role at North Adelaide.

Post by Southee Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Ben W wrote:Not surprisingly the managment of the North Adelaide FC have been out to see Brenton Phillips to see if he is interested in coaching North Adelaide next season. He has let them know that he has no interest at all in the position and has given them some names to go follow up on...

I wonder if Ron Fuller will be getting a call?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/brenton-sticks-phillips-says-no-to-coaching-north-but-his-views-on-who-should-are-being-respected/story-fnaqgujp-1227488616521

Sturt for Ron next year ????
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 am

bayman wrote:i'm not sure he'll be interested in the job but i believe Stuart Dew will be or has had a call from Menzies' Avenue

That's an interesting one.
Stewy has been in an assistant's gig for quite a while now.
If he is serious about coaching as a long term career, he probably needs to be in charge somewhere fairly soon.
Whether North is the right fit for that, I doubt. But he is a constant named in dispatches whenever a vacancy comes up, so I think he needs a senior gig soon even if it is in the NEAFL or somewhere other than the AFL.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 am

That would be the AFL's fault.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Rumour has it that they want the new coach to be announced prior to the SANFL Grand Final, not sure why they cant wait any longer but that is where they are heading.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:36 pm

CROWS development coach Tate Kaesler has emerged as a frontrunner for the North Adelaide coaching job.

Kaesler — a former North and Sturt player — met with Roosters chief executive Greg Edwards last week and is understood to be the club’s new No. 1 target after SANFL talent manager and under-18 coach Brenton Phillips knocked back the chance to coach his former club.

Dual Norwood premiership player Garry McIntosh, who is currently coaching SAAFL club Payneham, Crows SANFL coach Heath Younie and nine-times Central District premiership midfielder Chris Gowans have also been sounded out for the North job
But Younie and Gowans have already ruled themselves out of contention.
Stand-in North coach Michael Handby, who replaced Ken McGregor after round nine, said on Saturday that he is “unlikely to apply for it’’.

“I think football’s about timing and it’s probably not the right time for me,’’ said Handby, who has a 0-8 win-loss record since stepping up from an assistant’s role into the main job.

“(Senior coaching) has happened a lot quicker for me, I’m only 32 but I do think I can do the job.

“The club is probably looking for a fresh start in terms of a new coach coming in but I have time on my side.’’

Kaesler, 35, has been at Adelaide since 2009 and currently holds the position of forward development coach.

A winner of three SANFL reserves premierships as a player, he is highly respected for his teaching ability and is understood to have senior coaching aspirations.

After retiring as a player in 2007, Kaesler served as an assistant coach for the SA under-20 team in 2008 before joining Adelaide’s coaching ranks.

Those close to Kaesler say he has to decide whether he wants to stay in the AFL system or take the chance of improving his credentials by successfully leading a SANFL club in his own right.

Kaesler is understood to have the support of North champion Darren Jarman, who currently works as an assistant with the club’s under-18s.

North hopes to announce its new coach before the SANFL grand final.

Edwards was unavailable for comment yesterday but last week told The Advertiser the Roosters were hunting a coach who could create an era of success at Prospect and that it did not matter if the best-credentialed person had no previous senior coaching experience.

The Roosters have hit rock bottom, having won just one game this season with one round to play.

Originally published as Roosters could be Crowing
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by wouldhe Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Do we know if any of the current North Adelaide assistant coaches have applied for the role as yet? Darren Mead has been there for a while and I believe won a reserves premiership with Port Adelaide as a head coach.
wouldhe
wouldhe

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Will it be a homecoming of sorts, from someone not mentioned in the above article?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:22 pm

eartotheground wrote:Will it be a homecoming of sorts, from someone not mentioned in the above article?
Rick Macgowan?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down