Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium

+4
bayman
Ben W
Brucetiki
Paul
8 posters

Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Glenelg returned to earth with a loss to South, while Norwood got the job done over Sturt. Will Glenelg cause a massive upset, or will Norwood get the job done?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Norwood will win but i think we'll test them during the match, i think West showed up Norwoods' achilles heel to some extent when they played albeit they didn't quite get the job done which may or may not have been because of Ezards' early departure from that match, but i think West showed up Norwoods' lack of pace in big chunks of that game, if Glenelg can play a quick game for the entire game then you just never know, however why would we start playing four full quarters this week, it hasn't happened at all this year
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:06 pm

Norwood by 20+ points unless their team bus gets hit by a meteor or disappears into a strategically placed sinkhole on the way to the ground. Very Happy
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am

Norwood by 87
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Sadly it does not appear that the Bays have the cattle go with Norwood for four quarters. Redlegs by 60pts + .
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Got a feeling it could be under 5 goals either way
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:48 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Norwood by 20+ points unless their team bus gets hit by a meteor or disappears into a strategically placed sinkhole on the way to the ground. Very Happy

So which one happened Laughing

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:54 pm

What a stunning effort from the Bays, - Well Done!!!

Full time: Glenelg 15.14 (104) defeat Norwood 14.11 (95)
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Not surprised at all about the result. Bays showing genuine improvement, a lot of Norwood people getting ahead of themselves.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:58 pm

we looked pretty good for most of the day in an entertaining match which included plenty of great marks from both teams, there is no doubt the loss of Donohoe & Sucklings' injury didn't help, i think Glenelg looked a lot quicker than Norwood on the outside in the first 3 quarters & i think ''belief'' was still there for Norwood at lemon time & Glenelg were hoping they could hold on, Norwood put the challenge to us in the last stanza which had us under pressure but somehow we managed to get a couple of goals to hang on for a memorable win, for Norwood the loss could be a reality check....it was nice to catch up with Scrappy & i think it'll be a good day at work tomorrow Cool
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Thank you Tigers! Should give the club a boost for future matches knowing they can beat the top sides.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Eagles certainties for minor premiership now
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Wow what a game
Was it really Eaglequal Top v 9th ?

It had to be Glenelgs day
The first goal summed it up
In Glenelgs forward pocket[other wise known as Baymans pocket] , the footy clipped a Norwood players boot and tipped over the boundary line
Free kick for out on the full
Goal
1-0 Glenelg
0-0 Norwood

First quarter injuries to Donohue and Suckling ,put Norwood on the back foot
Glenelg took advantage, played brilliantly at times ,probably deserved to win
Glenelg led 10-6 to 4-4 at one stage
Norwood made a gutsy fightback to lose narrowly
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 am

There were 4 sensational marks in this match
Goals resulted from all 4 marks

Scott jumped on top of a pack and took a screamer in the second quarter , and kicked a goal to put Glenelg about 4 goals up
He was higher than Joe Cocker

Dawe outmarked a pack of several players, played on , and scored a goal ,this got Norwood to about 8 points down in the last qtr

Chippendale jumped up and up and took a beauty on his opponents shoulder area  and goaled from a fair distance out, earlier in the game

The game was in the balance , Norwood all the momentum
Terry Milera took a hanger
He was behind his Norwood opponent and launched himself
Unfortunately he landed from such a high altitude ,he injured himself and was stretchered off the ground
One of his team mates scored the goal

Brilliant game, brilliant marking
The Milera mark reminded me of how Bayman used to play football
The sprigg marks on Baymans neck back and shoulders used to prove it

THE MILERA MARK
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3029/
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:Norwood by 20+ points unless their team bus gets hit by a meteor or disappears into a strategically placed sinkhole on the way to the ground. Very Happy

So which one happened Laughing

Quickly stashes shovel back in shed.Round 11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol Stadium 2678737410

Nothing to see here, move on. Smile

Great game to watch. I said at lemon time we needed 2 goals in the last to be safe as Norwood would keep coming at us and we just got there.

It was good to see an old time kick in from a full back. Norwood had nothing short as the Bays had flooded their forward half, like every team does. Instead of looking for a 15.5m kick in as happened all day, the full back gave it a big roost straight down the guts. Went over everyone fall at the back, a couple of clearances and bang a Norwood goal.
Doesn't happen often enough for mind. I suppose it helps when Sam "the walking goalpost" Baulderstone is there to catch it but surely it is a tactic that could be used more often.
If in doubt kick it 60m away from goal to your tallest player. Smile
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down