Brucetiki
firstblood
Ben W
bayman
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Norwood 2.5 6.5 6.8 10.12.72
North     1.2 3.2 4.7   4.8.32

In a game where many expected North to give Norwood a run for their money, North did that for 3 and a bit quarters, before Norwood ran riot in the last quarter to win the 2013 Premiership by 40 points.

Congratulations Norwood, 2013 SANFL Premiers
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium

Post by bayman Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

6 goals in total to Norwoods' opposition in 2 years on Grand Final day is outstanding but is it good for footy ? i thought North were being too team orientated & this cost them goals, three times they went the extra short pass rather than just kick the goal, had these been goals, you just never know what may've eventuated but in the end Norwood were simply too good.....i thought Zorzi was good but i thought Warren was the difference in the match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Ben W Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm

North were lucky that Norwood missed some set shots early in the game or they would likely have been massacred. Very poor disposal from North, perhaps because they could not deal with the pressure that Norwood were able to melt out on their players. Warren was left to run riot and no NAFC player could get near shutting him down. Zorzi proved why he is one of the best Norwood players to have worn the Red and the Blue with his game when it counted. Norths last quarter was embarrassing to watch and if there is an upside, lets hope that they use that feeling to motivate them next season.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:35 pm

If my ears heard correctly, one of today's main umpires won the SANFL house lottery...
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:37 pm

firstblood wrote:If my ears heard correctly, one of today's main umpires won the SANFL house lottery...
He certainly did.

Winners all round Laughing 

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
firstblood wrote:If my ears heard correctly, one of today's main umpires won the SANFL house lottery...
He certainly did.

was this the raffle that you nominated your team/club when buying a ticket ? the clubs get half of the cost of a ticket ?.....if so which club did Curtis nominate ? Laughing Laughing Laughing 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:46 pm

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
He certainly did.

was this the raffle that you nominated your team/club when buying a ticket ? the clubs get half of the cost of a ticket ?.....if so which club did Curtis nominate ? Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Interesting bayman Interesting
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:50 pm

I just want to say also an amazing banner from North Adelaide today

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ AAMI Stadium North_11

hope that image works Question Question Embarassed Embarassed
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 pm

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
He certainly did.

Norwood? Very Happy Very Happy 
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 pm

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
He certainly did.

The 'umpires' were one of the 'clubs' you could nominate.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 pm

thanks BT, i wonder if he nominated the ''umpires club'' or another club Very Happy Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Isnt it nice when we all know the name of a person who wins these lotteries, rather than someone that no one knows. Good on him.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 am

Thank God everyone was spared another defensive 3-goal Grand Final performance from West so they could enjoy the attacking 4-goal performance by North.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

Flag No.9 wrote:Thank God everyone was spared another defensive 3-goal Grand Final performance from West so they could enjoy the attacking 4-goal performance by North.
Hear Hear, I was so pleased also.Very Happy 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:05 pm

But we did have more scoring shots .Very Happy 
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I was hoping they would have just got one goal
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Congratulations to Norwood. I've been saying for some time that they're comfortably the best team in the League. Congratulations to North, too. They put up a good effort.

I think it's safe to say that North's 'attacking' style produced no different a result from West's 'defensive' style. Indeed, they kicked an early goal, kicked 3 in about 5 minutes either side of half-time and didn't kick another goal for the game.

Given the amount of stick West have received for their results against Norwood, I think we can safely say that yesterday saw just as much flooding and defensive football as any game. Both sides in the Qualifying Final kicked more goals than yesterday.

Norwood are the most defensive team in the League. They're also the best at turning this into attack. If you want to beat Norwood, you have to put them under pressure, nothing to do with 'attacking' football.

West were well beaten last year and only managed 3.12. North were much better yesterday, but still only managed 4.8.

Given most were wishing for a Norwood v North GF, I think it's fair to say that my theories on teams playing Norwood seem to have stood up.

Good luck to Nathan Bassett, a master coach and to Josh Francou, a gentleman who has done a great job at North.

Our problem remains that the Bassett style has now become the blueprint for premiership success. Forget the AFL Rese rves teams, that might turn out to be a bigger problem.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

This should be re-titled "The Wrap: From A West Adelaide View". I'm really not sure why they need to be worked into the topic on a game they didn't play. I know they have come under fire in recent seasons but you don't need to feel the need to defend them at EVERY opportunity.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Well Done Norwood
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Scrunch wrote:This should be re-titled "The Wrap: From A West Adelaide View". I'm really not sure why they need to be worked into the topic on a game they didn't play. I know they have come under fire in recent seasons but you don't need to feel the need to defend them at EVERY opportunity.
It's open to any poster to comment.

I'm sure some posted about it being better North was in the final than West.

A comment about the GF game style and what it will take to beat Norwood is surely valid.

Thanks for reminding us West supporters to adhere rigidly to the rules.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:23 pm

No problem. I mistakenly thought a wrap up of the grand final would have centred around the teams involved. What a crazy notion.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 pm

You've just won a premiership and you're worrying about what West fans are posting?

I look forward to you policing other fans' posts similarly.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

My team won back to back finals
The legs were a pretty team under Trevor Hill
Now a ruthless defensive team under Nathan Assett

Im happy with back to back flags , but in the best interests of football, the game as a spectacle has diminished

I reckon the Interchange has evolved and created this monster of footy style
How often does this happen :
Players on the ground for 5 minute bursts,get interchanged and then being massaged for 5 minutes
This allows for teams to be MORE energetic to maintain defensive intensity for longer periods
Seems as if more athletes are being spurned as against skilled sportsmen

Coaches like Nathan Assett, Andy Collins and Ross Lyon have adapted a footy style that makes their teams very successful [and can you blame them ?]
Those coaches simply use a law like the Interchange , and flirt with it to make it a successful tactic

Back to back Leg flags am I Happy ?
Yes
But at a cost to a magnificent spectators sport
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:44 pm

redandblack wrote:You've just won a premiership and you're worrying about what West fans are posting?

I look forward to you policing other fans' posts similarly.
Why do you always play the "poor me" or "personal attack" card when someone is trying to be constructive? All Im suggesting is that a Match Review perhaps focus on the competing teams and game itself. I wouldn't have thought that an unreasonable suggestion. It is your website to do as you please but this is a prime example of why the traffic isn't increasing as it could.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Where have I referred to myself with this or played a victim? I suggest you honestly examine your own prejudices also.

TFSA is definitely not my website and my opinion on its running carries no more weight than any other Moderator. That has always been the case, I just happen to be open about the fact I'm a Moderator.

I think as a general rule, we haven't bothered much about policing posts that are off-topic a bit.

As for traffic, I doubt that keeping posters strictly to topic will affect it much, but I appreciate your concern.

Perhaps you could refer to the very many posts I've made here trying to be constructive about football, rather than my perceived transgressions?

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next