honoring the memory of Phil Walsh

3 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

honoring the memory of Phil Walsh Empty honoring the memory of Phil Walsh

Post by bayman Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 pm

i know he was involved with more teams than just Adelaide & Port, but i'd like to think there would be a memorial award in football honoring Phil, my thought is this, every showdown medal winner (best player) from now on be known as ''The Phil Walsh memorial medal winner'' or words to that effect

anyone else have any ideas ?

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

honoring the memory of Phil Walsh Empty Re: honoring the memory of Phil Walsh

Post by columbo Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:07 am

Probably not something that needs to be rushed for the upcoming showdown, as things will still be a bit raw.
Maybe Crows and Port and WCE may prefer their own award at the end of each year.

As a side note went with Mrs Columbo to look at the tributes at Footy Park today just as the things from Adelaide Oval arrived in a truck to be consolidated in one place. Lots of people young and old helping Crows staff to lay them out as other kids arrived with a footy with messages, old ladies with flowers.... amazing to see how the footy community around the country has united.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:24 pm

From my point of view I don't agree with the idea of an award that is just limited or contained between Adelaide and Port Adelaide. As I am aware his career began at Collingwood for a season, then on to Richmond and he finished his playing career at Brisbane. He was the runner / assistant coach at Geelong, then assistant coach at West Coast, Port Adelaide (twice) and then Senior Coach at the AFC. I feel that anything that commemorates him should encompass more than just his time at Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Ben W wrote:From my point of view I don't agree with the idea of an award that is just limited or contained between Adelaide and Port Adelaide. As I am aware his career began at Collingwood for a season, then on to Richmond and he finished his playing career at Brisbane. He was the runner / assistant coach at Geelong, then assistant coach at West Coast, Port Adelaide (twice) and then Senior Coach at the AFC. I feel that anything that commemorates him should encompass more than just his time at Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

i did say i know he was involved with more than just the two teams, it is out of respect that i suggested this as it happened here,
i agree with your sentiments with ''limitations'' but when Essendon & Collingwood players can only win an Anzac medal & ALL Australians & the Kiwis went to war it puts this into perspective i feel..............

anyway i believe 'The Phil Walsh Medal' is happening & from this week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:54 pm

I guess having had some time to think about it, I would like to put forward the suggestion that they rename "Rundle Mall" to something like Phil Walsh Boulevard or similar. Rundle was an English cricket player that never visited Adelaide. I think naming it in honour of Phil Walsh would be a good step towards commemorating him in a good way.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down