The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval

+4
Lee
the prowler
Brucetiki
Admin
8 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Centrals 1.5 5.5 9.8 10.15.75
West     3.0 5.3 5.3   7.3.45

Centrals run of form continues, knocking off West by 30 points, but 25 scoring shots to 10 was more indicative of Centrals dominance on the day.  Can Centrals snare a top 3 spot?  Are West destined to be playing in the Elimination Final?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Centrals dominated from the outset, with only wayward kicking keeping West within 5 goals of them at the end of the game. Had Centrals kicked straight in the first and last quarters, the margin would have been far greater.

Centrals really show that the third quarter is the premiership quarter, where they kept their opponent goalless for the third quarter for the second week in a row (and in today's case, scoreless).

Also, this is the third week in a row Centrals have kept a side goalless in at least one quarter (and two of the last three where they've kept a side scoreless in a quarter).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Centrals v West @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Westies have $100,000.00 this year, maybe thats enough glory for 1 year.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:44 pm

There was nothing much between West and Central for three of the four quarters on the scoreboard.

The scoreboard lied. Central was at least a ten goal better team on the day. They were vastly quicker, more skilled and better all over the ground.

West were fumbling, hesitant, coughed the ball up constantly and played a stopand go game.

Mostly stop.

The hitouts at half time were an astounding 36 - 2, according to Champion Data. A more accurate figure from the club statisticians had it at a more realistic 38.- 10, still a smashing.

West are now in the danger zone for a top three spot. They have South and Port, then the Eagles in a decisive game, but their recent form has been ordinary.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

I think Westies lack of depth is also showing with Hill, Anderson, Bricknell and Ezard who are all experienced midfielders missing plus the number of league players they lost from last yr.

Centrals are in great form however and they have won 10 of their past 13 matches they have played.
They recruited very few players this year but their second tier players have really stepped out
Guilhaus playing at his third SANFL Club was very important to Centrals today

lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Is Collins contracted for 2014? One gets the feeling that he may have taken this group as far as he can?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Ben W wrote:Is Collins contracted for 2014? One gets the feeling that he may have taken this group as far as he can?
Its far toooo soon to mention that BenW as I was told on another site Rolling Eyes 
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:05 pm

redandblack wrote:The hitouts at half time were an astounding 36 - 2, according to Champion Data.  A more accurate figure from the club statisticians had it at a more realistic 38.- 10, still a smashing.
I did doubt that stat when I first saw it. What did the club statisticians have as the final tally? Champion had 13 which would make it the lowest hit out tally for the year (previous low is 18). But they do have a habit at times of missing stats.

I collated the player stats for North-Eagles for my stats database and was up in every category against Champion .... some by a considerable margin ....

Stats ... Champion ... Mine
Kicks ... 172-199 ... 180-203 (+12)
H/Bs ... 98-156 ..... 119-188 (+53)
Ins50 ... 41-53 ..... 46-59 (+11)
Tack ... 44-32 ...... 61-48 (+33)
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down