Lee
BloodnTars
Thiele
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Glenelg v West

Sunday 23 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Glenelg were disappointing in their loss to Sturt, and while West had a big win over Port Melbourne in the Foxtel Cup, their last SANFL match saw them lose to Norwood.  Will Glenelg manage to notch up their win, or will West's winning form in the Foxtel Cup carry over to this match?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 pm

another big loss coming up for the Tigers & we'll  lose by over 10 goals unfortuneately
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Glenelg v West - Sunday 23 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

West by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Maybe Cassisi and Crouch to come in. A good two weeks to build our percentage up
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Have to win first.

The bay and Norwood would be the last 2 places where we haven't won for a while

Can't see it being anymore than 5 goals to be honest but wouldn't be surprised if we lost.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Correct, b&t, we have to win first.

I'm confident if thevweather is OK, but it's a long time since we've won there.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm

West should field a strong side.  They'll win this well unless they start as they did against Norwood.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:24 pm

West by heaps I suspect. Just hope the Bays show 4 quarters of effort
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm

redandblack wrote:West should field a strong side.  They'll win this well unless they start as they did against Norwood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

even with that start you'd beat us
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Why would Massie drop Wazza and play Button as a sole ruckman given that last week he dropped Button and played Wazza as a sole ruckman? He makes some odd selection choices.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Missing today due to the bloody flu, hope the Bloods do the right thing and have a good win
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:42 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Why would Massie drop Wazza and play Button as a sole ruckman given that last week he dropped Button and played Wazza as a sole ruckman? He makes some odd selection choices.

answer is the coach has NFI
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 pm

waddayamean wrote:I heard glowing reports about Massie from Glenelg fans a while back. They were all out and about , quite happy with themeselves and letting everyone know about it . I love how they don't get behind their club and crap on their team. Or is that becauuse they hate receiving it but love throwing it ?

i don't believe your first sentence yes maybe some would have been 'glowing' but the majority of fans i don't think so, as for the rest of your post just another typical bait, today we had something like half the side with less than 20 games experience & we all understand that but match ups, selections & overall tactics from the coach leaves a lot to be desired at least on face value

does anyone have Rick Macgowns' phone number ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am

Who do you support waddayamean?

Bayman, how many senior players didnt play yesterday due to injury or form that would normally be in the seniors? To only go into the the game with Button the sole ruckman when they knew that West would have Nelson, Moran and Webb as rotating ruckman was a little odd.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Fantastic win by the club yesterday. Wasn't very confident going into the game because we generally don't play well at the bay and thought they would respond after a few poor weeks. Boy was I wrong. Watching the bays was like watching us 5 years ago. Just an absolute rabble.

Ferguson's game was absolutely superb. Probably the best game I've seen from anybody in my 23 years of supporting this club. Also Daniel Webb's best game for the club. Have been a critic over the years but I now believe he is becoming the player he has always promised to be. One of these days he is going to tear a game apart and it is going to be fantastic to watch. Tucky's game was superb. Especially his first half.

Hopefully a big win next week against the panthers before a couple of tough home games against Centrals and the eagles. Hopefully Fuller can last the week though.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Not a loaded question, just wondered
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm

brodlach wrote:Who do you support waddayamean?

Bayman, how many senior players didnt play yesterday due to injury or form that would normally be in the seniors? To only go into the the game with Button the sole ruckman when they knew that West would have Nelson, Moran and Webb as rotating ruckman was a little odd.

as for a ruckman McGinty (would not have made any difference) should have played but i'm afraid Massie has no understanding of the make up of other teams & he seems to be dropping & elevating players without any emphasis on the opposition, he leaves Kirkby to be double teamed every week because he doesn't put another forward up there, he  didn't want Kirk & a few others for this year & was happy with the squad, as for senior players maybe 3 or 4 could come in but a couple aren't getting a game for minor indiscretions in the pre season, Massie is very respectful to the members & supporters but with no experience (1 year u/18's & 6 months of reserves footy) he got thrown into the deep end & isn't up to it........the only upside we have is when we have no AFL listed players from next year the blokes playing this year are gaining experience ahead of other teams as we've only had 1,2 or 3 for the last month or so.....we've had something like 10 players with 20 or less league games that played yesterday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Westies only have crouch playing  (He qualified y'day.)

We didn't qualify Cassisi, Gray or Laird -  None of them have played since Rd 3 >  So West's side is not reliant on AFL players either BUT Bayman, it is a good indicator for the Bays ahead of everyone losing AFL aligned players.   Clubs like Eagles and Sturt will lose plenty of players when this happens.
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum