rocket_rooster
blueandwhite
Big Phil
Southee
Country Cock !
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:35 pm

North (9th 4-12 47.14%) v South (2nd 12-4 55.86%)
Saturday 13 August
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

North season continued to unravel last week, while South confirmed a top 3 spot. Will North find a way to notch up a win, or will South see North's season continue to go downhill.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Come on u Cocks Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval 3349184707
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 20: North v South - Saturday 13 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Panthers may rest a couple with a few niggles for this one.
.but Im tipping them to continue on their march towards their first flag in 52 years... by 26 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:05 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Panthers may rest a couple with a few niggles for this one.
.but Im tipping them to continue on their march towards their first flag in 52 years... by 26 pts.

surely they wont rest Joel Cross with the black eye he's got ?

South by over 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:41 am

bayman wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:Panthers may rest a couple with a few niggles for this one.

surely they wont rest Joel Cross with the black eye he's got ?

South by over 5 goals

he usually wears one of those every week from his tagger,... I was referring to a couple of others actually..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Yep, few outs with some niggles .... But the players coming in will be firing to prove themselves to be selected come finals time.

South by 4 goals.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Southee wrote:Yep, few outs with some niggles .... But the players coming in will be firing to prove themselves to be selected come finals time.

South by 4 goals.

hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, but one of those niggles just ended up in a knee reconstruction. What a Face What a Face Shocked Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Shattered !!!! Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:26 am

blueandwhite wrote:
Southee wrote:Yep, few outs with some niggles .... But the players coming in will be firing to prove themselves to be selected come finals time.

South by 4 goals.

hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, but one of those niggles just ended up in a knee reconstruction. What a Face What a Face Shocked Shocked

Terrible news for Jake Veide and South Adelaide...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:10 pm

That is bad news, terrible luck for both Jack and South.

Panthers will win this one by upwards of 5 goals. They will want to try to lock in a top 2 spot and a big win here will help.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 pm

A pretty competitive first half in which north had clearly come to play. Their pressure harassed South into some terrible errors, which enabled them to hit the scoreboard often. North were in front marginally at halftime by 4 pts.
Gotch was clearly unimpressed with Souths first half and he obviously got his message across at the long break.After halftime South completely dominated the game, Eddy kicked 7- some from extraordinary angles and Haren kicked 3. Best for South I thought were Rose and Crabb and Rankines 2nd half was excellent.A serious facial injury to Jackson McMahon the only major injury concern.
A week off before we play the Cows at home -a match to see if we can end the season winning all of our Home matches.
The Panthers are the real deal. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:37 pm

I haven't seen enough of North to know the form of some of the players but I was amazed to see Hender, Shannon, Amato (unless he was working under his car again) & Theile named in the reserves, has their form been that poor ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:07 pm

bayman wrote:I haven't seen enough of North to know the form of some of the players but I was amazed to see Hender, Shannon, Amato (unless he was working under his car again) & Theile named in the reserves, has their form been that poor ?
In a word yes. Amato got 1 kick in the recent match against Norwood and has been terrible virtually all year, Hender lost form completely, Thiele has had issues outside of football and I don't think that Shannon has fully recovered from his injuries that impacted upon him so badly last year.
Also once North couldn't make the five I would suggest that Carr has been experimenting with the team, promoting juniors.
Another impact on North's season has been the complete loss of form of Barns. He was outstanding until the Glenelg game at the Bay. He copped a leg injury late in that game. He hasn't missed any games but he hasn't looked like it since that game
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:08 pm

bayman wrote:I haven't seen enough of North to know the form of some of the players but I was amazed to see Hender, Shannon, Amato (unless he was working under his car again) & Theile named in the reserves, has their form been that poor ?
In a word yes. Amato got 1 kick in the recent match against Norwood and has been terrible virtually all year, Hender lost form completely, Thiele has had issues outside of football and I don't think that Shannon has fully recovered from his injuries that impacted upon him so badly last year.
Also once North couldn't make the five I would suggest that Carr has been experimenting with the team, promoting juniors.
Another impact on North's season has been the complete loss of form of Barns. He was outstanding until the Glenelg game at the Bay. He copped a leg injury late in that game. He hasn't missed any games but he hasn't looked like it since that game
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks rr & fair enough then, it just surprised me, players can't be gifted games regardless of "names"
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:45 pm

waddayamean wrote:Why Hender Bayman ?

last i knew (which was a while ago) he was playing well & kicking goals & i rate him as a footballer
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:48 am

bayman wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Why Hender Bayman ?

last i knew (which was a while ago) he was playing well & kicking goals & i rate him as a footballer

From what I have seen of Hender:
If he played 4 quarters of football at the best of his ability he would be AFL potential
He has exceptional talent
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Hender has flashes of pure brilliance and then goes missing for huge periods. He was like that at the Bay for his last season after he had a knee reconstruction. Before he did his knee he was more consistent and a regular, dashing game winner. I wonder if it is affecting him either physically or mentally.

Big win for the Panthers, I would rate them the equal of the Eagles and just ahead of Sturt for the flag.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down