well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679

5 posters

Go down

well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679 Empty well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679

Post by bayman Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:31 pm

i think a congratulations is in order to Phil Herden & co for organizing a ''football carnival'' of all/most of the junior clubs in the Eagles' zone, this in turn with parents & other family members guaranteed a bumper crowd at the football today, the official attendance was 4,679 which at least 60% of the crowd was because of the carnival, there were kids everywhere enjoying the many activities that were there for them to enjoy, along with their 'showbags'

well done to Phil & the team on a smart move that paid dividends big time for the club with food & drinks etc bought by at least some of the parents to start with

the league game was a great contest to watch
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679 Empty Re: well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679

Post by BloodnTars Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Yep agree. Was fantastic to see so many kids running around. Hopefully they will be back on their own merit.

Only problem was that the canteen ladies couldn't keep up the demand to have hot food ready but they probably wouldn't have expected that crowd.

Wonder if Phil might like to help West out in trying to boost our junior members.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679 Empty Re: well done to Phil Herden & co to attract 4,679

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Stunning crowd today
The first thing I noticed when inside the ground
There were kids stalls set up , looked to be at least 50 of them lined up at one stall

It was just into the third qtr of the game , when this happened :
There was a group of kids near just behind me singing
The lyrics were
" Cheers cheers the black and the white , honour the magpie day and by night ....."

It was actually quite cute listening to the Port Adelaide song sang with some gusto at a Woodville West Torrens V Adelaide Reserves match !

Very well done to Phil Herden and whoever else was involved
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Scrappy & Crew.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that Magpies song you heard was from the North Haven kids who share same jumpers and tune as those at Alberton.

For the record we did a crowd check at 11.15am after all the carnival participants would have been in and that was 1600. So that means around 3,000 came afterwards for the SANFL game itself.

As a club this is our 4th crack at hosting the Crows, from promotional results of the first 3 we learnt a few things that bore fruit today.

Yes BloodnTars the numbers were overwhelming at times. We tweaked a few things from bottlenecks last year only to still be swamped at other points.  

For the record I am a but embarrassed at being singled out as I would say there were about 70-90 people across the junior clubs, community display groups, around ground staff & volunteers plus officials from both teams that all contributed their bit to make it work.

Special thanks to all at the MWJFL who bring this event to Woodville each year.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:13 pm

bayman wrote:i think a congratulations is in order to Phil Herden & co  for organizing a ''football carnival'' of all/most of the junior clubs in the Eagles' zone, this in turn with parents & other family members guaranteed a bumper crowd at the football today, the official attendance was 4,679 which at least 60% of the crowd was because of the carnival, there were kids everywhere enjoying the many activities that were there for them to enjoy, along with their 'showbags'

well done to Phil & the team on a smart move that paid dividends big time for the club with food & drinks etc bought by at least some of the parents to start with

the league game was a great contest to watch

Ditto, fantastic day all round.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum