spell_check
IAmTheWarrior
Ben W
UncleHuey
goddy11
Paul
11 posters

Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm

The Eagles survived a second half fade out to defeat Adelaide, while Centrals had a glorified training drill in their one sided demolition of North. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Eagles in a fairly close one, lets say 19 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Paul Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am

Eagles by 52
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Congratulations Luke Jarrod on 200 great games for the Eagles. Also congrats Michael Wundke finally getting 100. Eagles by 35 points
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Congrats to Luke Jarrod, 200 games is quite an achievement.

Eagles comfortably by 40 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 pm

I think the Eagles will be to good at home, WWT by 28pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 pm

goddy11 wrote:Congratulations Luke Jarrod on 200 great games for the Eagles. Also congrats Michael Wundke finally getting 100. Eagles by 35 points

It's also the 50th club match for Jared Petrenko. There has not been too many quicker to 200 matches than Jarrad; only missing 7 matches since debut in Round 1 2006.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Great to see the Eags get up for Flash's 200th (and Wundke's 100th and pup's 50th etc) I don't get home often enough but he is one of my favourites to watch. A great player all round and I'm glad he gets to celebrate this game with a win.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:19 pm

So, there's something I have not seen in a League match before:

Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 18576792304_1778d15b9f_z
Round 11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 19193415442_f8805ff47c_z

Good the club could win for Jarrad; massive test next week.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Popped his knee cap apparently, was up and about after the game, but looked a bit proppy.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:29 pm

While disappointed Centrals ended up losing, I was pleased with a fair amount of their play today. In periods they did outplay the Eagles, however the Eagles experience, and a couple of fluky McGregor goals, got the Eagles over the line. While Centrals are definitely not in the Norwood/Eagles class yet (today showed that), they are showing some good improvement in recent weeks, and will be dangerous to most sides on the run home.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 am

Brucetiki,
i'm not sure you can call McGregors' goals ''fluky'' he kicks them way too often to be flukes, he's just one of those players that knows where the goals are on a very consistent basis
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Brucetiki wrote:While disappointed Centrals ended up losing, I was pleased with a fair amount of their play today.  In periods they did outplay the Eagles, however the Eagles experience, and a couple of fluky McGregor goals, got the Eagles over the line.  While Centrals are definitely not in the Norwood/Eagles class yet (today showed that), they are showing some good improvement in recent weeks, and will be dangerous to most sides on the run home.

And the fluky points he got instead of goals would have sunk Adelaide the week before . Seeing BOG Henderson was always hitting the ball to him last week . Play on .
Was impressed on how Centrals fought back was more impressed with the way the eagles fought back and then went on with it.

Well done Eagles seconds 11 straight wins Very Happy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:42 pm

columbo wrote:Popped his knee cap apparently, was up and about after the game, but looked a bit proppy.

Tounge in cheek here was it an attempt to lengthen the term by Centrals haha
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 pm

I think the match winning move was "bobbie" moving up forward . Eagles must have been too tall down back .Moving him forward was the match winning move third tall had issues with him.
And just think Eagles can get better with injured players coming back in the next few weeks .
Well done to the eagles seconds 11 straight wins
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:32 pm

As 2014 defending reserves premiers I think the Eagles streak is longer than 11 games.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm

bayman wrote:Brucetiki,
             i'm not sure you can call McGregors' goals ''fluky'' he kicks them way too often to be flukes, he's just one of those players that knows where the goals are on a very consistent basis

The SANFL's answer to Eddie Betts perhaps Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
bayman wrote:Brucetiki,

The SANFL's answer to Eddie Betts perhaps Laughing

i'll pay that Laughing Laughing Laughing
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down