robranisgod
Lee
Mongrel Punter
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:42 am

Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval North V Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval Glenelg_logo

Saturday 4 August
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

North are coming off a solid win over West while Glenelg are coming off another loss to Centrals. With this being a potential preview of the Elimination Final, which side will take the psychological advantage should this be the case?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:05 pm

North at home IMO. Roosters by 16-30 points.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 19: North v Glenelg - Saturday 4 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm

bays by enough !!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:30 pm

The Roosters have proved that they don't need Jimmy Allan to win a game. Last week's game against West, who wanted to play their defensive zone game and failed, was testament to the ability of the Roosters to stand up and be counted. Dalwood, with the aid of Miles, quelled the dangerous Fisher, Shannon gets better each game as he slots into the Rooster game plan, Max Thring's head over the ball and tagging role, Clisby's run - all lesser lights who are doing the team things. The loss of G Thring with a knee injury will hurt, but it just allows another player to show what he has. Thompson's loss through the severely flawed citation and tribunal system will also hurt, thankfully now only 1 game due to an appeal after an SANFL error. But the defence is standing tall, and the runners are running. The clue to this week's result is how North perform in the first 10 minutes - if they are on, the game is theirs. It's also at home against a team below them. Can they win 2 weeks in a row at home? Can they finally beat a team below them? The Roosters can smell finals. If they win this game it is almost assured, and third position is not out of the question. Roosters by 20 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

North Adelaide
F: Amato, Alleway, Mayes
HF: Ryswyk, Johnston, Clinch
C: Thiele, Bennett, Connors
HB: Clisby, Miles, Gallman
B: Keller, Dalwood, Ivens
R: Currie, Shannon, M. Thring
Int: J. Craig, Armstrong, Kangur, Hill
In: Amato, Connors, Armstrong, Kangur, Hill
Out: G. Thring (knee), Thompson (suspended), Blee (Power), Makins

Glenelg
F: Allen, Lynch, Pitt
HF: Lyons, Kirkby, Davenport
C: Hitchcock, Tenace, Kennedy
HB: Scharenberg, McGinty, Lally
B: Edwards, Rudolph, Mules
R: Button, Bradley, Holmes
Int: Proud, Milne, Agnew, Gill
In: Edwards, Lynch, Gill, Proud
Out: Trembath, Kirk, Earl
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 pm

we look short in defence, Kirk out is a mistake, whoever gets the 'match ups' on Thiele & Ryswyck must stay on them as they are the 2 players North go to to get it into their forward lines, Thiele by his big accurate LEFT FOOTERS & Ryswyck with his run, carry & excellent foot passes, if they get nullified we'll win.......i was told by a North contact that they beat West with their legspeed & run & carry...he also told me that Port beat them because they went physical & the younger players didn't know how to handle it & were intimidated, perhaps a bit of that early on will unsettle them, anyway i have belief that we'll win this week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Gee, MP, there's a lot of talk coming out of North about how the beat West. Shocked

West did lose three players before the game and the weren't slouches - Ezard, Caire and Caruso.

I have a theory (I think I posted it?), that a side who loses their gun player (Allan), lifts for the first game without them, then struggles.

We'll see how that stands up.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

bayman wrote: Thiele by his big accurate LEFT FOOTERS

You see a different Thiele to me. I think that his disposal is the worst part of his game
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

robranisgod wrote:

You see a different Thiele to me. I think that his disposal is the worst part of his game

i'm talking about his passing (almost always puts it in the right spot for Alleway & co) not necessarily his shots at goal..............................anyone know his % of accuracy when passing ? i'll bet it is higher than RIG thinks, mind you i only see some of his games
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 pm

bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

i'm talking about his passing (almost always puts it in the right spot for Alleway & co) not necessarily his shots at goal..............................anyone know his % of accuracy when passing ? i'll bet it is higher than RIG thinks, mind you i only see some of his games

His passing is terrible. He is the king of the turnovers. North supporters cringe at his use of the ball.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 pm

robranisgod wrote:
bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

His passing is terrible. He is the king of the turnovers. North supporters cringe at his use of the ball.

i've must have seen him only on good days then apart from the day he kicked something like 5 points in the last term to give Glenelg a win he almost always does the right kick...anyway we agree to disagree
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 pm

bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

i've must have seen him only on good days then apart from the day he kicked something like 5 points in the last term to give Glenelg a win he almost always does the right kick...anyway we agree to disagree

You certainly haven't seen much of him if you think he is a good pass. He can't weight a ball. It is usually too short or too high, never, ever well weighted
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheTiger Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 pm

The Alleyway match up for Glenelg will be interesting. As the teams line up McGinty has got the gig. And for a back up plan we have?

Kirk is very unlucky I believe. He always give 110% but was beaten last week.
EyeOfTheTiger
EyeOfTheTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

EyeOfTheTiger wrote:The Alleyway match up for Glenelg will be interesting. As the teams line up McGinty has got the gig. And for a back up plan we have?

Kirk is very unlucky I believe. He always give 110% but was beaten last week.
Rudolph?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

North by 17 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:32 pm

way too good were North today

i thought we lacked endeavour, intensity, desperation, spark & committment among many other missing attributes

i can handle losing

i can handle losing by big margins

i can handle & understand the fact that they're basically a young team & there was always going to be ups & downs (this time next year will be more crucial on the way it's going)

BUT i can't handle players just roaming around without a care in the world, not chasing, not tackling, not trying intimidation or something that may've caused a spark & to at least look interested

interesting to notice the president & the coach having 'a discussion' after the match

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 am

bayman wrote:interesting to notice the president & the coach having 'a discussion' after the match

I think you'll find Presidents and Coaches talk all the time, not just after losses Smile

If you will allow me an observation about Glenelg, based on matches I have seen this season, I haven't seen a worse side than Glenelg. I always seem to catch them at their worst, against Norwood, Central and North yesterday.

However, it is so ovbious they have a team of kids, and I think they have done well to be putting their hand up for a spot in the top 5. I think Glenelg are possibly quite comfortable with where they are at this point in time.

I've been expecting North to come good all season, and they are starting to play the way I've expected. If they can somehow squeeze into the top 3 (which is unlikely at this time), they could cause a headache or two for more fancied teams.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 am

I believe that the coach and the current playing group are heading in the right direction.

There were a few interesting selection issues heading into this week. Not sure whether it was all related to form or off-field issues.

The kids just need to a pre-season of weights and a heavily based skills based pre-season.

The gameplan, it needs to be reverted back to something simple.

But given the introduction of the new AFL teams, it will be harder to keep the kids you have developed and also the new vogue of AFL clubs recruiting the mature age players the team squads will change dramatically from season to season.
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Glenelg have had an outstanding junior system for as long as I can remember. However, the cream of the crop will more than likely get drafted to AFL, leaving the so-called 'second tier' of players to represent at SANFL level, providing there is enough spots in the senior sides.

A season under a first year coach who wants to implement a few new things is always going to be tough, but IMO The Emperor is spot on with his post. A few years of weights and a couple of seasons of experience at 1st grade level and these kids will produce. Of course they need some experience and leadership around them too. Just hope that your club has the right type of players!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum