2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th)

2 posters

Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th) Empty 2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th)

Post by scott Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 am

2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th) 08_south
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th) Empty Re: 2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th)

Post by Brucetiki Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 pm

2013 Minor Round Summary - South Adelaide (8th) South_logo

2013 Ladder position: 8th (6-14)

2013 Form Line: LBLWLLLLWLLLWWLWLBLLLWB

What went right: Winning 3 out of 4 matches mid-season, all at home, where South have struggled to win in recent times.

What went wrong: Another coach losing the players and leaving before their contract was up.

Summary: South’s season never really got started. Yes, they won 2 more games than Glenelg and avoided yet another wooden spoon, however, they put in some quite insipid performances, which included four 100+ point losses. Yes, they did defeat West to kick start a run of three wins out of four, however, their other two meetings against West resulted in 100+ point beltings.

By the end of the season, the wheels had completely fallen off. If they weren’t being belted by over 100 points, they generally were struggling to score big totals, averaging only 61 points a game, and scored the fewest points in the competition, with 2nd lowest scorer Port nearly 200 points ahead of South. In the end, something had to give, and it was coach Ron Fuller who parted ways with the club. On a bright note, the club ended their season with a win over Sturt.

South were awful across the grades. Their Reserves finished bottom, their under 18’s finished 8th with just the three wins, and their under 16’s not only finished last, but they were winless.

With the hunt for a new coach, hopefully the new coach can instill some hope into the loyal, and long suffering, South fans who continue to support their team week in, week out. When this success will happen, though, is anyone’s guess given South’s very regular absence from major round action over the past couple of decades.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down