Thiele
Paul
blueandwhite
oldfella
Southee
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Glenelg (6th 0-1 47.20) v West (9th 0-1 28.74%)
Sunday 3 April
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Glenelg finished strong, but couldn't overtake South, while West's Premiership defence got off to the worst possible start against Adelaide. Who will register their first win of the season?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:21 pm

(if big IF) Glenelg can win as long as we don't have a snooze during the game & play with the intensity we saw last week in patches but for the entire match this week, if that happens i'm confident of victory, one possibly two changes this week, i'll help you out Lee, Joseph will be an in
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Southee Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 pm

After watching the Bays last week against us....I was quite impressed.

They were quick and seemed to have recruited well.

I reckon they will knock Westies off at home.

Bays by 3 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Thanks Bayman Very Happy

I'll help you too. West will have a lot of 'ins'.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Lee wrote:Thanks Bayman Very Happy

I'll help you too. West will have a lot of 'ins'.

thanks Lee Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 am

The spirit of helping is strong on this site☺☺

I am hoping for westies to get the points but was impressed by the better showing last week by the bays - played as a team with pride at last

Going to be a close one i think
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Glenelg by 8 goals.
West still suffering from dare I say it....some sort of hangover, and yes the Bays have improved- a lot.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 pm

Glenelg
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:08 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has been boosted by the return of premiership utilities Jason Porplyzia and Travis Tuck for the clash with Glenelg at Gliderol Stadium on Sunday.
Porplyzia has been troubled by a slight knee injury while Tuck experienced back spasms in the club’s last trial match against Sturt.
They have both been included on the five-man extended interchange bench but are expected to play in the final 21 against the Tigers.
Key forward Mason Middleton has been named at centre-half forward while promising youngsters Jack Agostino and Hugh Haysman have also been added to the 23-man squad.
‘’Our side is looking so much stronger this week,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks noted.
‘’Other than Adam (Hartlett) we are much closer to the side which played in the Grand Final last year.’’
Last Saturday’s debutant Harry Vick, together with Nick Favretto and Oliver Johnson, has been sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Green, Webb, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Slattery
C: Stevens, Schmidt, Silverlock
HB: Turner, Klemke, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Hardy, Hill

R: Willits, O’Brien, Schiller
INT: Tuck, Porplyzia, Agostino, Burgess, Haysman
IN: Porplyzia, Tuck, Middleton, Agostino, Haysman
OUT: Favretto, Vick, Johnson
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Reckon the Bays can win this one by 2 goals, they showed a bit last week and will be better then Westies who had a shocker.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Very impressed by Glenelg last week, But I would say it was difficult to take anything from Westies match against Adelaide as they had a lot of AFL players in and West were not at full strength, West by 13 points
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Lots to like about Glenelg at them moment, I think the Bays will step up and win this one for their long suffering fans this week. Glenelg by 18pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:23 pm

i was loving all the love for Glenelg & then realised what the date is
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 pm

bayman wrote:i was loving all the love for Glenelg & then realised what the date is

Very Happy
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:35 pm

well we (Glenelg supporters) all should be PROUD of the efforts of all players we saw represent Glenelg today, yeah sure West had a couple of handy players out but they also had some handy ins this week, what i saw was a complete team effort & almost as important was when West had two decent cracks at us in the middle two quarters we absorbed the pressure & then kicked away again & finally broke their back early in the last term & kicked 8.7 to 0.1, this tells me we have a maturing & well drilled team & spots are hard to come by with the depth we've got this year, some may not know but we had no one left on the interchange bench for the last term & Max Proud played two matches today & played them with distinction........the old ''all played well'' line is very accurate today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 pm

We were pathetic today. Our skill level was poor. Too many kicks and handballs were at players feet or just missed them altogether. A few guys look like they're still basking in last years glory.

Need to get back on track very quickly or the season can slip away very quickly. Tough ask against South at Noarlunga next week.

On a side note, Glenelg get your catering sorted. No kiosks opened until half time of the reserves and then still no hot food ready by 3/4 time of the reserves. No wonder they are losing money if that is what happens every week.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Glenelg 21:14 140
def
West Adelaide 9:11 65

I tipped Glenelg by 18pts, never thinking that they would thump West Adelaide as they did. Yet good luck to the Bays, they have racked up their losses yet they were always going to have a weekend like this and have been threatening it for a while. Congratulations to all the snouts down at the Bay, you guys deserve this one!
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 pm

I dreamt I went to Glenelg Oval today and Westies got thumped.

Should wake up soon and realise it was just a nightmare.

Was worried it wasn't a dream, but in my dream North thumped Norwood, so that reassured me.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Awesome win by the boys, a great team effort by all. It was good to see a four quarter effort. Still need to work on disposal but the effort, backing up and commitment to run was first class.

Maxy Proud would have slept well, he played 3 quarters of the ressies before being told that Sellar had injured himself in the warm ups and had to play a full game in the League. Being down to one interchange after half time didn't help.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum