2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th)

2 posters

Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th) Empty 2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th)

Post by scott Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 am

2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th) 05_north
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th) Empty Re: 2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th)

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:18 pm

2013 Minor Round Summary - North Adelaide (5th) Northroosterslogo

2013 Ladder position: 2nd (14-10)

2013 Form Line: BWWLWWWLWWLWBLWWWLLLLBLWWWL

What went right: Their finals form was just about perfect timing, coming from 5th to reach the Grand Final.

What went wrong: Their horror form leading into the finals, with 5 straight losses – including being the only side after round 5 to lose to Glenelg.

Summary: North, like the other top 4 teams, jumped out of the blocks early in the season, winning 4 of their first 5 matches, and up until their big win over South in round 17, looked certain to finish top three.

Then North hit a brick wall, losing the last 5 matches of the minor round, including a big loss to Glenelg, to see them limp into the finals in 5th spot, lucky that the top 5 sides were locked in some weeks before the major round started.

If you’re going to return to form at any time, the Elimination Final is the place to do, belting Centrals out of the finals race with a huge win, followed by wins over the Eagles and West to storm into the Grand Final.

While North lost the Grand Final, they had a good season overall, with an entertaining brand of football. Some good recruits coming in, and a new coach, should see North continue on the success of 2013 into 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down