The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium

+2
bayman
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Admin Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

West 2.1 6.2 8.3 11.6.72
Eagles 5.4 10.7 18.8 22.11.143

The Eagles end their minor round campaign in emphatic manner, belting a depleted West side. With the sides to meet again next week, will West's rested players be able to turn the result around next week?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:16 pm

West got what they wanted but will it end up biting them on the proverbial ? i don't think so
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:20 pm

No wool being pulled over my eyes here. A hollow victory, especially considering:

-It was only the 2nd score above 100 that West have conceded in 45 matches
-The 2nd highest score against West in the Collins era
-Eagles highest score against West since Rd 21 2005
-Highest score against West at Richmond since Rd 20 2006

You don't score goals like that against West nowadays for no reason...even if it did take the usual multiple goals given by the umpires against West. The ultimate Trojan Gift win.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks, Spelly. Nice to know it's not just me thinking we get very little from the umps. Several goals and 25's against us today.

Not that it mattered at all.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by CB10 Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 pm

West did have a lot of players out so it wasn't the true contest it could have been.
I wonder what our line up would have been if we had gone into that game with a home final played at your own ground was on the line.

Really would like to see some reward to the higher finishing clubs. A home ground advantage for winning more games than the opposition and cashing in on the patronage from bar, canteen and after match functions by playing finals in the respective suburban grounds.
CB10
CB10

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Or at least I would have liked to have seen what team West would have put on the park had Port won last week. But anyway, thanks for the Stanley H. Lewis trophy and a double chance.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Interesting that all the Collins haters elsewhere picked West to fall down the ladder this year.

They're all still on the 7,000th re-telling of nil-all draws, despite West kicking more against Norwood than any of their teams lately.

One day they'll get past Football 101. The Wrap Up: West v Eagles @ City Mazda Stadium 3021091443 clown 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 pm

I dont think we are all Collins haters R&B, we are just happy that he is not coaching our clubs.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 pm

the prowler wrote:I dont think we are all Collins haters R&B, we are just happy that he is not coaching our clubs.
how are you going to feel if Andy Collins winds up as the South coach ?, i'd be happy to have him at Glenelg but that wont happen with Glenelg reverting back to a 'part time coach'
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 pm

No worries, TP, I certainly wasn't referring to any poster here.

If South get Collins, they would be very lucky.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

If Collo got the job at South I would still be there each week, I lost faith in Fuller about 2/3 way through this season when the big losses started to happen and he kept playing the same blokes each week, I understand there wasnt much for him to chose from in the 2's, but to keep the same under performing players week in week out was all too much for quite a lot of South diehards.

Maybe Collins would be good at South, but in my opinion they need someone with good current knowledge and experience of AFL football to bring some hardness into the playing group, along with some skill that we lack.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm

spell_check wrote:No wool being pulled over my eyes here.  A hollow victory, especially considering:

You don't score goals like that against West nowadays for no reason...even if it did take the usual multiple goals given by the umpires against West.  The ultimate Trojan Gift win.
Spelly, I was obviously interested in your statement about the usual multiple goals against West from frees. Was that just an impression of yours, or did you have stats?

I would say the Eagles scored about 5.3 from frees yesterday. I'm rewatching it on IView and at half time there were 3 the commentators called as 50/50 decisions, as well as others not commented on.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm

redandblack wrote:
spell_check wrote:No wool being pulled over my eyes here.  A hollow victory, especially considering:

You don't score goals like that against West nowadays for no reason...even if it did take the usual multiple goals given by the umpires against West.  The ultimate Trojan Gift win.
Spelly, I was obviously interested in your statement about the usual multiple goals against West from frees. Was that just an impression of yours, or did you have stats?

I would say the Eagles scored about 5.3 from frees yesterday.  I'm rewatching it on IView and at half time there were 3 the commentators called as 50/50 decisions, as well as others not commented on.

r&b, don't worry about yesterday my friend, worry about next Sunday, as you can't change history on shape it Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I have no wish to worry about yesterday, Bayman, just asking Spelly a question.

Yesterday was a great day.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum