blueandwhite
The Hatchet
Paul
Aceman
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 pm

South were competitive but ultimately came up short against Adelaide last week, while West had a big win over Sturt last time they played. Will South tighten their grip on a finals birth with a win, or will West keep the finals race open?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Westies' by 3 or 4 goals running away after a tight first three quarters
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 17: South v West - Saturday 15 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:44 am

South Adelaide are playing for a place in the finals, I think South will get up this week, South by 18pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm

South will dig deep and win this one by a couple of goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Could be a close one, South looking to have their spot in the top 5 cemented in place.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:29 pm

A little concerned re our growing injury list...from Saturdays game..
Overall- Jaw- TBA
Rankine- Hamstring-TBA
Kerin- TBA

have to win this one though, got to find a way..Panthers by 17pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Think we might be in trouble here ....

Injury list growing to epic proportions !!!

Heart says South by under 2 goals .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 pm

West going along nicely, comfortable 20-30 point win
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:51 pm

South by 4 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:02 pm

West by 5 goals
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:14 am

apparently not on radio, but SANFL audio stream only. Glenelg v Port being live video stream.

seems strange that a match between two teams in five only gets streaming but a match not having a lot of finals impact gets video, wonder how that decided.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:17 am

Who decides what games are broadcast or streamed?

The SANFL I presume?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 am

South have been smashed by injuries, smashed by the stinking Advertiser, but will find a way to get up in this one. Very Happy
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

West to get up
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 pm

With Port down at the moment, tomorrow looms as a big game for us and our top 3 aspirations.

Side looks settled and good to have players like Ezard, Helbig, Webb, etc knocking on the door if a few of the guys don't perform to expectations over the course of the next 3 games.

South have been hit by injury but still have enough quality to get a result.

West by 14 points.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

blueandwhite wrote:South have been smashed by injuries, smashed by the stinking Advertiser, but will find a way to get up in this one. Very Happy

Weakest side of the year for us due to injuries. Just hope the new guys stand up as they have been given a chance to prove themselves.

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Great game of footy by South Adelaide today, the lads needed to stand up today and did an awesome job!

South Adelaide: 13.9 - 87
def
West Adelaide: 9.10 - 64
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:57 pm

i thought while South did what they had to do & was up for the contest i though West were lackluster & there seemed to be ''no spark'' today

percentage wise did South make an error in bottling up the ball in the last quarter ? probably not given the ladder but then there is always a chance that other games could go for you or against you

South playing with a lot of heart & passion
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:09 pm

West were really poor and South fully deserved their win, overcoming a lot of difficulties.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:17 pm

Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:South have been smashed by injuries, smashed by the stinking Advertiser, but will find a way to get up in this one. Very Happy

Weakest side of the year for us due to injuries.  Just hope the new guys stand up as they have been given a chance to prove themselves.

...and they did not let me down today !!!

Great fighting win.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Well Down South
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:40 pm

i must say some of the umpiring decisions & non decisions today both ways were baffling to say the least, also & this is happening more regularly the umpires are falling for blokes falling over & yelling ''aahhhooohhh'' as if they'd be shot & haven't even been touched
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Have to agree bayman, today's umpiring was very bloody ordinary to say the least. Not sure what the free kick count, either way was and it has never really bothered me altogether that much. The umpires are confusing for the players, the coaches and defiantly for the spectators. One of the umpires, I think it was the bloke with a green top and a whistle had no understanding of protecting a players head, jumping early in a marking contest and making no contact with the ball I can name a few more rules that are ignored or preferred not to be noticed.

When an umpire knows that to be in a perfect position of going out 25meters from a pack forming, running a semi circle, then blow his whistle for a ball up, then he is not being coached properly by whoever is in charge of the umpiring. I think it is a terrible part of our game when the umpires handle the ball more than the players do.

All that aside, it is not only the loosing side that gets a rough deal, it is both sides, so I guess that makes it even.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down