bayman
ca
the prowler
blueandwhite
Lee
Big Phil
10 posters

Go down

Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood Empty Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Press Release from Norwood...

Norwood Football Club wrote:

NORWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB MEDIA RELEASE
Monday 4th November 2013

New Senior Coach – Ben Warren

The Norwood Football Club is proud to announce Ben Warren as newly appointed Senior Coach for the next three years.

The NFC Board determined criteria immediately pointed to a Coach who would build upon the Nathan Bassett legacy.

Ben epitomises the values that Norwood require of our next coach –
A Norwood person, who knows how to achieve premiership success, has the trust of the playing group, will be honest and straightforward in his approach and is determined to build on the successful game plan established here at Norwood.

Ben recently retired after a distinguished career playing 231 games for South Adelaide, Norwood & the State. He kicked 465 goals, was captain of the South Adelaide football club in 2010 & played a pivotal part in Norwood’s back to back premiership teams in 2012/13.

Ben made the following statement today:

“I am really excited and honoured to be given the opportunity to start my coaching career at the Norwood football club.

The club has made it pretty clear they wish to build on the foundations that Nathan and the football department have set over the last 4 years.

Having played with the group the last two seasons I know how determined they are to keep us at top end of the competition.

The playing group is continually looking to get better, extremely professional and I know they will help me make the transition from player to coach“.

The club is determined to support Ben and his team by continuing to provide a quality Coaching and playing environment and look forward to a successful 2014.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood Empty Re: Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Interesting choice...

I wish Dugga all the best in his new role...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood Empty Re: Ben Warren appointed coach of Norwood

Post by Lee Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Life changes for some. I bet Ben wouldn't have thought a couple of years ago he'd win 2 premierships and coch Norwood.

Congratulations to hom.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Congratulations to Ben.
Certainly one of the nicest blokes I've ever met, and I wish him all the best of luck.
How things have turned in the last 3 years for Dugga.... a crowd favourite in his time at Noarlunga, told he was surplus to requirements -left..went back to Langhorne Creek and won a flag; then dragged out of retirement by Norwood, plays in 2 flags and now a league coach.
I wonder if Ron Fuller would be available for a comment.Rolling Eyes 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Err,...Ron Fuller here, your pulling my leg aren't you!!!
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Certainly a risky choice, I think Ben can do the job well but time will tell. Such a large turnover of players there might be only seven or eight premiership players left.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:35 pm

good luck to Ben, a nice person & when i heard the news i text one of his mates & the reply was ''my brother just text me & told me, i can't believe it, i was with him on Saturday & he never let on & have seen him most weeks, even 2 weeks ago he was 99% certain of playing at Langhorne Creek''

i doubt Ron Fuller will get a gig as an assistant Razz
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 am

Couldn't believe it when I heard it on the news last night.

Great bloke, always makes time to say g'day to me when I'm around the Creek even though I'm just the brother of a couple of his ex team mates.

Definitely wish him all the best.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 am

Is Warren from Langhorne Creek originally?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:19 am

Born and bred.

Was talk of the pub when I was down there last night. Very tight knit community and no doubt they are very proud of his efforts and his appointment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Andrew McLeod appointed Reserves coach of Norwood...

Will be a very good, experienced head in the coaches box for Ben Warren...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-legend-andrew-mcleod-to-coach-norwood-reserves-team-in-sanfl/story-fnii057l-1226760078262
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Big Phil wrote:Andrew McLeod appointed Reserves coach of Norwood...

Will be a very good, experienced head in the coaches box for Ben Warren...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-legend-andrew-mcleod-to-coach-norwood-reserves-team-in-sanfl/story-fnii057l-1226760078262
if Ben doesn't succeed could this be insurance by having a succession plan ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Im not really sure on what he is like as a coach but I think just having a player with his record and reputation around the club would be good.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by SANFL FOREVER Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Bump:

All that was wrong at the NFC has just stood down from the NFC Presidency

Watched him say one thing to the Membership of the NFC on 3 separate issues and then do the opposite at the moment of real truth. Will give him credit for getting the books back in order and supporting Bass in streamlining coaches and support staff into the strong backbone of the club it is today.

This is Great news, I will go down tomorrow and renew  my membership.  Very Happy 
SANFL FOREVER
SANFL FOREVER

Teams : Norwood, Melbourne & Seaton Ramblers
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 pm

i presume you mean Joe Tripodi.........when he voted YES after saying he'd vote NO believe me, sadly he was 'cornered' into it
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:07 pm

SANFL FOREVER wrote:Bump:

All that was wrong at the NFC has just stood down from the NFC Presidency

Watched him say one thing to the Membership of the NFC on 3 separate issues and then do the opposite at the moment of real truth. Will give him credit for getting the books back in order and supporting Bass in streamlining coaches and support staff into the strong backbone of the club it is today.

This is Great news, I will go down tomorrow and renew  my membership.  Very Happy 

You win the last 2 premierships and you weren't decided whether to renew your membership  scratch 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by SANFL FOREVER Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 pm

That, is correct.

I love Norwood, but on principle I didn't like the direction he took on those 3 issues and decided to stand aside my membership until he was no longer in power.

SANFL FOREVER
SANFL FOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 pm

SANFL FOREVER wrote:That, is correct.

I love Norwood, but on principle I didn't like the direction he took on those 3 issues and decided to stand aside my membership until he was no longer in power.

So you like the AFL infiltrating the SANFL, as an SANFL supporter for over 40 years how could you possibly agree with them coming in to this great comp. and  sullying it.

What were the other 2 issues ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by SANFL FOREVER Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

All 3 issues we're say one thing to appease the membership then find out the truth after the event

I love the NFC I stood out of my membership in those Premiership years awaiting the moving on of the person concerned. IT was my only coarse of protest action and I am no band wagoner.

As for the SANFL/SANFL/AFL. It was/is inevitable!

I don't like it one iota but I will always go the the NFL games, like everyone else I know I would have preferred no Magpies/Crows or an acceptable other was that they played in our seconds comp, more appropriate when we know both sides will not treat the SANFL League comp with integrity, The Power have already shown they are happy to do things against their agreement for the year.

If they do not behave they can be kicked out at the end of each season.

I also believe they will be gone once the AFL decide on a National seconds comp of their own

SANFL FOREVER
SANFL FOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes it makes no sense to me that the B Grade sides of the 2 AFL clubs are playing in our League comp. Like you I feel they should have only been allowed into our B Grade comp.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down