Ben W
BloodnTars
Paul
UncleHuey
Scrunch
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Glenelg had the week off last week, but faded away in their previous game against West, while the Eagles had a disappointing showing against Port. Who will bounce back for the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:13 pm

bays going for 4 homes game wins in a row, i think we'll give wwt a run for their money but can't see us containing Ainger, Wundke & McGregor all day, the Eagles by 26 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 26 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Scrunch Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:31 am

Unfortunate for Glenelg to cop the Eagles coming off a loss for only the 2nd time this season. Despite their clear improvement, I still think the Bays will struggle to contain several key Eagles players (as Bayman has alluded to).
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:05 pm

I will have to see if the comet which worked so well against Norwood will also affect the Eagles. Very Happy

We are not without a chance here but will need to be very clean in disposal, particularly going into our forward 50 and kicking for goal. If things go our way and we put in 4 quarter effort and we could scrape home in a close one.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Eagles by 47
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Eagles to bounce back and win by 10 gioals
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:56 am

Woodville by 24pts
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:10 pm

if the sanfl thinks that the quality of the commentary today in this match through their website is up to standard, then there is a major problem for the league. there is so much screaming, in jokes, calling one commentator by either his last name or a nickname all day, and no idea of where the ball is. there used to be pride in how the product was presented. apparently any old thing is okay now.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Eagles too good, bays gave them a scare but like all good teams they absorb the pressure & then kicked away

Alleway kicked an 80-85 metre goal early in the last term

an umpire today paid a ''square up free'' to Glenelg when realizing he made a huge mistake, this was when Rioli snapped from the pocket & we marked it, the ump called ''play on'' & realizing he made a mistake then gave us a free kick which resulted in a goal from the goal square, yes Mr Umpire you got it WRONG, however you got it WRONG twice, if you miss something & realize you DO NOT find something to ''square up'' as they say ''2 wrongs don't make it right''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 pm

bayman wrote: Eagles too good, bays gave them a scare but like all good teams they absorb the pressure & then kicked away

Alleway kicked an 80-85 metre goal early in the last term

an umpire today paid a ''square up free'' to Glenelg when realizing he made a huge mistake, this was when Rioli snapped from the pocket & we marked it, the ump called ''play on'' & realizing he made a mistake then gave us a free kick which resulted in a goal from the goal square, yes Mr Umpire you got it WRONG, however you got it WRONG twice, if you miss something & realize you DO NOT find something to ''square up'' as they say ''2 wrongs don't make it right''
umpiring was rather questionable at times today .
When is a mark a mark ! Not just the one mentioned above
Interesting the large difference in frees at 3/4 time and then the square up last term
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Think generally the men in green have been pretty good this year, some very odd decisions today though.
Alleway's goal not something you will see too often but certainly got the user friendly roll.
Good to get the win today and go 7/7 for away games this year.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Who was commentating, Hatchet?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 am

they didint introduce themselves, one caller kept calling the other one pickles
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:19 pm

The Hatchet wrote:they didint introduce themselves, one  caller kept calling the other one pickles

John Callaghan (sp?) and Adrian Pickles,'I think?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:they didint introduce themselves, one  caller kept calling the other one pickles

John Callaghan (sp?) and Adrian Pickles,'I think?

household names ? sorry i've never heard of them, but i presume they are trying their best & if they aren't up to scratch i'm sure someone else will be given a go next season, lets face it radio is a lot harder than tv, as on radio you have to paint the picture rather than just naming the players on screen
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 pm

there is one key part that we may have overlooked, Wwt won the toss & kicked with the aid of a very strong breeze, we used it as well as they did in the second term, after half time the breeze eased & by lemon time there was no breeze at all, i just wonder had we won the toss & got off to a good/similar start whether we may have been able to play the game on our term rather than theirs
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:03 pm

bayman wrote:there is one key part that we may have overlooked, Wwt won the toss & kicked with the aid of a very strong breeze, we used it as well as they did in the second term, after half time the breeze eased & by lemon time there was no breeze at all, i just wonder had we won the toss & got off to a good/similar start whether we may have been able to play the game on our term rather than theirs
thought you guys won the toss
The wind was a gale in the seconds some of the advertising signs were banging in the wind . One of the signs on the fence had blown upwards !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:38 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:there is one key part that we may have overlooked, Wwt won the toss & kicked with the aid of a very strong breeze, we used it as well as they did in the second term, after half time the breeze eased & by lemon time there was no breeze at all, i just wonder had we won the toss & got off to a good/similar start whether we may have been able to play the game on our term rather than theirs
The wind was a gale in the seconds some of the advertising signs were banging in the wind . One of the signs on the fence had blown upwards !!

to be honest i presumed Wwt won the toss (who would choose to kick against it ?), if we won the toss & kicked against it, well then we deserved to lose....will try & find out in the next day or so
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

to be honest i presumed Wwt won the toss (who would choose to kick against it ?), if we won the toss & kicked against it, well then we deserved to lose....will try & find out in the next day or so

I didn't see who pointed where, but I heard on the PA "It appears Luke Thompson has won the toss and has elected to kick to the northern end" or words to that effect.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 am

spell_check wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I didn't see who pointed where, but I heard on the PA "It appears Luke Thompson has won the toss and has elected to kick to the northern end" or words to that effect.

Ahh it appeared on the far wing the wind was going south . the ball traveled further that way in the seconds and the start of the league
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:40 pm

the strong breeze was going North my friend, basically went from pocket to pocket to be totally accurate
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:53 am

bayman wrote:the strong breeze was going North my friend, basically went from pocket to pocket to be totally accurate

Well it was banging one sign on the wing was shaking it all through the seconds .
Yep my directions were wrong was north .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down