The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium

5 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Admin Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 pm

West 1.7 3.10 6.16 10.17.77
Sturt 0.1 1.6 1.6 2.9.21

West prepare for the Foxtel Cup final with a big win over Sturt. Is the win good preparation for West's Foxtel Cup Grand Final. How poor was Sturt?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Thiele Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Good win by the boys yesterday. Lucky it wasn't a close game because of the horrible Umpire that talked the Goal umpire out of a certain Goal
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v Sturt @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Bizarre decision.

"Are you sure that was a goal?"

"Yes, 100%"

"No doubts at all?"

Signals behind!!!!Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Good fun at Richmond yesterday. Question
The day started off nicely, with a Beef Curry in the Hilton Hotel with $6.50 balck and tans.

The question was raised, "do we need to head to the ground?".

It was warm, cheap beer and on TV.

But we took one for the team and marched down to the ground, to see how good our indigeounous jumpers were.

As soon as we got there it started raining (read: raining) but a convivial chat with FB over all things footy lifted my spirits for a while.

He did point out R&B hiding in the race away from the rain (Embarassed)

And then the game started, thought we had a half way reasonable effort for the 1st qtr, but West still had plenty of the footy in their forward half.

With the big wet the specatavel was about as interesting as watching paint dry. West were far too stong and knew the basics of what wet weather footy was about.

I am sorry to say I persisted in watching it until three quarter time when I couldn't take anymore and retired to the dryness of my car for the trip home.

It must have been a riveting 2 hours on TV, and CK did let it slip he was happy to be commentating from the warmth of the stand, rather than boundary riding.

A day in the life of an average sanfl footy fan who would rather see that than 3 stripe fruit tingles strutting fromthe terraces of our suburban grounds.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Admin wrote:West 1.7 3.10 6.16 10.17.77
Sturt 0.1 1.6  1.6     2.9.21

West prepare for the Foxtel Cup final with a big win over Sturt.  Is the win good preparation for West's Foxtel Cup Grand Final.  How poor was Sturt?

I reckon about as bad as Port, Glenelg and North.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't carry out my interchange duties from the race,  so the rain didn't miss me, Chambo. Sad 

Pretty happy with the Bloods' efforts yesterday. In the rain we were a fair bit stronger than the Blues and surprisingly more skilful.

Sounds like you summed the day well and I agree with your final sentiments.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:40 pm

It was clearly my lucky day that my wife had her work in an art exhibition at Murray Bridge. A part of the annual SALA event. So I was committed to help her set up, shake hands with visitors and sip white wine in a nice warm gallery. I thought of you guys when I looked out the window and saw the rain bucketing down. Wink 
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down