UncleHuey
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Paul
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Port v South

Saturday 17 May
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Port 19.12.126 d Sturt 11.10.76 @ Alberton Oval
South 13.13.91 d Norwood 7.9.51 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last Time They Met
Port 5.8.38 d South 4.5.29 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Ladder Position
Port 1st 5-1 64.96%
South 2nd 5-1 58.32%

It's South turn to try and knock off Port. Will South cause the upset, or will Port inflict another 8-9 goal win on an opponent?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Paul Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Port by 41
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 7: Port v South - Saturday 17 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon May 12, 2014 8:00 pm

This game will be season defining in a number of ways.

Although South lost to the Eagles narrowly, they have been the form side of the comp (leaving Port to one side for the moment).

If South go down by 41 - 50 as everyone else has since round 1, then this will be a telling result in the scheme of the competition. Murmurs of discontent are being voiced increasingly as each week goes by.

I can't see South getting within 30 points. If they do that, they've done well.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Port by 10-11 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 13, 2014 10:45 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Port by 10-11 goals.

yep, that'll do me, another points bet this week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed May 14, 2014 12:46 pm

At Alberton - Port by 8 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 14, 2014 7:03 pm

The difficulty that faces South is that Port's skill level is high. They play a short kicking game in defence to open up spaces, then move the ball quickly.

Ben Newton, Summerton and Moore give them a classy midfield which is hard to contain,

South have to be admired for continuing their good form in the face of several injuries. They're proving that the loss of good, but mercenary players, is secondary to a happier team working together.

Hard to see Port losing this one and the perceived wisdom is that it will be closer than the regular margins.

I'm not so sure.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Port far too good.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 16, 2014 2:25 pm

The best opposition coach to pick the Magpies to pieces will be Brad Gotch, South by six goals!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Ben W wrote:The best opposition coach to pick the Magpies to pieces will be Brad Gotch, South by six goals!

Ben, that was a pick by your heart not by your head

Still that is easy to say 5 hours after the results were in.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Well it was a wake up call I guess, the bulk of Ports list are professional full time AFL players and they have been able to retain who they wanted from the 2013 Magpies list. From here I cant see an SANFL club that is going to get any where near them unless Port have a run on of injuries which is highly unlikely. My only real hope to the Karma Gods of Australian Rules Football is that the side that loses to Port in the Grand Final be one of the sides that voted them into the competition and not Central or South Adelaide!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down