Southee
Lee
blueandwhite
the prowler
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Admin Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:57 pm

West 6.1 10.5 18.7 23.8.146
South 0.1 0.4 2.7 3.11.27

West bounce back from last week's disappointing performance over Centrals with a massive win over South, making it two 100+ win West have handed to South this year. Can West use the win to reignite their run to a top 3 finish? Where to now for South with yet another 100+ loss?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Firstly well done to West today, you were far and away in every department better than South all day.

What a shite performance by my team today. I wonder how many supporters will turn up next week.

The whole football department should be hanging its head in shame tonight.

I am glad I did not go to see todays slaughter.

the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v South @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 pm

I was one of the very few Southies that attended todays match. I think we  were outnumbered by the Weslo staff. Westies were very good.

What a lame, insipid, inept and disgraceful performance, a performance that showed little pride for individual performance and no pride for the jumper. What an utter disgrace that people who are rusted on Southies and have followed the club for generations had to endure the utter garbage that we witnessed today.

It was little more than a bruise free training session for West complete with blue and white witches hats.

Not sure if we have a game plan, not sure if the players know if we have one either. If we do have one, the players clearly haven’t embraced it, and possessing the skill level of a B grade country team, find it difficult to execute it.

The coach announced pre season,  that he now has “the list that I want”. ……
Phew, thank God for that!, at last!!!
Well clearly he hasn’t, four 100+ point thrashings have put paid to that. The mid season departures by some players, a normal occurrence under this coaches tenure have clearly disintegrated not only depth but moral.The playing group look lost ,disinterested and completely disengaged.

In recent times the Board of the safc have made some bold decisions. In making these decisions they leant an ear to the great unwashed- the membership and listened to what they said ….

A message to the board ...=there is an awful lot of noise out there, and its deafening..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 pm

I feel your pain, B&W, South were terrible. Given that though West were very good.

To those predicting a 0-0 scoreline, once I got over the hilarity of something so original, I realised it was 23 - 3.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Utterly Speechless!!

A club being ripped apart in front of my eyes.

Can not say much more tonight guys.....just that my heart is shattered. Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Any one else notice a South player (might have been Cross)  walking away to his position while the rest of the team were still in a huddle with the coach at 3/4 time? ...it was as if he didn't care for what the coach had to say.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 pm

firstblood wrote:Any one else notice a South player (might have been Cross)  walking away to his position while the rest of the team were still in a huddle with the coach at 3/4 time? ...it was as if he didn't care for what the coach had to say.
I have seen this by a few players this year FB......that ain't the first !!"

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:02 pm

I felt for cross - one of his lesser team-mates gave him a spray before the 3qtr time huddle - I remember thinking that if the player giving the spray put in the same effort he and liddle did, they wouldn't be so much behind.

I did feel for the south supporters today - You guys deserve more and credit to those who came. It was not so long ago I saw westies get flogged by similar margins -hand in there guys
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:24 pm

as dominant as West were scoreboard wise i don't think they played that well, however they did do what they had to do & get a big % booster, i think South were just pitiful with no intensity & was just going through the motions at about 20%.....after 5 minutes today it was ''nil all'' 8 minutes later the game was over, very hard to pick best players for West & we could have 20 people picking 20 different opinins but i'll settle for MACREADIE...MAGAREY MEDAL voting in this match intrigues me so i'll wait & see what the umpires thought, the 'throw' paid in the last term was wrong as it wasn't scooped, it rolled along the ground so surely that is classed as a knock on or a tap !!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:16 am

Rarely disagree with you, Bayman, but if kicking 23 goals and winning by 20 isn't playing well, I'm not sure what is.

Best player at the club was Tuck.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:22 pm

West by 20 goals, but still lose the free kick count, 14 - 20.

As usual. Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Didnt notice the umps much BUT when you lead by so much, as a supporter you are more relaxed and decisions dont have such an impact
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Ditto. Thought we got some rough decisions, but was so relaxed, didn't bother about it.

So much for playing in front, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Come on guys, its only 1.5 frees a quarter what are you complaining about

The Westies boys were that anxious to pick up easy kicks, they digressed while doing so. South couldnt give away many frees because they were no where near an opponent to give away one.

Does that clears it up for you.......
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:33 pm

That's gold Prowler!

mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Good work, Prowler.

Same thing didn't work for us when we were the cones last week Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:51 pm

redandblack wrote:Rarely disagree with you, Bayman, but if kicking 23 goals and winning by 20 isn't playing well, I'm not sure what is.

Best player at the club was Tuck.

i thought they were a bit scrappy & the top teams would have made them pay while South did not, the positive thing is that West still have plenty of improvement in them
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:49 am

bigclock wrote:
Glad you haven't lost that famous sense of humour R&B... You even got your weekly crack at the umpires in... Great stuff!
A weekly crack at the umpires shows great restraint in my opinion.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 am

I am aware that we require them, but the standard has been very poor for too long, and I don't think it's unreasonable to point it out.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:53 am

Where did he accuse them of cheating. The facts are we are regularly behind on the free kick count each week whether we win lose or draw. Probably an issue we need to work on with the umpiring department. Don't often see a team lose the free kick count but still win by 20 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 pm

bigclock wrote:
redandblack wrote:I feel your pain, B&W, South were terrible.  Given that though West were very good.

To those predicting a 0-0 scoreline, once I got over the hilarity of something so original, I realised it was 23 - 3.
Glad you haven't lost that famous sense of humour R&B... You even got your weekly crack at the umpires in... Great stuff!

Given that every football forum I've ever seen has frequent criticism of umpiring and this site also has the same, is it vaguely possible that this is you having your usual weekly crack at me, by any chance?

I'll leave our readers to decide.

(Cue ............Very Happy  )
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next