BloodnTars
Southee
UncleHuey
Big Phil
Brucetiki
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v West - Sunday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v West - Sunday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Scrunch wrote:Anyone got a reserves result?

bays easily by 30 points...will go out the car to get the budget for the actual score
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v West - Sunday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v West - Sunday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Thiele Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Scrunch wrote:Anyone got a reserves result?
Bays by 5 goals
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Scrunch, here is the reserves final score

Glenelg 13.12.90

West 9.6.60
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 17, 2015 8:49 pm

West's pressure in the first half today was irrepressible and their ball movement, after some early turnovers, was quick and precise.

I think there were 13 individual goalkickers, with small forward Aaron Fielke kicking 6 to go with his 5 two weeks ago. Jono Beech kicked 5. It has to be said that it's a privilege to watch Jason Porplyzia play. 4 goals to finish off a classy performance.

Interesting that a side who dominated the game finished with only 6 frees for the game, against 21 and several dodgy goals against.

Not that it mattered at all, as the Bloods were irresistible most of the day, with multiple attacking options and a dominant Chris Schmidt dictating play.

Justin Hardy kicked 6 in the Reserves.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Glenelg (Res) 1.2 4.7 9.11 13.12 (90)
West (Res) 3.3 4.3 6.3 9.6 (60)

Goals:
Glenelg - McIntyre 4, Tapp 2, Hill 2, Chalmers, Whaley, Redden, Westley, May.
West - Hardy 6, Dolling, Holliday, Dijksman.

Hardy kicked 6.0 from only 7 kicks and 6 marks (4 cont).
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun May 17, 2015 8:54 pm

Is there anyone else that can post the reserves score too? Very Happy
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun May 17, 2015 10:17 pm

bayman wrote:Scrunch, here is the reserves final score

Glenelg 13.12.90

West     9.6.60

Thanks Bayman, it was your comment about Wests depth that sparked my interest, because it seems to be a commodity that's down across the board these days. The fact they were comfortably beaten by an undermanned Glenelg Reserves probably doesn't tell the full story in relation to potential league replacements, but on the surface it doesn't suggest any special amount of depth as such.

Without even seeing them play I have very much underrated West. Their top end talent is exceptional and many players sound as though they have returned to their 2012 form. With games against Norwood, South and Port to round out their first round it will be interesting to see where the Bloods stand by the halfway mark. I get the feeling from everything I read that there's still scope for improvement in them too.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 17, 2015 10:37 pm

I think in assessing West, it's wise to totally forget last year, a transition to a new coach year blighted with injury from the start.

I think the recruiting has helped, with Porps adding class, Willits some strength, Helbig versatility and Wasley-Black run and long kicking off half back.

4 exceptional kids have rounded it out.

It needs to be said though, that we've met some sides with key players out and our next 3 games against South, Norwood and Port will give a better idea.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 18, 2015 12:12 am

11-11 Glenelg
30-9 West Adelaide

Glenleg ended up with 2 more points on the scoreboard
West ended up with 2 more points on the Premiership ladder

Glenelgs last quarter of 6-3  today was their equal best 2015 individual quarter , they also scored 6-3 against South in the first quarter in round 1
There4 Glenelgs first quarter of the season and now their last quarter of this season being the best with 6-3

Remarkably Glenelg scored the first goal in 3 of the quarters today

I lost count how many times West ran into open goals with no Glenelg defender between them and the goal
Interesting to note what coach Lokan was up to today when his side was being smashed
It must have been a temptation to put numbers back to quell West AdeLEEaide , but he didnt
Perhaps the logic was his defenders would learn more about defence without additional help ?

