countrycousin
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SANFL Community Survey Empty SANFL Community Survey

Post by Admin Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:37 pm

A survey for SANFL fans, commissioned by the SANFL regarding community attitudes to the league. It allows for indepth responses to be posted:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8C5X5BB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SANFL Community Survey Empty Re: SANFL Community Survey

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm

A bit late methinks.
Perhaps by 6 months.
Why would they not do this before the Crows/Power inclusion? Probably because they don't want to hear the answer they don't want to hear.

Frankly if they think I am wasting 5 minutes on their survey they can get stuffed.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:35 pm

It's interesting that my link to the survey came in an email from the Sturt Football Club. The wording of the email made it look like a club initiative. Though once I clicked on the link, it was obvious it came from the SANFL.
I filled it in anyway just to register my feelings. But like Chambo, I'm fed up with this ongoing snow job by the league and the clubs, still trying to justify what is done and dusted.
Yes I'm a mushroom guys. I live in the dark and thrive on bovine excrement.  Rolling Eyes 
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Come on guys build a bridge and get over it !! Personally I see two new teams my team will beat on its way to the finals !!
And if you aren't going to the games like so many claim why bother with the survey Smile . Just my thoughts !!
And yes I did the survey
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Are you sure you will beat Port micky? Given they have said they will pick their best 21, and not play all their AFL listed players if they do not want to then they will be a very strong outfit. I think they will make the finals easily so you might be the team that misses out!
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Are you sure you will beat Port micky? Given they have said they will pick their best 21, and not play all their AFL listed players if they do not want to then they will be a very strong outfit. I think they will make the finals easily so you might be the team that misses out!

Who knows Huey we will have to wait and see!

And if you look at last years players the Crows may need to field a team with 4 ruckman !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

token gesture about 8 months too late, i don't like what has happened at all & it is morally, ethically & just wrong on all levels, lets face it, it is about money & being told what to do......having said that i have barracked/supported my club all my life so i'm looking at doing the same from now on & just barrack more passionately against the two parasites located near the northern end of Tapely's Hill Road than the traditional clubs which i have respect for
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 am

That pretty much represents my view too bayman. And it was also presented to West members as if it was a club initiative.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:34 am

Done waste of time
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 am

I think even members of sanfl clubs are treated like puppets these days.

Maybe the various club administrations wouldn't want it to be so. But this whole inclusion of the Crows / Power episode has probably presented them with a reality that they are not in control of their own destiny any more.

Some perhaps do it better than others in engaging members, but the thing that has disappointed me the most, is that the thin fabric of traditional suburban values and independence that the sanfl had clung to, is now completely gone out of this.

And that was the very thing that held my passionate interest all these years. I don't think I will ever have the same passion for it now.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 pm

I filled it out with the venom that it deserved.  Sleep 

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:47 pm

testy wrote:
I filled it out with the venom that it deserved.  Sleep 

while i think it is a waste of time i did the same thing & added my conspiracy theories about the continual admission price rise over the last few years among other theories
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I filled it out, most were dumb questions, can't they come up with some decent questions for the fans to respond to.

Some good may come from it one day, wonder how many fill it out and if the results will be broadcast or published?
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:30 pm

or if they publish the answers they want to be published
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:54 pm

I did it and let them know that I no longer support the AFC after this move and go for Geelong instead, the side I supported before the AFC began in the competition. Personally I think that is the best response. Stuff the SANFL, go straight for the jugular of the AFC and encourage others to do the same.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Except that it doesn't work for anyone around 30 years old or under, given they probably haven't supported anyone else bar the AFC.

I did the survey and I think it's great that the SANFL are consulting the community about their competition. I think refusing to do the survey on principle proves absolutely nothing.

I for one can't wait for the season to start so we can put an end to the naysaying and doomsday predictions and finally realise that the sky won't fall in and that the SANFL is still a quality competition.

To me complaining about the recent changes is like complaining that your ex-wife is with another bloke 20+ years after you divorced her....
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

....6 months after you divorced her in this case.

And when did they consult the community about "their" competition when the AFL Reserves issue was very real?

Like government, you consult when you know what you want to hear. You don't consult when you don't want to hear the answer.

No refusing to do it proves nothing other than if they can't give a stuff, then neither can I.

How easily we accept the spin these days. Pffft!

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Interestingly, South Adelaide was one of the few clubs that actually bothered to consult their members who let them know that we opposed the idea - so the club based on that information voted No accordingly. A pity that the SANFL and several other clubs could not be bothered to follow a similar process..
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 pm

20+ years Chambo. The SANFL has been second fiddle since the inception of the AFC - the last 20 years have just been wall paper over cracks.

