Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

+3
Cambridge Clarrie
goddy11
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 pm

South (2nd 13-4 56.36%) v Adelaide (4th 11-6 54.98%)
Saturday 27 August
Hickinbotham Oval

League: 2:10pm

Both sides will be heading into the finals series - South for the second time in three years, while Adelaide will be making their maiden SANFL finals appearance.  Who will go into the major round in winning form?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:05 am

Reckon this might be a bruise free footy match, South at home by 3 or 4 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 22: South v Adelaide - Saturday 27 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 am

I have my doubts whether it will be bruise free... plenty of South players under pressure to hold their spots atm. I'll be very interested to see the Crows lineup and Souths for that matter too.
Heres hoping that it will be a decent crowd ,and plenty of support for Adelaide apart from their hordes of trainers, physios, stats people and endless list of hangerson.
South need to win this one to go though the season undefeated at home, which will no doubt be a first at Hickinbotham.
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 am

bayman wrote:Reckon this might be a bruise free footy match, South at home by 3 or 4 goals

I would think some of the Crows player would be playing for Senior spots and will be going flat out.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:41 pm

Not looking forward to being denied by Wesco security entering the South rooms after the game as instructed by the Crows.

I would not want to breathe on the crows players or look at them in a threatening manner.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:45 am

Hoping for a South win (but with plenty of injuries Wink
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Southee wrote:Not looking forward to being denied by Wesco security entering the South rooms after the game as instructed by the Crows.  

I would not want to breathe on the crows players or look at them in a threatening manner.  

I'll Have a wager with you that there are more WESLO staff than Crows supporters in attendance. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:58 pm

South will win a close game by 14 points. Adelaide are looking a bit short of midfielders for the first time this year.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:59 am

The Panthers midfield took charge from early in the game and that was it really. South managed 6 goals into the strong breeze in the second quarter and basically the game was over as a contest at halftime. On a sour note a season ending injury to haren and a couple of others to Gulden and Hitchcock are a concern. However I havent seen the club with so much depth as it has had this year so there will be a few players pretty keen to get a game and keep their spot.
Its all there on front of us now..52 years is a bloody long time.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:44 pm

how flat or otherwise did Adelaide look at the start of the game ?
would the fact that their ''firsts'' got beaten the night before & the fact they knew they were in an Elimination Final already had any impact on them mentally ?
did they try playing bruise free footy ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:00 pm

bayman wrote:how flat or otherwise did Adelaide look at the start of the game ?
would the fact that their ''firsts'' got beaten the night before & the fact they knew they were in an Elimination Final already had any impact on them mentally ?

I think the crows side was very unbalanced, but I guess they have to play with what theyve got. Far too many talls and not many mids/smalls...- fine if youre winning the footy..but that didnt happen. Yes i think there were a few times where a few crows players-avoided a contest shall we say ,but that clearly wasnt the case with South who reveled in it. If I was a betting man , and I am, after what I saw yesterday I'd be pretty keen to lay a wager on the the Dogs in next Saturdays early game.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:how flat or otherwise did Adelaide look at the start of the game ?

I think the crows side was very unbalanced, but I guess they have to play with what theyve got. Far too many talls and not many mids/smalls...- fine if youre winning the footy..but that didnt happen. Yes i think there were a few times where a few crows players-avoided a contest shall we say ,but that clearly wasnt the case with South who reveled in it. If I was a betting man , and I am, after what I saw yesterday I'd be pretty keen to lay a wager on the the Dogs in next Saturdays early game.

thanks b&w......they (Adelaide) definitely do not like body on body pressure
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:29 pm

One thing I noticed about Adelaide is there is no team spirit or culture. Like going up to a team mate saying well done or a high five etc .... Sort of observed them as a very robotic side. Just really a bunch of individual players who are playing for their spot .....

South on the other hand , very much up and about ! All players who are committed to each other and the success of the club !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down