countrycousin
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SANFL Community Survey - Page 2 Empty Re: SANFL Community Survey

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I am not a gambler and therefore not supportive of those who are willing to gamble with the competition, if they don't know whether it will be cheapened or not.

That proposition is entirely unacceptable to me and why I am so critical of what they have done.

If the outcome of a game is not so important, then I 100% cannot see how the competition is not cheapened and loses integrity.

I don't care if the comp is second, third or fourth fiddle in the footy hierachy. I am not clinging to pre-1991 concept of what the sanfl should be. But staying true to its traditions and a level playing field for all clubs including new ones, is non-negotiable to me.

That others are willing to gamble with this concept and "hope" integrity of competition occurs, is utterly negligent.

Oh for heavens sake Chambo beating a dead horse please move on !!
Are you following Sturt or are you leaving the SANFL ?
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 pm

mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I am not a gambler and therefore not supportive of those who are willing to gamble with the competition, if they don't know whether it will be cheapened or not.

That proposition is entirely unacceptable to me and why I am so critical of what they have done.

If the outcome of a game is not so important, then I 100% cannot see how the competition is not cheapened and loses integrity.

I don't care if the comp is second, third or fourth fiddle in the footy hierachy. I am not clinging to pre-1991 concept of what the sanfl should be. But staying true to its traditions and a level playing field for all clubs including new ones, is non-negotiable to me.

That others are willing to gamble with this concept and "hope" integrity of competition occurs, is utterly negligent.

So because having two sides you support in the same competition is convenient for you, Chambo either need have the same opinion as you or move on? What a ridiculous and thoroughly disrespectful comment.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:42 pm

So "IF" the Crows for example do things that obviously prejudice winning games, do I still need to move on?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

So because having two sides you support in the same competition is convenient for you, Chambo either need have the same opinion as you or move on? What a ridiculous and thoroughly disrespectful comment.

Well scrunch all we are reading is how bad it is for the competition or how its destroyed the SANFL !! And how many SANFL fans aren't going to any more games !!
And read what I wrote SCRUNCH I will only support the EAGLES in the SANFL !!
He can think and say what he likes
MY opinion is there are a fair few people sick and tired of reading or hearing how EVRYONE is not going to the SANFL and how it is ruined !!
On another football forum a south fan wrote as a rumour that the members of the six clubs will take action against their sides !! If u think like that south fan you would be sad to see that the Eagles board(3 of them) who were up for election . Were returned unopposed .
So really all this talk on the internet just seems to be that internert sabre rattling
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:So "IF" the Crows for example do things that obviously prejudice winning games, do I still need to move on?

Look you can think what you like chambo and can say it on the net . But the amount of times we read how stuffed the SANFL is and how the SANFL have sold out . Surely there is a limit or am I wrong !!

And you haven't answered my question will you still attend Sturt games ?
And the Crows did that last year with Sturt containing so many players in the league team !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:55 pm

And seeing I have annoyed so many of you guys Smile lol
The question that asked what don't you like about the SANFL I answered North fans !!

So there you go I've made more enemies lmao
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:08 pm

mickyj wrote:And read what I wrote SCRUNCH I will only support the EAGLES in the SANFL !!

mickyj wrote:And Bayman so you know Eagles SANFL and Crows AFL

So they are two sides that you support, and they happen to be in the same competition - Which is exactly what I said ("So because having two sides you support in the same competition ..." ).

Thanks for the reading tip, if you're capable it's one you might like to follow yourself.

Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Scrunch I do not follow the crows in the SANFlL why can u not accept that fact
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 pm

mickyj wrote:Scrunch I do not follow the crows in the SANFlL why can u not accept that fact

You support two clubs, and they will be in the same competition, why can you not accept that?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Touché but it's the crows seconds team I have no interest in supporting them !
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 pm

mickyj wrote:Touché but it's the crows seconds team I have no interest in supporting them !

I didn't comment on that, just that you support 2 clubs and they're in the same competition, but you've had a crack at Chambo who doesn't and therefore doesn't see it the way you do. Your song and dance was a waste of time.

It's good it's taken half a dozen posts to explain it. I'll type slower for you in future.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:Touché but it's the crows seconds team I have no interest in supporting them !

I didn't comment on that, just that you support 2 clubs and they're in the same competition, but you've had a crack at Chambo who doesn't and therefore doesn't see it the way you do. Your song and dance was a waste of time.

It's good it's taken half a dozen posts to explain it. I'll type slower for you in future.

Ah well guess Im a little slow!! Still nice to see your leaving everyone else alone and picking on the slow guy !!

So why don't you tell us who you support Scrunch or are you one who will never attend an SANFL game again!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 pm

The short answer is yes I will still go to games. Does that make me a hypocrite if I do?

I have not said things are stuffed. Certainly not in that terminology. I have not said things will be ruined. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.

It is almost now like, anyone who was against the proposal (of which you may recall there were many) are now pariah's for still voicing this argument. How the tide turns.

Make the best of it and move on. And yet how many people were questioning the ethos of certain club delegates for their conduct. But now all of these clubs' management are to be applauded for the way they operated in difficult times.

I am happy if people are happy to continue as if none of this stuff happened and everyone acted honourably.

But I ask, are a competition's rules supposed to be the same for all teams? Is that not a reasonable proposition?

All clubs had the benefit of afl players in an equitable distribution as was allowed under that system and it has been so for 20 years. So what?

That isn't the same as this new model, that I do not consider equitable in any way. The rules are not the same for every club are they?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The short answer is yes I will still go to games. Does that make me a hypocrite if I do?

I have not said things are stuffed. Certainly not in that terminology. I have not said things will be ruined. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.

It is almost now like, anyone who was against the proposal (of which you may recall there were many) are now pariah's for still voicing this argument. How the tide turns.

Make the best of it and move on. And yet how many people were questioning the ethos of certain club delegates for their conduct. But now all of these clubs' management are to be applauded for the way they operated in difficult times.

I am happy if people are happy to continue as if none of this stuff happened and everyone acted honourably.

But I ask, are a competition's rules supposed to be the same for all teams? Is that not a reasonable proposition?

All clubs had the benefit of afl players in an equitable distribution as was allowed under that system and it has been so for 20 years. So what?

That isn't the same as this new model, that I do not consider equitable in any way. The rules are not the same for every club are they?

I didn't say you said that chambo but posters in general on football forums in this state are !
And no you aren't a hypocrite .

My point I was clumsily trying to say in what scrunch would say is my slow style . Is the only view online is that of doom and gloom !!
You can say and think what you like
And I can say and think what I like

BUT all views should get equal time not just its all doom !!

Personally id go watch my eagles play any team no matter who that is !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:05 pm

I hope I am proved wrong and the competition remains even and fair, and even if the rules are not the same for all.

The WAFL scenario that is similar to ours, seems to throw mixed opinions on this model.

We shall see what will occur and how it will occur soon enough.

I am happy for your optimism MJ and for those who hold similar expectations.

I guess at this point I have well and truly stated my position, as you Scrunch, Bayman, Gingnernuts and others have.

I am happy to leave it rest until it all kicks into gear. And if all goes well, I am happy for you to tell me "I told you so!"  Very Happy 
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm sure many of us have genuine concerns for the future of the competition, I know I do. I'd rather things had stayed as they were, but that's not the way the world works. So I've taken the pragmatic approach. I expressed my opposition, through my club administration, to the changes while they were still pending. Though it was obvious to me then, that wheels were already in motion and there was no way I could stop them. To be honest I've gotten over it and moved on to supporting my club again. That was never really in serious doubt. Too much personal history there to abandon. In fact I'm looking forward to the challenges we face in 2014. Sturt play a trial game against the Crows reserves on March 8th and I'll be there. Probably with my son in law, who's a Crows supporter, who also comes along to Sturt games with me. Should be interesting, to say the least.  Wink
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:48 pm

ok, i'm absolutely against this whole concept & always will be, yes i told our president i wouldn't be renewing memberships, spending money at the club & so forth, however how can anyone me included give up a club you've supported all your life ? i can't, i know ''Chiggy'' spent countless hours tossing & turning all aspects that were given to him, he heard/read what we all thought from whatever view it was & made a decision, i still respect him & what he went through & only disagree with his decision, however it is now water under the bridge & we can't change history so i look forward to watching my tigers in 2014 & beyond, while i doubt it i hope my fears are proven wrong........& as a matter of fact, yes i paid for our memberships today......

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 pm

[quote="however it is now water under the bridge & we can't change history so i look forward to watching my tigers in 2014 & beyond, while i doubt it i hope my fears are proven wrong........& as a matter of fact, yes i paid for our memberships today......[/quote]

Your right Bayman, we will all go back to the clubs we love and get behind them this year and beyond, my biggest wish is for those of us that savior the SANFL tell the Crows and Power to pluck off by not going to any of their AFL matches.

I know that will be a big test for the faithful and I cannot see that happening, but funnier things have happened.

I was in favour of the change, so I am hoping the standard improves in the SANFL by each team taking it right up to the 2 newcomers and show them that they are not the be all and end all of SA footy.

p.s. I had an inner feeling that you would return to the fold. Very Happy 

Last edited by the prowler on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a nother line.)
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Scrunch wrote:You support two clubs, and they will be in the same competition, why can you not accept that?

I know it's Adelaide that's being discussed here but it's like Port, not all Power supporters follow Port in the SANFL.

edit: Bet not all Power players follow Port in the SANFL either. Example: Kane Cornes.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:37 am

sapaul wrote:
Scrunch wrote:You support two clubs, and they will be in the same competition, why can you not accept that?

I know it's Adelaide that's being discussed here but it's like Port, not all Power supporters follow Port in the SANFL.

edit: Bet not all Power players follow Port in the SANFL either. Example: Kane Cornes.

Understand that. Didn't differentiate between which clubs are followed, just pointed out that MickyJ supports 2 clubs that are in the same competition.

For what it's worth I agree with Bayman's approach. I don't think SANFL supporters have much choice, but I very much fear for the SA football landscape in 5+ years time.

And that's not just because I'm old.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:36 am

sapaul wrote:

yep, young Eddy wears a Glenelg jumper when at auskick  Cool Cool 
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 am

Scrunch wrote:
sapaul wrote:

Understand that. Didn't differentiate between which clubs are followed, just pointed out that MickyJ supports 2 clubs that are in the same competition.

For what it's worth I agree with Bayman's approach. I don't think SANFL supporters have much choice, but I very much fear for the SA football landscape in 5+ years time.

And that's not just because I'm old.

Lets just point out that slow mickyj cares about the SANFL ie the Eagles
Crows mean much less to me
If the Eagles are playing and the crows are on the tv playing in Melbourne . I'm at the eagles games !!
To compare my support for both teams is a bit of a long stick !! As I attend Eagles games Eagles functions buy Eagles merchandise Eagles raffles . Where as the Crows I attended their games in season 1 and that's the last time I went . Don't buy merchandise etc etc !!

But lets look at your statement of " but I very much fear for the SA football landscape in 5+ years time"
The last time I was told that statement was that the league had to have the afl involvement or it would be dead in 10 years !!
So now I've heard both camps say the same thing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2