As I've said before, I would love for the SANFL to still be at it peak pre 1990. But it's not, and never will be again.

I actually have a lot of respect for the clubs/delegates who voted yes. A lot of the time the right decision is not the popular one, and it takes some serious stones to recognise that and still vote with your head when your heart (and your supporters) are screaming the opposite.

You guys are mourning for something you have lost and I understand that, but I think your vitriol is misguided here. The SANFL and it's Club delegates are tasked with safeguarding the game of football in South Australia. They kept their eye on that prize and did what needed to be done in the face of vicious professional and personal criticism (and abuse) which still continues to this day.

It's dead easy to be a keyboard warrior and shoot from the hip from the sidelines, but it's a whole nother think entirely to actually put your hand up to be part of the administration process and put yourself through the 'wringer' for what you believe in. I tip my lid to them personally.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Gn, just a question when South Play Adelaide which team will you barrack for/want to win ?

i suppose i can say this now, an SANFL official told me that they (this person) thought the clubs would vote no, then get a better offer & get 'invited in'

anyway i don't like it & never ever will but it has been done & it gives me just another opposition to watch Glenelg beat (even if it is a trial match) however it still is Glenelg playing other teams & that's what i've been watching all my life so i can't give it up & so it will continue, however i truly believe the competition will 'evolve' into a purely u/23 competition, there will be no more 200+ games from players or more traditions evolving as seasons come & go
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

In all honesty that's a tough question bayman. I 'support' the Panthers because my younger brother did a few years with them, but I wouldn't claim to be true supporter of the ilk of some of the other posters on here and haven't been to a game for many years.

My heart is with Adelaide, I'm a member and ticket holder with them, and I would be less concerned about the result and more interested in the performance of youngsters pushing for a game or players returning from injury.

If you asked who I would want to win the SANFL flag next year though, I would say South Adelaide hands down.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Gingernuts wrote:In all honesty that's a tough question bayman. I 'support' the Panthers because my younger brother did a few years with them, but I wouldn't claim to be true supporter of the ilk of some of the other posters on here and haven't been to a game for many years.

My heart is with Adelaide, I'm a member and ticket holder with them, and I would be less concerned about the result and more interested in the performance of youngsters pushing for a game or players returning from injury.

If you asked who I would want to win the SANFL flag next year though, I would say South Adelaide hands down.

thanks for your honest answer, the bolded part of your post is what concerns me about this whole concept
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Yep, and I understand those concerns.

Will that cheapen the competition?? Who knows. We're about to find out I guess.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

I am not a gambler and therefore not supportive of those who are willing to gamble with the competition, if they don't know whether it will be cheapened or not.

That proposition is entirely unacceptable to me and why I am so critical of what they have done.

If the outcome of a game is not so important, then I 100% cannot see how the competition is not cheapened and loses integrity.

I don't care if the comp is second, third or fourth fiddle in the footy hierachy. I am not clinging to pre-1991 concept of what the sanfl should be. But staying true to its traditions and a level playing field for all clubs including new ones, is non-negotiable to me.

That others are willing to gamble with this concept and "hope" integrity of competition occurs, is utterly negligent.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Gingernuts wrote:20+ years Chambo. The SANFL has been second fiddle since the inception of the AFC - the last 20 years have just been wall paper over cracks.

As I've said before, I would love for the SANFL to still be at it peak pre 1990. But it's not, and never will be again.

I actually have a lot of respect for the clubs/delegates who voted yes. A lot of the time the right decision is not the popular one, and it takes some serious stones to recognise that and still vote with your head when your heart (and your supporters) are screaming the opposite.

You guys are mourning for something you have lost and I understand that, but I think your vitriol is misguided here. The SANFL and it's Club delegates are tasked with safeguarding the game of football in South Australia. They kept their eye on that prize and did what needed to be done in the face of vicious professional and personal criticism (and abuse) which still continues to this day.

It's dead easy to be a keyboard warrior and shoot from the hip from the sidelines, but it's a whole nother think entirely to actually put your hand up to be part of the administration process and put yourself through the 'wringer' for what you believe in. I tip my lid to them personally.

Totally agree with what you have said GN!! Now its nice to read a positive post on the subject !!
And Bayman so you know Eagles SANFL and Crows AFL !! And when they face each other in the SANFL EAGLES all day every day !!

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next