Chambo Off To Work We Go
blueandwhite
Lee
Thiele
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Glenelg (7th 5-8 49.04%) v Norwood (9th 4-9 44.17%)
Sunday 24 July
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins. Who will extend their winning streak this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:23 pm

PLEASE NOTE, match starts at 1.40pm

Bays by 5 or 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 17: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 24 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Why are they stuffing around with the starting times?

If the Bays bring the same commitment as the last 2 weeks they should win by 5 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:19 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Why are they stuffing around with the starting times?

If the Bays bring the same commitment as the last 2 weeks they should win by 5 goals

Port Power v Greater Western Sydney
Adelaide Oval
4:10pm start
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Scrappy wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:Why are they stuffing around with the starting times?

Port Power v Greater Western Sydney
Adelaide Oval
4:10pm start

which means it is a tv game at the bay..........i don't understand this, the game on tv should be the day before & the cameras should be at Noarlunga, that should be a beauty
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:10 pm

JARYD CACHIA
Is extremely likely to only be playing a maximum of 5 more games for the Norwood Football Club

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Bays should win this. Be a while since we won 3 in a row.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Great game of footy
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Scrappy wrote:JARYD CACHIA
Is extremely likely to only be playing a maximum of 5 more games for the Norwood Football Club

hearing rumours, so i'll ask where is Luke Mitchell ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:28 pm

just like a race all you have to be is in front on the line & that's what happened Cool

without sounded big headed i got a text from a mate during the third term & it said ''what's wrong with your mob ?''

i replied ''Huge breeze for norwood in the first & they've been in control of the game, bays just starting to find spaces so if they can hold up against the breeze we might run over the top''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where to start, well as i said to TC during the reserves the toss will be crucial today & TC did the coin toss, anyway Norwood used the breeze well & while we had chances they went in 16 points up at the first break, as we enter the second term i thought we should be in front by half time but no, wrong again, Norwood did enough to bottle up the game to limit the damage & ended up winning the quarter by a point to lead by 17 points at the main break, i'm thinking how do we keep them down to give us a chance in the final stanza, anyway Norwood started to tire as we started finding some space & we managed to be outscored by only 8 points & trailed by 25 points at lemon time & i thought with a bit of luck we could run over the top & thankfully we did but only just, so much was our dominance that Norwoods' only score was a rushed behind courtesy of J. Sellar in what was a smart move at the time, W. Rioli who had been quiet by his standards took the game by the scruff of the neck & with the help of team mates got us over the line & not a sweeter victory could be had in a home & away match....

as for the umpiring, well it was incompetent but both ways but can someone explain to me why Wilson got a free when McGinty tried stopping him from going through the fence, i'm sorry but that is incompetence, i saw it from the outer & the replay proved i was right, so why couldn't the umpire see what i saw & the replay showed ?
also in the first three quarters they were paying ''almost everything'' which helped Norwood bottle up the game & in the last they didn't pay many frees at all, well it seemed that way

M. Snook, mark of the day, round, year ?

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:29 pm

i just copied & pasted what i posted on the snoutslouts website, TC is a poster on there
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:51 pm

bayman wrote:
Scrappy wrote:JARYD CACHIA

hearing rumours, so i'll ask where is Luke Mitchell ?

Luke Mitchell played at Onkaparinga Valley last weekend with his mate Jesse O'Brien. O'Brien, Mitchell and Rhys O'Keeffe were all sacked by Josh Carr. I believe that Mitchell was sacked by Norwood at the end of June. When he first left Carlton, Mitchell tossed up between North and Glenelg. With due respect I think Glenelg were lucky he chose North. He gave North exactly one quarter when he kicked three long goals in the last quarter of the Anzac Day match of 2014. I think that is one quarter more than he gave Norwood.

I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes but is Lewis Johnston interested. Last week the Norwood faithful were giving it to him hard saying that he never gets out of second gear. Conditions didn't suit today but he was rarely sighted. I was distraught when he left North but perhaps Carr was right there as well.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:28 pm

RD4
NORWOOD OVAL
NW 10-14
GL 10-8

RD17 GLENELG OVAL
GL 10-9
NW 9-9

Total both games
NW 19-23
GL 20-17

Saw both games this season
Both games I felt the losing teams got the wrong end of the umpiring late in the games

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

I find Scrappy's posts very interesting.

Keen eye for numbers.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:11 pm

RD4
Norwood won by 6 points
I told Bayman during and after the game that GL were stiff not to get several 50/50 decisions
I had thought perhaps the wrong team won the match

THIRD QUARTER
I only saw the 2nd half
Late in the 3rd Quarter I saw a wrong non HTB decision
Peter Persinos took on the tackler, disposed incorrectly, regained the ball by pulling it in, then made no attempt to dispose the ball
From the resulting stoppage , Wilson got the clearance and goaled
At the time I had thought wow, how lucky the Legs were
That put Norwood 4+ goals in front

LAST QUARTER
There was about 10-12 HTB decisions that could have been paid
Only 2 of about a dozen HTB were paid
Both to GL
Both to Rioli
Both goals
One against Bode
One against Caicha , with seconds to go

Why were those 2 HTB paid and the others not ?
Persinos lucky
Bode/Cachia unlucky

Last edited by Scrappy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:22 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Lee wrote:I find Scrappy's posts very interesting.

Keen eye for numbers.

Or is what because I posted the comment . Makes no sense at all, just random numbers with some meaning would be good.
Point taken Lee.

Both games decided by 6 points
Both sides identical points scored for the sum of both games
Regards
Scrap_Check
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:24 pm

waddayamean wrote:Is there a point to your posts Scrappy ?

As for Johnson he was a big fish in a small pond.

Where was Johnston a big fish in a small pond? This is the first year that he has actually played anywhere near a full SANFL season. When he was on the Crows list and played some games for North they finished third and second and he played some good games in between being injured. He then played for the Crows reserves in 2014 before being delisted. He lasted one game and 8 minutes last season before being injured
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Umpiring wasn't great but it didn't favour anyone, in my opinion Norwood lost for a couple of reasons, the taxing game plan after a good start with the breeze was starting to take its toll during the third term as you could see Glenelg starting to get some space & secondly had Norwood tried scoring in the last they would have won, all they got in the last quarter was a rushed behind courtesy of J. Sellar, scoring & not defending is the name of the game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 am

Im definitely not a fan of either team- Norwood or glenelg. All I can say is.. I think the umpire had a "sense of theatre" -in trying to entertain Snots louts.
And..if the game was at Norwood and he paid the same free at the southern end.. what would have been his chances in getting off the ground in one piece..?
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum