+5
mickyj
UncleHuey
the prowler
bayman
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Glenelg v Eagles

Sunday 6 July
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Glenelg 7.6.48 lost to Norwood 25.16.166 @ Coopers Stadium
Eagles 9.8.62 lost to Sturt 15.12.102 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
Eagles 17.12.114 d Glenelg 9.10.64 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Ladder Position
Eagles 4th 7-4 50.46%
Glenelg 10th 2-9 35.11%

Both sides are coming off disappointing losses. Who will turn it around this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:48 pm

at least a 15 goal loss coming up & probably about a 20 goal loss  Embarassed Embarassed 
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Glenelg v Eagles - Sunday 6 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by the prowler Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm

No one really expected Westies to knock off the SPAM last week.

Maybe something silly is on the cards this week.

Eagles by 16 goals all the same.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Eagles by 8 goals with very few in attendance
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:38 pm

be nice if the eagles could win a game again 3 weeks since they last won
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:07 pm

League
F: Boyd, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Allmond, Ainger, Kane
C: Hall, Lewis, Batley
HB: P. Raymond, Jarrad, J. Sinor
B: Sumner, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Powell, T. Schwarz
INT: Poole, Grocke, Blesing, Appletpon, Templeton
IN: Grocke, Blesing, Appleton, Templeton
OUT: Killian, Whittlesea

Reserves
F: Lodge, Heinjus, Press
HF: M. Raymond, T. Whittlesea, A. Dunstan
C: G. Ellis, Goldsworthy, Martyn
HB: Summerton, T. Fitzgerald, Lane
B: Mackenzie, Killian, Murihead

R: Muller, Rowland, Enright
INT: Smart
IN: Killian, Whittlesea, Enright, Heinjus
OUT: Roads, Mullins, Appleton, Templeton, Blesing, Lloyd

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Eagles by 165

Wundke and Ainger 21 between them
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

happy with the endeavour & commitment, sadly skills let us down, i think that McCarthy should be put in an attacking role, he looked a lot bettertoday in that role......it is a sad indication that 6 years ago we were in a grand final & now the majority of us are happy when the team puts in with a committed effort, some promising signs yet still a long long way off......i was amazed to see Goldsworthy running around in the reserves for Wwt, he is a class act & a great kick at goal, so if he isn't going to get a game there i hope our recruiters will talk to him
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Bays list looked very young today by comparison to WWT. If Port were not doing as well as they are you could pretty much have handed the cup already to WWT this season...
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 am

Wasn't as big a win as I expected. I think you're being a bit hasty writing a couple of sides off there Ben, particularly your own and Sturt, both of whom are highly capable.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Ben W wrote:Bays list looked very young today by comparison to WWT. If Port were not doing as well as they are you could pretty much have handed the cup already to WWT this season...

The Bays had no players with 100+ games
We had 1 player with more then 50 games and no player who had kicked more then 30 goals.
WWT had over a dozen players who had more games / goals and the difference in experience showed.

Strange though it sounds when you lose by 40 points I almost think that Glenelg would be less disappointed then WWT in the result.
The endeavour was good although our skills were ordinary at times. Our forward line was comprehensively beated by the Eagles defence, we badly need a marking forward. The young defence made typical mistakes against a much bigger and more experienced forward lines. Not sure why Agnew was dropped, badly missed his pace and work.

WWT - skills weren't great either. They were very undisciplined at times, Kane running off the ground through the interchange to hit some one in a "square up" is inexcusable. Jarrad giving away 2 25m penalties in a row by punching an opponent and mouthing off at the umpire because he was caught was also poor. If you can be that rattled by the bottom team playing youngsters what are you going to be like against the top teams? A win is a win but I wouldn't say the Eagles have turned their form around from their 3 losses in a convincing way.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:40 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Ben W wrote:Bays list looked very young today by comparison to WWT. If Port were not doing as well as they are you could pretty much have handed the cup already to WWT this season...

The Bays had no players with 100+ games
We had 1 player with more then 50 games and no player who had kicked more then 30 goals.
WWT had over a dozen players who had more games / goals and the difference in experience showed.

Strange though it sounds when you lose by 40 points I almost think that Glenelg would be less disappointed then WWT in the result.
The endeavour was good although our skills were ordinary at times. Our forward line was comprehensively beated by the Eagles defence, we badly need a marking forward. The young defence made typical mistakes against a much bigger and more experienced forward lines. Not sure why Agnew was dropped, badly missed his pace and work.

WWT - skills weren't great either. They were very undisciplined at times, Kane running off the ground through the interchange to hit some one in a "square up" is inexcusable. Jarrad giving away 2 25m penalties in a row by punching an opponent and mouthing off at the umpire because he was caught was also poor. If you can be that rattled by the bottom team playing youngsters what are you going to be like against the top teams? A win is a win but I wouldn't say the Eagles have turned their form around from their 3 losses in a convincing way.

Just on that players note
Why was Ty Allen playing in the seconds ? And the bay seconds played much better footy than the league !!
Anyone have the free kick count some decisions were rather puzzling
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Free kicks were 29 to the Eagles, 26 to the Bays.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Scrunch wrote:Wasn't as big a win as I expected. I think you're being a bit hasty writing a couple of sides off there Ben, particularly your own and Sturt, both of whom are highly capable.

Far too early to be doing that just yet--3 or 4 still in the mix.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down