The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval

3 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Centrals 2.3 5.5 7.5 8.11.59
South    1.4 2.6 2.8 4.11 35

Centrals retain the Mayors Cup and extend their winning streak over South to 18 matches with a dour 4 goal win in heavy conditions at Playford Alive Oval.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:26 pm

The game never rose to any great heights today, the heavy ground made it awkward for both teams, Centrals used the conditions better and handled the ball and disposals better than South each quarter.

Bad kicking for goal could have cost South the game in the end, however both teams hit the post a couple of times. Once again South failed to kick a major in a quarter which is hurting them badly, whereas Centrals with good use of the ball around the packs when it came off hands was the big difference in goal scoring. A couple of bounces along the eastern wing by Josh Glenn(I think it was) and a long kick from about 45 meters for a goal put any chance of a South get out of jail card out of reach.

It was disappointing the neither Centrals nor South promoted the Mayors Cup to their membership by email or any other means during the week, I doubt if any of the players knew about it either.

What is the value of building some sort of tradition if both clubs fail to promote it.

Over all Central too good, but only by 1 goal a quarter.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Centrals v South @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Considering some of the thrashings that have been melted out to South Adelaide by the Dogs at Elizabeth, I suspect we got off pretty lightly today. 18 matches in a row is disgraceful, there is no way of sugar coating that.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down