+5
spell_check
bayman
lachlan
Ben W
Big Phil
9 posters

Go down

Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide Empty Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Post by Big Phil Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:13 pm

From the Panthers...

SAFC wrote:

[size=150]MEDIA RELEASE[/size]

The South Adelaide Football Club is delighted to announce the full-time appointment of Brad Gotch
as our new Senior Coach.

Brad brings to South Adelaide a wealth of Assistant and Development Coaching experience at AFL
level and Senior Coaching experience at State League Level. Brad has coached clubs to premiership
success on multiple occasions and has an enviable record of sustained finals success in multiple
environments.

Most recently, Brad has been the Port Adelaide Football Club’s full-time Opposition Analyst based in
Melbourne and has supported Ken Hinkley and Alan Richardson to counter opposition trends in play
through the Power’s strong performance in 2013.

Brad was Assistant Coach at Collingwood from 2000 to 2007 and was Senior Coach for their
alignment club – Williamstown FC from 2002 to 2007. Brad continued in that role as the alignment
for Williamstown changed to the Western Bulldogs in 2008. Brad held significant development
coaching roles with the Western Bulldogs FC and the Melbourne FC whilst being the Senior Coach of
their respective VFL sides before joining the Port Adelaide Football Club in 2012 as Assistant Coach in
charge of their Backline.

In these coaching roles Brad worked closely with respected mentors including Mick Malthouse and
Rodney Eade along with many other high quality coaches that have influenced Brad’s coaching style.
Brad’s understanding of the contemporary and modern game together with his ability to educate
and develop our players to adopt more elements of the modern game will take South Adelaide’s
football to a new level.

Brad’s understanding of how to counter more progressive opposition game styles with the
introduction of the two AFL teams into the competition from 2014 will be a huge asset to the South
Adelaide Football Club.

With experience in senior coaching at TAC U18 Cup level and coaching stand alone clubs in
Dandenong FC and Springvale FC, Brad also has a thorough understanding of developing players and
junior talent and will work closely with Tony Bamford in nurturing the elite talent from our zone.

Brad was successful through an exhaustive search and selection process and stood out from a high
calibre field of candidates impressing the selection panel which included Brian Cunningham and
Adelaide Football Club Coach, Matthew Clarke.

Brad has been appointed for a two year term. We welcome Brad to the South Adelaide Football Club
and are very excited about season 2014 and beyond.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide Empty Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Post by Ben W Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Sounds like South might have done reasonably well there one might think!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide Empty Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Post by lachlan Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:33 pm

I think that is a very good appointment. His experience and knowledge is excellent.
I wonder what the offer was to get him away from the AFL
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm

lachlan wrote:I think that is a very good appointment. His experience and knowledge is excellent.
I don't think that his role with the Power was that intensive or high paying...

I think he just scouted the opposition, based in Melbourne, for Port Adelaide...

When was the last time we had a Father coach his Son (Xavier) in the SANFL at League level?

I know Grant Coffee coached son Jared at Central in the Under 18's a few season's back...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Big Phil

It was a full time gig with Port and he relocated back to Melbourne also for family reasons.

I say well done To the South board on their appt
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:38 pm

didn't see that one coming, but i'd suggest it is a very intelligent choice
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:44 pm

lachlan wrote:Big Phil

It was a full time gig with Port and he relocated back to Melbourne also for family reasons.

I say well done To the South board on their appt
yeah, fair enough it was a full time gig but I'm not sure his wage would have been a massive expense for the Power...

I'd suspect he is going to probably earn more coaching South full time, perhaps?

Agree, it is a great appointment...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Big Phil wrote:
lachlan wrote:I think that is a very good appointment. His experience and knowledge is excellent.
I don't think that his role with the Power was that intensive or high paying...

I think he just scouted the opposition, based in Melbourne, for Port Adelaide...

When was the last time we had a Father coach his Son (Xavier) in the SANFL at League level?

I know Grant Coffee coached son Jared at Central in the Under 18's a few season's back...
Probably Michael and Tim Nunan.

Sounds like another coach to bring more negative tactics into the competition.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 pm

He played 11 matches for Port in 1985 and kicked 25.17
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 pm

I played for a club and was coached by my father for a few years... Let me tell you ... It's hard work !!!Laughing 
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:43 pm

spell_check wrote:Probably Michael and Tim Nunan.  
And before that, Kevin Higgins and whatever his son is called Shocked 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Amazing that out of all the speculation about who might get this job, no one had (or posted) the inside running on it.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Amazing that out of all the speculation about who might get this job, no one had (or posted) the inside running on it.
Wink

Or just wanted to keep the cards held to the chest Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 am

A good board and selection panel keeps their cards close to their chest.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down