As for the red and blacks they were LEEthal today
The irony is Mickan has them playing the brilliant way Glenelg did when he coached them
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 pm

bayman wrote:if spelly reads this, does he know the goals per match average of Justin Hardy against Glenelg ? i reckon he'd average at least 5 & possibly more, he has always killed us

Taking 2012 and 2013 into account only during his time up forward with Central, Hardy kicked 3, 6, 7, 4 and 4 goals. 4.8 average
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon May 18, 2015 9:31 pm

The SANFL has to do something about the quality of its live radio broadcasts. I caught the last quarter call of this game and again it was deplorable. It was like listening to a couple of blokes sitting on the terraces half-interestedly watching the game and occasionally passing a comment on it. There was no semblance of play-by-play calling.

A marketing consultant would say this is "damaging the brand"; the SANFL can't seriously be asking us to accept this quality of coverage.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

spell_check wrote:
bayman wrote:if spelly reads this, does he know the goals per match average of Justin Hardy against Glenelg ? i reckon he'd average at least 5 & possibly more, he has always killed us

Taking 2012 and 2013 into account only during his time up forward with Central, Hardy kicked 3, 6, 7, 4 and 4 goals.  4.8 average

not quite ''at least 5'' thanks spelly
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue May 19, 2015 8:05 am

Flag No.9 wrote:The SANFL has to do something about the quality of its live radio broadcasts. I caught the last quarter call of this game and again it was deplorable. It was like listening to a couple of blokes sitting on the terraces half-interestedly watching the game and occasionally passing a comment on it. There was no semblance of play-by-play calling.

A marketing consultant would say this is "damaging the brand"; the SANFL can't seriously be asking us to accept this quality of coverage.

Totally agree i kept waiting for a score update as well.I started to fall asleep during lack of enthusiasm.Good for insomnia.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed May 20, 2015 9:01 am

From Indaily today,

West just misses out on 87-year-old record

In the Sunday afternoon contest at Glierdol Stadium, West Adelaide had a huge 112-point victory over a Glenelg side that looks odds on for another wooden spoon.

Accurate in front of goal, the Bloods kicked 30 goal and nine behinds, with medium forward Aaron Fielke slotting through six straight, strong marking Jono Beech finishing with five majors, and former Crow Jason Porplyzia snaffling four from the mid-field.

The final score by West Adelaide of 30.9 (189) was just two points shy of the club’s record against the Bays.

That record goes back to a round 17 on 8 September 1928, some 87 years ago, also at Glenelg Oval, when the Bloods kicked 29.17 (191).

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2015/05/20/grassroots-local-footy-round-up/
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Ben W wrote:From Indaily today,

West just misses out on 87-year-old record

In the Sunday afternoon contest at Glierdol Stadium, West Adelaide had a huge 112-point victory over a Glenelg side that looks odds on for another wooden spoon.

Accurate in front of goal, the Bloods kicked 30 goal and nine behinds, with medium forward Aaron Fielke slotting through six straight, strong marking Jono Beech finishing with five majors, and former Crow Jason Porplyzia snaffling four from the mid-field.

The final score by West Adelaide of 30.9 (189) was just two points shy of the club’s record against the Bays.

That record goes back to a round 17 on 8 September 1928, some 87 years ago, also at Glenelg Oval, when the Bloods kicked 29.17 (191).

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2015/05/20/grassroots-local-footy-round-up/

well 87 years later they are a more accurate kicking team against Glenelg
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed May 20, 2015 7:44 pm

But presumably it's the record for most goals we've kicked against them.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:But presumably it's the record for most goals we've kicked against them.

i don't know but i'm sure at some stage West would have kicked over 30 goals against Glenelg, whether they've kicked over 30 at the bay or not maybe doubtful, however i'm sure our friend spelly will know
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed May 20, 2015 9:47 pm

bayman wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:But presumably it's the record for most goals we've kicked against them.

i don't know but i'm sure at some stage West would have kicked over 30 goals against Glenelg, whether they've kicked over 30 at the bay or not maybe doubtful, however i'm sure our friend spelly will know

That's the first time. The 29.17 score in 1928 is the highest; while the now 3rd and 4th highest scores by West against Glenelg were both in 1983.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 20, 2015 9:48 pm

thanks spelly
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2